Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? (1650 Views)

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming / May 29: SURE-P Winds Down, Sacks Staff / A Millionaire At 29, That’s Five Years Late! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Nobody: 10:39am On May 26, 2012
I read a blog just this morning and the writer starts by quoting the Advert saying,

"Millionaire at 29 . That is 5 Years too late.........Fast is an attitude, We know the pace you set for your self, that is why we set our internet speed to challenge that, so that you never have to slow down even for a moment. 3.75g in all states of Nigeria. sped up to 42 mpbs !!"

Then he continues saying what could be offensive about this advert? personally i do not think there is anything wrong with it, but trust the typical 'Naija' mind some think Airtel Nigeria is targeting the Yahoo boys (internet Fraudsters) in this advert telling them if they use (AIRTEL) Internet Data service they will Hammer before age 24 , and if they use internet sevices by MTN, GLO and others , e fit take 5 years for dem slow internet to send one mail to MAGA o. it might take five extra years to dupe their a victim successfully LOL !!
To be candid it seems logical to ask how does one link Faster internet speed to becoming a millionaire at the age of 24 years old to the typical Nigerian youth?? which is the average age of Graduates / youth corpers in Nigeria, painting the typical Nigerian youth as fraudsters? are they trying to secretly say they know how the mind of the typical Nigerian youth works and therefore appealing to that evil mind of theirs? think about it! Please what is your opinion on this, thinking along that line is the advert offensive or not?
For me personally, i never saw the advert that way, though i found it a bit challenging and perhaps inspiring that you could achieve much even at a young age. At least p square just bought a private jet. What's your take.

Re: Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Malabeni: 9:13pm On May 26, 2012
Honestly,there's nothing wrong with the advert or the message it sends across. Firstly,we should not forget the fact that for an Advert media to produce a good advert,it demands a lot of creativity and emotional intelligence. Besides,giving a condusive environment,29 years is rather late to be a millionaire(that is if a "Millionaire" is not used in the strict sense of the word or literally,a person with a million Pounds or Dollars). Also talking of linking internet speed with money,ofcourse yes. You can allocate the time you spend on the net to other rewarding things. Atleast, the last time I checked,the time honoured cliche,' "time is money" is still relevant.
Re: Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 27, 2012
Thanks Malabeni. I must say the Advert struck a chord in me. Always wanted to discuss this until i stumbled on that blog post then i found out i wasn't only the one who feels strongly about that Adverts. Don't know if i can say the feeling is positive or negetive but it's definately challenging becaue i'm not yet a millionaire and i am well past the set age for an Ideal "MILLIONAIRE". angry
Re: Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Malabeni: 3:27pm On May 27, 2012
Yes I also feel strongly about the advert. I love good adverts and it turns me on. That advert ought not connote any negative feeling and is really challenging as you rightly pointed out. It'll definitely rank among the best adverts in Nigeria considering the fact that our news media is always awash with poorly made adverts due to inadequate budget. However,an advert may be very well made,hitting the right market with the right message(atleast in the client's view,a message that improves their bottomline) and yet have social issues. Could you remember the MTN's "Na Boy" advert which attracted public rage,mainly from women and feminists? Camel Cigarette's advert of a smoking Camel which was condemned for targeting children also comes to mind.
Re: Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 28, 2012
I don't remember the Camel Advert but i can vividly remember "mama na boy@ That wasn't a great Advert for me but it seems to me Airtle has a great Advert agency and i can't wait to see what they have in stock. I say that because the Airtel T.V Ad by I.K (Big brother house host/presenter) also carries a very strong message. He starts with I can't sit still, then goes on about other people running a rat race. How funny can that be? ;DBut the Ad is really classy considering the fact that someone else drove the car while he kept on surfing the internet. That's the life bro!
Re: Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Malabeni: 8:40pm On May 28, 2012
Yap,Airtel really signed a great advert agency. Their recent jobs say it all. I forget to mention that the Camel Cigarette's ad is a foreign one, the US to be precise and it's a very old advert.
Re: Is Airtel's Advert (millionaire @ 29) Promoting Yahoo Scams? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
i think i have seen them in magazines. I`d love to do business in that line by the way cuz i love the creativity.

(1) (Reply)

Tasty Chin Chin At Affordable Prices In Abuja Only / Where Can I Buy Bitcoin Online Instantly With Naira Debit Card / Startimes To Launch Pay As You View November 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.