Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] (4941 Views)

Array Of Countries And Cities In Php / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by moderattor: 11:40am On May 27, 2012
Hi Coders
Here is the Complete array of Countries and Nigerian States [Open Source]
Released as opensource by a member of PHP Nigeria on Facebook.
Follow the link below:
http://www./169274473187646/doc/235139146601178/
There are some other important materials but i think this one is worth a property for every web developer.
Kudos to creator.
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On May 29, 2012
moderattor: Hi Coders
Here is the Complete array of Countries and Nigerian States [Open Source]
Released as opensource by a member of PHP Nigeria on Facebook.
Follow the link below:
http://www./169274473187646/doc/235139146601178/
There are some other important materials but i think this one is worth a property for every web developer.
Kudos to creator.

Or you could simply package it into a more convenient excel file one can directly read from, rather than needing to write more code to read your array there first.

While you are at it, can you also produce a database of Nigerian states and local government areas, towns, villages, etc. Include list of organizations(companies, schools, hospitals, churches . . . etc) grin
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by ektbear: 1:20pm On May 29, 2012
CSV, JSON, etc tend to be more friendly formats for sharing data.

1 Like

Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by bb6xt(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2012
ekt_bear: CSV, JSON, etc tend to be more friendly formats for sharing data.
I'll take JSON any day, over any other serialization format!
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by Ymodulus: 3:34pm On May 29, 2012
bb6xt:
I'll take JSON any day, over any other serialization format!

You said it all. Json.

I was recently working on creating a restful api system something like the facebook, bbc apis. that allow you user registration,news etc. however this was on a personal platform (api for a website) and i came to appreciate the power of JSON.
its soooo sweet. it looks like python array.
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On May 29, 2012
@Poster, I would rather you please package it up in some database file so all we have to do is download it and use what we already have to get access at the data. Nothing fancy necessary.
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by moderattor: 5:32am On May 30, 2012
I have noted your suggestions. Am not the creator, however i'll pass the information across.
That is
1. Use Json
2. Have it in a downloadable format
3. Try as much as possible to add local governments and towns etc.
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by talk2hb1(m): 5:31pm On May 30, 2012
thumb up for the creator.
Spirit of Open source
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by moderattor: 9:43am On May 31, 2012
Update:

Someone just wrote the JSON version and included it! smiley
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by leastpay(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
pls how do i use it. i'm intrested
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by krazied(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
Here is something that might be of more help, all states and local governments in Nigeria in a Mysql database with a HTML web form implementation using the database, for those who are interested.

https://www./169274473187646/464833826965041/
Re: Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] by benpaul320: 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
https://github.com/Benpaul320/nigeria-state-city-api

Hi, you can use this API, you get the states and all cities in that state. the API is awesome that's what i use.

(1) (Reply)

Wrote My First HTML Page. / Operation Prove Your Programming Skills / An Insomniac's Puzzle For Programmers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.