Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,664 members, 7,854,785 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. (4611 Views)

Exposé On The Laws Of Reincarnation,karma And Return. / Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by ajadrage: 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2007
m_nwankwo:
I draw from the Grail Message.
Thank you, but does the grail message believe in a Jesus Christ and the resurrection hope that he personifies? Because if you say that the master spoke words that lends credence to his belief in a reincarnation from a different source, then I would find it very difficult to believe that we are talking about the same Christ here.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
m_nwankwo:

@Kobojunkie,
Thanks. You made a fair point and those who want to use the bible to buttress the concept of reincarnation can go ahead. I clearly defined what I mean by reincarnation. It is impossible for a human being to reincarnate as a vegetable, elephant, donkey, minerals etc. A human being can only reincarnate in another human body. I donot draw my knowlege from oriental teachings including the budhist religion. I draw from the Grail Message.

I am glad that you are at least honest that not all the claims in the book are of the christian faith. I do know that the grail message combines a bit of buddhism with other beliefs in it's message. I have researched it a bit but ok.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by justcool(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Kobojunkie and Lafile

I have answered you question. You keep going round and round. I showed you an account in the Bible that suggested reincarnation-- "Some say you are Elijah, some say you are John the baptise or one of the prophets."

I also explained that the fact that reincarnation is not elaborated in the Bible dose not mean that it's false.
Read my second post on this thread.

lafile agreed with me that the Christian Gnostics believe in reincarnation. And now Kobojunkie turned around and said that reincarnation is an Eastern ideology.

Even a child know that there were Christians Gnostics. Indeed they were one of the earliest branches of Christianity just like the Ethiopian Orthodox church. Most of todays christains derived their religion from Roman catholic church. Although some of them ignorantly consider catholics non-Christians. Saying that the Gnostics were not Christians is like saying that the catholics are not Christians.
Please tell what makes one a Christian?
Please checkout the website
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen06.html

@ m_nwankwo
Thanks for your nicely written explanation. The Truth speaks for It's self.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by mnwankwo(m): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ajadrage

Thanks. The Grail Message explained the life and mission of the son of God Jesus in several lectures. The bible also have its own description of the mission of the son of God Jesus. It is left for each person to do his own examination and come to his own conclusion on which account is the truth. I do not want to convince any person. I state what I am permitted to expereience from out of the Grail Message and for those in which the words ring the tone of Truth, then they should read the Grail Message and find aswers to all questions concerning spiritual salvation. However for those in which the words of the Grail Message donot ring the bell of truth, they should drop it and hold on to whatever they belief.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
justcool:

@ Kobojunkie and Lafile

I have answered you question. You keep going round and round. I showed you an account in the Bible that suggested reincarnation-- "Some say you are Elijah, some say you are John the baptise or one of the prophets."

I also explained that the fact that reincarnation is not elaborated in the Bible dose not mean that it's false.
Read my second post on this thread.

lafile agreed with me that the Christian Gnostics believe in reincarnation. And now Kobojunkie turned around and said that reincarnation is an Eastern ideology.

Even a child know that there were Christians Gnostics. Indeed they were one of the earliest branches of Christianity just like the Ethiopian Orthodox church. Most of todays christains derived their religion from Roman catholic church. Although some of them ignorantly consider catholics non-Christians. Saying that the Gnostics were not Christians is like saying that the catholics are not Christians.
Please tell what makes one a Christian?
Please checkout the website
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen06.html

@ m_nwankwo
Thanks for your nicely written explanation. The Truth speaks for It's self.

You never answered my question please. No need repeating exactly the same thing you already did. And please read the posts to be sure you have the right statements cause I do not remember commenting on your post about the Gnostics. and Yes, I stand on the fact that Reincarnation is attributed to Buddhism. Check the history on it.

About the verse, the verse, like what I pointed to earlier only speaks of the belief of some but has nothing to do with Christianity itself. If you have you be haughty about it then there is no need for you to even bother. M_nwankwo is at least confident enough to answer questions without feeling he needs to jump to defense mode. sheesh!!
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by justcool(m): 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I am glad that you are at least honest that not all the claims in the book are of the christian faith. I do know that the grail message combines a bit of buddhism with other beliefs in it's message. I have researched it a bit but ok.

You are very wrong, my friend.
The Grail message did not derive from Buddhism or any other religion. The Grail message stands on It's own. The writer draw his knowledge from out of the Truth. Truths in other religions are found in the Grail message because the Grail message contains the whole Truth in It's pure form.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2007

The Grail Movement refers to an organization originating in Germany around the late 1940s inspired by the work of Abd-ru-shin, principally .

Abd-ru-shin (1875-1941), the main inspiration behind these associations, never founded any such organisation in his lifetime. Nor was he ever a member of similar organisations. The Grail Movement is therefore a brainchild of various readers of the Grail Message, perhaps to promote awareness about the Grail Message itself.

The Grail Movement has been described by some of being either a new religious movement or a cult. Members are mostly located in Western Europe (mostly Germany and France) but also in Quebec, Canada and in some West African countries such as Nigeria and Cote d'ivoire.

The world view of members of the Grail Movement is based mainly on the work In the Light of Truth: written by Oskar Ernst Bernhardt published under the name Abd-ru-shin which members consider more important then the Christian bible. The original teachings of Jesus Christ, however, form a central theme throughout the Grail Message.

Worldwide, there are about 20,000 members of Grail Movements. A declaration of the personal commitment to adhere to the principles of the Grail Message can be made by a request for the “Sealing”; a Grail Act (ceremony) that takes place during one of the three annual Festivals. This, however, is a personal decision on the part of the individual and leads neither to commitment to an organisation nor to links with other adherents. Anthem
"Das Lied der Deutschen" (third stanza)
also called "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit"

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by justcool(m): 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2007
Kobojunkie:

You never answered my question please. No need repeating exactly the same thing you already did. And please read the posts to be sure you have the right statements cause I do not remember commenting on your post about the Gnostics. and Yes, I stand on the fact that Reincarnation is attributed to Buddhism. Check the history on it.

About the verse, the verse, like what I pointed to earlier only speaks of the belief of some but has nothing to do with Christianity itself. If you have you be haughty about it then there is no need for you to even bother. M_nwankwo is at least confident enough to answer questions without feeling he needs to jump to defense mode. sheesh!!

I meant, my second post on this particular thread.
My brother I have no feelings attached, it's unfair for you to accuse me of that.
Thanks and Blessings!
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2007

Gnosticism is a philosophical and religious movement which started in pre-Christian times. The name is derived from the Greek word "gnosis" which literally means "knowledge."  However, the English words "Insight" and "enlightenment" capture more of the meaning of "gnosis."   It is pronounced with a silent "G" (NO-sis). Gnosticism is not factual, intellectual, rational knowledge, such as is involved in mathematics and physics; that would have been more accurately represented by the Greek world "episteme." Rather, Gnosticism involves the relational or experiential knowledge of God and of the divine or spiritual nature within us. A visitor to this web site wrote: ", we believe that gnosis-knowledge requires ultimate transcendence of the merely intellectual to be actualized." 1

Gnostics believe that they have secret knowledge about God, humanity and the rest of the universe of which the general population was unaware. It became one of the three main belief systems within 1st century Christianity, and was noted for four factors by which differed from the two other branches of Christianity:  Novel beliefs about Gods, the Bible and the world which differed from those of other Christian groups.
Tolerance of different religious beliefs within and outside of Gnosticism.
Lack of discrimination against women. Although Jesus treated women as equals, and Paul mostly did the same, the other Christian belief systems started to oppress women in later generations. 
A belief that salvation is achieved through relational and experiential knowledge. In the words of The contemporary Gnostic Apostolic Church, humanity needs to be awakened and brought "to a realisation of his true nature. Mankind is moving towards the Omega Point, the Great day when all must graduate or fall. This day is also the Day of Judgment in that only those who have entered the Path of Transfiguration and are being reborn can return to the Treasury of Light." 2

The movement and its literature were essentially wiped out before the end of the 5th century CE by  Catholic heresy hunters and the Roman Army. Its beliefs are currently experiencing a rebirth throughout the world, triggered in part by the discovery of an ancient Gnostic library at Nag Hammadi, Egypt in the 1940s, and the finding of the Gospel of Judas at El Minya, Egypt, in the 1970s.

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by mnwankwo(m): 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
@Kobojunkie,
Thanks. The Grail Message does not draw from any religion, old and new. It stands on its own. However any thing that is truely true in old and new religions must be found in the Grail Message since the Truth is eternal and does not change nor contradict itself. This consistency of the truth make some readers of the Grail Message to sense that it has a bit of every religion. It does not have a bit of every religion but the truth that remains in all religions can be found in the Grail Message.

@Justcool

Thank you too. I wish you stenghth in the service of GOD, the ALMIGHTY. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Dec 06, 2007
m_nwankwo:

@Kobojunkie,
Thanks. The Grail Message does not draw from any religion, old and new. It stands on its own. However any thing that is truely true in old and new religions must be found in the Grail Message since the Truth is eternal and does not change nor contradict itself. This consistency of the truth make some readers of the Grail Message to sense that it has a bit of every religion. It does not have a bit of every religion but the truth that remains in all religions can be found in the Grail Message.

@Justcool

Thank you too. I wish you stenghth in the service of GOD, the ALMIGHTY. Stay blessed.

When I say it draws from old religions, I mean it borrows some of the ideas of those religions, infact, many beliefs out there and merges them in a new package. If you read up on Buddhism, confusionism and even islam, and the bible, as I am guessing you have, you will see that many of what is the book, which itself was written last century already exist in those. Infact, what truth do you refer to?? I mean there seems to be different versions of truth out there. Which one do you keep refering to??
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 1:29am On Dec 06, 2007
[Quote]

Gnostic Christianity: Gnosticism is a philosophical and religious movement with roots in pre-Christian times. Gnostics combined elements taken from Asian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek and Syrian pagan religions, from astrology, and from Judaism and Christianity. "Among Gnostic Christians there were communities under the name of John and Thomas and many other lesser and later disciples." 6 They claimed to have secret knowledge about God, humanity, and the rest of the universe of which the general population was unaware. They were/are noted for their: Novel interpretations of the Bible, the world and the rest of the universe.
Belief that the Jehovah of the Hebrew Scripture (Old Testament) was a defective, inferior Creator-God, also known as the Demiurge. He was viewed as fundamentally evil, jealous, rigid, lacking in compassion and prone to committing genocide.
Tolerance of different religious beliefs within and outside of Gnosticism.
Lack of discrimination against women.

Some Gnostics formed separate congregations. Others joined existing Pauline Christian groups. Still others were solitary practitioners.

In addition to the above three main groups, there were many smaller religious communities, which have been referred to as Matthean Christianity, Johannine Christianity, etc. "Among Jews especially in the East there were Christian communities and literature under the name of Peter and James that stood in opposition to Paul and John." 6 Together produced over 80 gospels and hundreds of Epistles (letters). "Many of these other Gospels outside the New Testament had very different views of Jesus, produced in communities that held widely different understandings of Jesus." 7

[/quote]
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Maturedone: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2007
Fellows, please find attached an article on BIBLE ACCOUNTS THAT SUGGEST REINCARNATION. Wishing you a joyful reading! [b][/b]

Dear Poster Dorcasde,

I can’t thank you enough for this post. I have read through the attached article and it has really
made my day. After reading this article, I now know that I am completely normal.
I am a Christian and I have had some dreams and life experiences which were kind of weird to me. Bad enough, whenever I share my dreams with my Christian friends, they tell me I am going crazy. There was a time I met a lady at the Lagos airport, at first sight, I had a strong feeling for her. I had a feeling that we had met before. I went to her and she told me she had been staring at me……because I looked familiar. Then we got talking…, we spoke for about 2 hours and it was as if we had been friends for donkey years. When we were parting ways, we exchanged contacts. To cut it short, while I was on board the plane, I dreamt that this lady and I were married before. That is to say, we lived together as husband and wife and we had children. Immediately I arrived at my destination, I called her and she told me she had the same dream. And guess what, she said that must have been the work of the devil, deceiving us through our dreams. Then, I got confused. I spent days pondering over this dreams and then had to discuss with my Christian friends ……, they told me I was crazy. One of my friends told me there is no such thing as reincarnation in the Bible and I agreed (because I never really saw anything of such)….then I shelved the issue but then I was not happy with the whole thing because nobody seemed to understand what I was passing through. That was not the first one, I‘ve had lots of dreams about the past.  People made me believe I was not OK. But after reading through this article, I feel very happy. Especially because reincarnation is implied in the Bible, I shared it with my friend and he was stunned…he said he never knew reincarnation was implied in the Bible ….ha……Dorcasde, all I can say is that, MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE.

Dorcasde, I took my time to read all your other posts in other threads/forum and I can see that you are well informed and matured. In view of this, I would like to have a one-to-one talk with you. I would like to share my other dreams with you. The article also mentioned the ''In the Light of Truth-Grail Message'' as the source from which the author draws his knowledge…………I am very interested.
Please, kindly drop your email address here for me.  I don’t want to leave mine because I don’t want people to start writing me nonsense, telling me there is nothing like past life/reincarnation. My life and dream experience can’t deceive me. Thanks! Waiting!
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by lafile(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2007
@ Justcool
Let me state my case very clearly.
Re-Incarnation from the christian point of view makes no sense. Why? Because there is no reason for it. The only reason for re-incarnation would be so that man can find spiritual enlightenment and therefore salvation. However, for the christian faith, man cannot save himself. Salvation doesn't come by the works of man but by the blood of Christ. Why should i keep dying just to do what i caanot do myself?

There is not one verse in the bible that remotely alludes to a christian belief in re-Incarnation. Not one. Its not a matter of whether it was elaborated or not. It was not mentioned. The verse in Matthew about John the Baptist and Elijah does not suggest re-Incarnation. It was only talking about the similarity in the mission of both men. In fact none of the verses suggested by the poster relates to re-incarnation when viewed from a christian outlook.
See http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation3.html

I dont want to repeat myself again, but i guess i have to. Gnostics were not Christian. The fundamental belief of Christianity (That Jesus is the ONLY way to God) was not held by Gnostics. So what makes them Christians? Because they call themselves so? Please! I Think Kobojunkie gave a perfect definition for Gnostics. For Emphasis sake let me repeat it here. "Gnosticism is a philosophical and religious movement with roots in pre-Christian times. Gnostics combined elements taken from Asian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek and Syrian pagan religions, from astrology, and from Judaism and Christianity."

@All
Why does everybody (Muslims, Cross Bearers(Grail Messengers) etc) want to force their beliefs into the bible? Why do they want to authenticate their faith from the bible? Is it because the recognise the Power behind the Word of God? I dont care about what is in any other book. I dont search for truth in any other book. I have found the TRUTH, The WHOLE TRUTH and NOTHING but the TRUTH in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2007
lafile:

@ Justcool
Let me state my case very clearly.
Re-Incarnation from the christian point of view makes no sense. Why? Because there is no reason for it. The only reason for re-incarnation would be so that man can find spiritual enlightenment and therefore salvation. However, for the christian faith, man cannot save himself. Salvation doesn't come by the works of man but by the blood of Christ. Why should i keep dying just to do what i caanot do myself?
There is not one verse in the bible that remotely alludes to a christian belief in re-Incarnation. Not one. Its not a matter of whether it was elaborated or not. It was not mentioned. The verse in Matthew about John the Baptist and Elijah does not suggest re-Incarnation. It was only talking about the similarity in the mission of both men. In fact none of the verses suggested by the poster relates to re-incarnation when viewed from a christian outlook.
See http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation3.html

I don't want to repeat myself again, but i guess i have to. Gnostics were not Christian. The fundamental belief of Christianity (That Jesus is the ONLY way to God) was not held by Gnostics. So what makes them Christians? Because they call themselves so? Please! I Think Kobojunkie gave a perfect definition for Gnostics. For Emphasis sake let me repeat it here. "Gnosticism is a philosophical and religious movement with roots in pre-Christian times. Gnostics combined elements taken from Asian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek and Syrian pagan religions, from astrology, and from Judaism and Christianity."

@All
Why does everybody (Muslims, Cross Bearers(Grail Messengers) etc) want to force their beliefs into the bible? Why do they want to authenticate their faith from the bible? Is it because the recognise the Power behind the Word of God? I don't care about what is in any other book. I don't search for truth in any other book. I have found the TRUTH, The WHOLE TRUTH and NOTHING but the TRUTH in the Bible.

I concur @lafile. The Reason why reincarnation has been rejected over 1000's of years is cause it puts the salvation of a man in the hands of the man himself negating the need for Christ's sacrifice. That is why many of the christian sects in the early days which sort to integrate the asian idea into the christian belief were not honored. If you think of reincarnation in it's real light, you would understand how it is solely up to the man to reach the state of enlightenment and he can do so in as many tries as he needs. It completely removes christ from the picture. Basically salvation by works, which is essentially the buddhist belief; you come back as many times as is needed for you to reach enlightenment. Jesus preached one thing and one main thing, salvation THROUGH him. He is the only way to the Father. No other way to God but through Jesus and He never said You have to be perfect ( enlightened) to get to heaven. He simply said you have to be saved through him to get to heaven. His perfection takes care of you.

About the flood of truths out there is the one that you can read from this website , http://www.urantiabook.org/index.html as well as the Emerging and emergent christians movement. There are so many movements that want to tie their beliefs to Christianity but deny the basic traditions of the christian faith. How can it all be the same truth?? What is this truth by the way??

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Dorcasde(f): 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
m_nwankwo and Justcool, I appreciate your efforts at keeping up this thread.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Dorcasde(f): 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2007
Maturedone:

Fellows, please find attached an article on BIBLE ACCOUNTS THAT SUGGEST REINCARNATION. Wishing you a joyful reading! [b][/b]

Dorcasde, I took my time to read all your other posts in other threads/forum and I can see that you are well informed and matured. In view of this, I would like to have a one-to-one talk with you. I would like to share my other dreams with you. The article also mentioned the ''In the Light of Truth-Grail Message'' as the source from which the author draws his knowledge…………I am very interested.
Please, kindly drop your email address here for me. I don’t want to leave mine because I don’t want people to start writing me nonsense, telling me there is nothing like past life/reincarnation. My life and dream experience can’t deceive me. Thanks! Waiting!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Please feel free to reach me dorcasde@yahoo.com.

I wish you well!
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Dorcasde(f): 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
lafile:

@All
Why does everybody (Muslims, Cross Bearers(Grail Messengers) etc) want to force their beliefs into the bible? Why do they want to authenticate their faith from the bible? Is it because the recognise the Power behind the Word of God? I don't care about what is in any other book. I don't search for truth in any other book. I have found the TRUTH, The WHOLE TRUTH and NOTHING but the TRUTH in the Bible.

No one on this thread is forcing their belief on you. Perhaps I should be more specific; neither did I create this thread to force any belief on anyone nor to provoke an argument. I personally have a phobia for arguments, especially on spiritual matters because I CANNOT fight for GOD. His WORD speaks for itself. And every human being is endowed with the ability to become knowing, in this regard.

From what I am permitted to know from The Grail Message, coupled with my personal experience, I am convinced that reincarnation is a fact of life. And far be it from me to force it on anyone or rather tell anyone it’s a must to believe in reincarnation. I read the article, was touched and I decided to share.

Anyone’s believe, disbelieve or indifference about Reincarnation CANNOT change the truth of it.

Truth is universal! Therefore, any truth found in the Bible can be found in any other spiritual work. For example, I have read in the Bible that whatever a man sows, that shall he reap. I have also read it in the Grail Message. It is also a teaching in the Buddhist circle. Even for those who are illiterates who can neither read nor write, they know from experience that if they sow corn, they must surely reap corn. I have met some people who are not followers of any religion and from my interaction with them; they’re well informed about the law of sowing and reaping. As this applies in agriculture, so does it apply to our thoughts words and actions. Again, TRUTH is UNIVERSAL! Gold is gold, whether in the hands of a rich man or poor man or even in the worst garbage bin with the most offensive odour.

I will be digressing a bit and please excuse me on this! Again this is my own understanding and I am not saying anyone should accept. Belief, religion and living in accordance with the Will of God are NOT the same. Put differently, the Will of God is independent of any religion. It is perfect! Whoever lives according to His LAWS/WILL will make heaven irrespective of the person’s religion or belief.

In conclusion, I will not end this post without congratulating you for finding the TRUTH. I wish you strenght in upholding and standing by the TRUTH at all times.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by mnwankwo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2007
@Dorcasde
Thank you too. I wish you strength!

@Lafile and Kobojunkie,

Thanks for your replies. I respect your views but I do not accept them and these are my reasons. Jesus, the son of God brought the Truth in his words. Jesus is the incarnate word of God, the son of God. It is therefore his WORD that is salvation not his death. It is obedience to the words of Christ that washes sins not his blood. The physical body of Jesus is merely an instrument he used while walking on earth. How then can the blood of a physical instrument bring spiritual salvation? All flesh including that of the son of God remain simply flesh. If however any believer have any evidence that the blood from the physical body of Jesus is God or the son of God, let the person present it. I say that the blood from the physical body of Jesus cannot wash away or forgive sins because it is purely physical and God is not in matter. God can only use the material substance as an instrument to make himself know to humanity on earth and that happened with the incarnation of Jesus in a male sex. To therefore assert that the instrument that God used while walking on earth can forgive sins, wash it away implies that the instrument is God and that belief is idolatory. The worship of anything material or ascribing powers of omnipotence, omniscience to a pysical body, product of a physical body like blood is idolatory. Jesus the son of God brought the Truth in order to save us from spiritual death. The same mankind he wanted to save rejected the Truth and murdered him. It is the saddest moment in the history of creation for creatures to conspire and destroy the physical body that the Creator was using on earth. And for mankind who commited this murder to turn round and state that the blood shed by their murder of the son of God will bring salvation is a second murder, a murder of the truth that Jesus brought. I ask how can blood shed by murder bring salvation? Murder is a sin. How then can a sin wash way sin? How can a bad seed (murder) give rise to good fruit (salvation)? Let him who has ears hear. The WORD of Jesus is the Truth, and salvation lies only in complete obedience to the word of Jesus, not his death and not his blood.

Yes, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life and nobdy comes to his Father but through him. When Jesus spoke in these words he is saying that he is the WORD of GOD that was made flesh. It means that his word is the truth, it is the way and he who follows his word will be permitted the grace of everlasting life. This recognition does not come by reading a book. As long as a man keep living according to the WILL of God, he will at some point attain to the recognition that Jesus is the son of God and the way to the Father. It is a personal experience that all believers must have if the gate of heaven is to be opened for their entrance.

Obedience to the WILL of GOD is the only way to find salvation, to find the son of God Jesus and his Father - the Almighty God. The WILL of GOD is the road map. Jesus has already summed this up in the LORDS prayer he gave to mankind. Follow it and you will go through recognitions that will silence any doubt that reincarnation is a grace of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Mavenb0x(m): 4:26am On Jan 29, 2010
@m_nwankwo: Do you remember our recent conversation about "they shall go out no more?" in Revelations? I can't recall the date and I dont want to start searching my posts but I guess you should recall it. Here it is, again, now. It is the 3rd to the last paragraph of the document attached in the OP (I downloaded it to check). And yet you insisted that it's not taught by Grail Message Adherents?
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by seeklove: 5:11am On Jan 29, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@m_nwankwo: Do you remember our recent conversation about "they shall go out no more?" in Revelations? I can't recall the date and I dont want to start searching my posts but I guess you should recall it. Here it is, again, now. It is the 3rd to the last paragraph of the document attached in the OP (I downloaded it to check). And yet you insisted that it's not taught by Grail Message Adherents?

Here we go again.
m_nwankwo never said that reincarnation is not taught by Grail Message adherents.

Here is what m_nwankwo said:
What the adherents of the Grail Message say is not the Grail Message.

M_nwankwo maintained that the Grail Message taught reincarnation but not based on the bible.

Here is his entire post:

Hi Mavenbox. What has the Grail Message got to do with the debate between Viaro and DeepSight? The debate is not on the truth or otherwise of reincarnation, rather it is whether or not reincarnation can be supported with biblical references. Yes the Grail Message teaches reincarnation but it did not infer it from the biblical reference you cited above. What the adherents of the Grail Message say is not the Grail Message. I would have joined this debate if it is on the truth or otherwise of reincarnation but it is not what the debate is all about. My personal view is that it is inappropriate to interpret biblical passages for those who believe the bible or interpret koran for moslems when the interpreter does not believe in whole or in part the contents of either the bible or the koran. My personal insight into these things gives me the conviction that Elijah didnot reincarnate as John the Babtist, and Jesus, the son of God is not a reincarnation of any person, rather he is the son of God. Stay blessed.

Please lets try not misrepresent people and lets try to understand people's posts before we attribute things to them.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Mavenb0x(m): 6:05am On Jan 29, 2010
seeklove, why are you hunting me everywhere on NL? Were you sent by some entities to snoop on me or to stalk me?

Why not let m_nwankwo speak for himself? I have known him to be intelligent enough to understand me, even without many words. Here, I SAID that I wasn't exactly quoting so he needed to understand what I was trying to remind him. This is what he said:

Yes the Grail Message teaches reincarnation but it did not infer it from the biblical reference you cited above.

which was why I said

[size=13pt]It[/size] is the 3rd to the last paragraph of the document attached in the OP (I downloaded it to check). And yet you insisted that [size=13pt]it's[/size] not taught by Grail Message Adherents?

And you are here yapping that

m_nwankwo never said that reincarnation is not taught by Grail Message adherents.

Who said he said so? Ever considered writing a book "How to jump to conclusions"

The IT [/b]in the quote does not refer to reincarnation, it refers to the biblical reference of "going out". AND M_NWANKWO said the particular Biblical reference was not used to infer reincarnation.

So, it's you that is jumping [b]mouth-first
as usual into something that is none of your business. Will you please scamper off?

Please lets try not misrepresent people and lets try to understand people's posts before we attribute things to them.
YOU should begin by understanding people's posts before responding, since you have jusst scored an own goal now because of your impatience to read what I said. Let me tell you a secret: here on Nairaland, most of the people I have learnt a great deal from (except a couple of Christians) are non-Christians: atheists, agnostics, Grail Message folk, even a Muslim and a Catholic. I don't read any post with pre-established prejudice. It's like whenever you see some names you prepare to find faults in what they say. That's just wrong. And yes, I have observed you doing that with one of my best friends here on NL so you can't deny it.

For the record, I will keep saying it: I don't talk THE SAME WAY to everyone on Nairaland. To make some people understand me, I have to talk and talk and talk, while for others a simple hint gets my message across. Stop running into my conversations and speaking for other people when you don't know why I am talking the way I am talking to them. My question was not directed at you. Away with you.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by seeklove: 6:43am On Jan 29, 2010
Mavenb0x:

seeklove, why are you hunting me everywhere on NL? Were you sent by some entities to snoop on me or to stalk me?

Why not let m_nwankwo speak for himself? I have known him to be intelligent enough to understand me, even without many words. Here, I SAID that I wasn't exactly quoting so he needed to understand what I was trying to remind him. This is what he said:

which was why I said

And you are here yapping that

Who said he said so? Ever considered writing a book "How to jump to conclusions"

The [b]IT [/b]in the quote does not refer to reincarnation, it refers to the biblical reference of "going out". AND M_NWANKWO said the particular Biblical reference was not used to infer reincarnation.

Twist and turn as you will, still you are wrong. M_nwwnkwo never said that that particular Biblical reference was not used to infer reincarnation by adherents of the Grail Message.

He said that The grail message teaches reincarnation but never used that particular biblical reference to refer to reincarnation.

He simply said that what the adherents of the Grail message say is not the Grail Message. Why do you refer to him to the chapter in the article?? The article is not the Grail Message. It is the work of an adherent of the Grail Message not the Grail message itself.

This I think is what m_nwankwo is saying.

I refuse to insult you but perhaps you should learn to comprehend simple sentences.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by mnwankwo(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2010
@Seeklove. Hi. Thanks. You captured exactly what I said. Stay blessed.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Mavenb0x(m): 11:57am On Jan 29, 2010
@m_nwankwo: Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that whatever a Grail Message adherent says is not necessarily a pointer to the Grail Message. I was thinking like a Christian, we believe that we drink from the same waters. Have a great day.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by modupe01: 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
This is what the Bible says:

And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment. -- Hebrews 9:27 (The Evidence Bible).

This verse shows that there is no such thing as reincarnation.  It is merely wishful thinking for guilty sinners.  Many of the worlds religions teach their followers that if they don't get it right now that they will have other opportunities in their future lives.  The implication of this heresy is that you don't need to trust in Jesus before you die.  This lie is from the pit of hell and many folks have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by Mavenb0x(m): 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thanks, Modupe01. God bless you!
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by modupe01: 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Thanks, Modupe01. God bless you!

Amen. God richly bless you and fill you with His wisdom in Jesus' name.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by justcool(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2010
modupe01:

This is what the Bible says:

And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment. -- Hebrews 9:27 (The Evidence Bible).

This verse shows that there is no such thing as reincarnation. It is merely wishful thinking for guilty sinners. Many of the worlds religions teach their followers that if they don't get it right now that they will have other opportunities in their future lives. The implication of this heresy is that you don't need to trust in Jesus before you die. This lie is from the pit of hell and many folks have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

@modupe01

Did Lazarus and those Jesus raised from the dead die once?
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by mnwankwo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@m_nwankwo: Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that whatever a Grail Message adherent says is not necessarily a pointer to the Grail Message. I was thinking like a Christian, we believe that we drink from the same waters. Have a great day.

Hi Mavenbox. Yes what an adherent of the Grail Message says is not the Grail Message. Each adherent of the Grail Message gives an explanation that corresponds to his or her own level of spiritual maturity or insight. That means that in his explanation, he or she is only giving expression to what he or she is capable of drawing from the Grail Message. Depending on how pure an adherent is, his or her explanations will be closer or further apart from the Grail Message, and incases where an adherent is impure, his or her explanations will actually be contradictory to the Grail Message. Purity in ones being is what gives the spirit the mobility to sense the Truth and live accordingly.To attribute something to the Grail Message, one must be able to show exactly where it is in the Grail Message. That is, one must be able to cite the lectures or sentences where such is stated in the Grail Message. My view is that anybody who wants to know what the Grail Message says should read the Grail Message and make his or her own judjement.  Besides each adherent of the Grail Message is only accountable to God for all his words, actions, motives, thoughts and intuition and not to any other adherent of the Grail Message. For me it is how each person stands with respect to the will of God and not how a group, a movement etc stands with respect to the will of God. Simply put the Grail Message is addressed to each human being and not to groups, movements, etc. Thus what I or anybody says is not important spiritually to another person except if what is said is in harmony and resonates deep within another person. Then in this case, he or she is not agreeing with me because I said it but is agreeing with what is said because his spirit percives it to be the truth. Nobody should accept what is not in absolute harmony with the vibrations of his spirit. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by modupe01: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
justcool:

@modupe01

Did Lazarus and those Jesus raised from the dead die once?

There are exceptions to the rules. Divine interceptions where God shows mercy and gives another opportunity to complete their assignments and testimonies to these abound. But the Scripture is clear that after death is the Judgment. There is no second chance to be physically reborn to re-live one's life the second or third time as reincarnation teaches. It is either we are born once and die twice or born twice and die once. Being born twice and dying once does not mean to say reincarnation but the regeneration of one's spirit. If one is righteous at death their soul and spirit will go to heaven to await the resurrection of their bodies (2 Cor.5:8; Phil.1:21-24). The unbelieving sinners's spirit and soul will go to hell where they will await the resurrection of their bodies and experience the second death (Luke 16:19-31; Rev.20:11-15).

From the Scriptures we can see that there is nothing like reincarnation or purgatory or any such escape clause except the Lord has mercy and gives a second chance to come back to earth.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. by justcool(m): 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2010
modupe01:

There are exceptions to the rules. Divine interceptions where God shows mercy and gives another opportunity to complete their assignments and testimonies to these abound. But the Scripture is clear that after death is the Judgment. There is no second chance to be physically reborn to re-live one's life the second or third time as reincarnation teaches. It is either we are born once and die twice or born twice and die once. Being born twice and dying once does not mean to say reincarnation but the regeneration of one's spirit. If one is righteous at death their soul and spirit will go to heaven to await the resurrection of their bodies (2 Cor.5:8; Phil.1:21-24). The unbelieving sinners's spirit and soul will go to hell where they will await the resurrection of their bodies and experience the second death (Luke 16:19-31; Rev.20:11-15).

From the Scriptures we can see that there is nothing like reincarnation or purgatory or any such escape clause except the Lord has mercy and gives a second chance to come back to earth.

@modupe01

Thanks for your explanations but I don't agree with it. There are no exceptions to the rules of God. God does not change His rules to show mercy to people; His mercy lies in His rules. His rules issue out of Love and Justice which are His mercy. Mercy is contained in His rules(laws), which need not be changed to show mercy.

Changing rules for some people is nothing but partiality. God is impartial.

But you are entitled to your own opinion. If what you wrote above fills your void then stick to it. It is not my intention to force, coerce, or argue with you to accept my perception.

Thanks and remain blessed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Pastor Call Of Wedding @ The Altar / STRANGE :666 = The Mark Of The Beast President Obama Vs Revelation13:15 -18 / Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.