Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Web Design Question - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design Question (800 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Web Design Question by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hello,

I have a basic question, which i hope someone here may be able to help me with.
I am currently designing a site and have chosen to create a site about modern abstract artists. The site will have a short profile on each artist, and will have small thumbnails of thier works, which when clicked should open a larger version of the image on the same page.

However, i cannot work out how to do this, im sure its simple, but the only way i can think of is with framesets, which i don't want to use. All of the sites content is stored on a database, and im using ASP, so im wondering if there is

(a) some simple HTML/javascript i can use, or
(b) somewhere in Dreamweaver where i can do this, or
(c) some ASP code i can use.
Re: Web Design Question by my2cents(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2007
adeniyi,

You might want to look at LightBox - http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/ - once you are comfortable with version 1, u could then graduate to version 2 which has "next" and "previous" button (visible when you hover over the left or right sides of each photo).

You would start off displaying all the art work in a gallery fashion, then once clicked, lightbox takes over. There are other techniques, but I prefer lightbox cos of its eye candy factor.

Check out an implementation of lightbox 2 on a site I did a while ago: http://ibompeoplescongress.org/ipc-photo-gallery/ipc-jazz-night-photos.php

I hope this helps.
Re: Web Design Question by webemerald(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2007
Adeniyi, like u said its very easy to accomplish with dreamweaver, all u need to do is to

1) set up your database including fields for both the thumb and large images
2) make sure u dont set the field type as blob as u will only be saving the path to your images
3) set up your database connection in dreamweaver
4) next read through the master Detail set tutorial in the dreaweaver help file.

if u still need help let me know.

cordially,

(1) (Reply)

Stop Complaining, Just Get Public And Be Known / 3 Tips For Successful Work At Home Business Ideas / Drop Ur Website And Let's Rate It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.