Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager (5143 Views)

Jurgen Klopp Agrees Three-year Deal To Replace Brendan Rodgers / Brendan Rodgers Liverpool Manager Sacked / Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Dtruths(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2012
The 39-year-old is understood to have signed a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours.

Liverpool will pay between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services (Source-BBC)

Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Kuulnomsy(m): 5:26pm On May 30, 2012
OMG WTF angry angry angry angry
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by timbros(m): 5:26pm On May 30, 2012
Former Chelsea youth team coach lol....
KTBFFH!
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by lanruz: 5:28pm On May 30, 2012
Welcome Boss..YNWA cool
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Biodup: 5:30pm On May 30, 2012
Error!
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by feelamong(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2012
POOR CHOICE!!!
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Mrc1: 5:40pm On May 30, 2012
Pleased with this appointment. Rodgers' emphasis on a high line, constant pressing and possession-based football is an exciting prospect. Swansea play attacking football and I'd love to see the same at Liverpool. With some quality signings it could prove to be a good season. Just hope Liverpool appoint an experienced Director of Football/Sporting Director alongside him though, Rodgers in sole control would be a difficult challenge for him.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by crusufixo(m): 5:43pm On May 30, 2012
Whatever happened to roberto martinez. When did this guy enter the picture. Omo see one chance oh !!!! shocked, Omo !!!, liverpool u guys are surely going to walk alone next season oh !!!!

1 Like

Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by slap1(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2012
He did great with Swansea, I wish him goodluck.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Donmeca(m): 5:52pm On May 30, 2012
Who is Brendan? No oh! Martin wud av bn a better choice.

1 Like

Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 30, 2012
If u like apoint christain chukwu man united wil continue to dominate una til time immemorial. Up man u up 20th lig trophy nex season
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by opokonwa(m): 6:02pm On May 30, 2012
crusufixo: [size=16pt]]Whatever happened to roberto martinez. When did this guy enter the picture. Omo see one chance oh !!!! shocked, Omo !!!, liverpool u guys are surely going to walk alone next season oh !!!![/size]

LOL! grin grin grin grin grin ............AKPAKO!
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by niddamugu(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2012
Na wa o! This club is just too fanatical about UK white-skinned people. Martinez would have been a better choice - ofcourse, he's not a native..... angry angry angry angry
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Adeks(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2012
niddamugu: Na wa o! This club is just too fanatical about UK white-skinned people. Martinez would have been a better choice - ofcourse, he's not a native..... angry angry angry angry
Donmeca: Who is Brendan? No oh! Martin wud av bn a better choice.
crusufixo: Whatever happened to roberto martinez. When did this guy enter the picture. Omo see one chance oh !!!! shocked, Omo !!!, liverpool u guys are surely going to walk alone next season oh !!!!
i guess you guys didnt know what he did at swansea last season. i advice u go back and watch their games. besides, the guy finished ahead of roberto martinez o. martinez only had to pressure his players after staring relegation in the face but brendan prepared ahead of time and therefore never had to fight any relegation battle. i think he's the better of the two. but is he the best? only time will tell
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by doctokwus: 6:26pm On May 30, 2012
Mid season& Liverpool will come looking for anoda coach.Reminds me of Siasia,there is a world of difference btw COACHING compliant,untested,ready to hear ur instructions youths& MANAGING experienced,ego loving,some over rated adults.I doubt if Brenda can deliver d same results he did wt Swansea,evn if he did,11th position in liverpool is definitely considered a failure.D owners are definitely not ambitious
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by IykeD(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2012
chiover: If u like apoint christain chukwu man united wil continue to dominate una til time immemorial. Up man u up [b]20th [/b]lig trophy nex season

Continue dreaming!
Win your 4th, 5th and then 6th Champions league title, then Liverpool will concede superiority to Man U but for now, you guys are just some FA-assisted twats tongue

1 Like

Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 30, 2012
Brendan who? This Liverpool are not serious at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they get relegated eventually. . .they're certainly out of the top four class for good. Instead of going for a big name international manager with a winning mentality, they're wasting their time with these mumu mid-table material coaches.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by timbros(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2012
Adeks:
i guess you guys didnt know what he did at swansea last season. i advice u go back and watch their games. besides, the guy finished ahead of roberto martinez o. martinez only had to pressure his players after staring relegation in the face but brendan prepared ahead of time and therefore never had to fight any relegation battle. i think he's the better of the two. but is he the best? only time will tell
And i guess u dont know what Roy Hodgson accomplished at Fulham before Liverpool snapped him. Please remind me, what later happened?
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by velo10: 6:46pm On May 30, 2012
hope he performs
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by iykescream: 6:46pm On May 30, 2012
Brendan seems to have done well @ swansea,but i think Liverpool should have been more ambitous by going 4 a top notch coach.this season was tough but next season will b tougher
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Mrc1: 6:55pm On May 30, 2012
niddamugu: Na wa o! This club is just too fanatical about UK white-skinned people. Martinez would have been a better choice - ofcourse, he's not a native..... angry angry angry angry

Was Rafa Benitez a UK native ? Was Gerard Houllier a UK native ?
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Pat98: 7:00pm On May 30, 2012
timbros:
And i guess u dont know what Roy Hodgson accomplished at Fulham before Liverpool snapped him. Please remind me, what later happened?

He died!
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Reference(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2012
There is a current scarcity of real quality managers out there at the moment to fit a club with such history and status.

I honestly think this move is hasty. They should have waited till the end of the Euro's for a few of those top managers who may become available. It is evident that the only way to return to trophies fast is to hire abroad. The Di Matteo, young gun magic is not common. It is not found in everyone. Liverpool is definitely gambling here.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by semid4lyfe(m): 7:25pm On May 30, 2012
slap1: He did great with Swansea, I wish him goodluck.

Back on Nairaland after a long hiatus. . . .where have you been?
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Coefficient(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2012
FSG is just messing things up in Anfield. See what my beloved club has turned to. I'm not raising my expectations anyway.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Esosa01(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2012
RM would hv been a better choice, they will regret even approaching this guy at the middle of next season.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by joeyfire(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2012
I've got a friend whose name is iyke and surname begins with D. Dude hates united cos he is a gunner. Sure say no be you?
IykeD:

Continue dreaming!
Win your 4th, 5th and then 6th Champions league title, then Liverpool will concede superiority to Man U but for now, you guys are just some FA-assisted twats tongue
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by jimmykeed(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2012
Sincerely speakin' mehn as a commited lfc fan am speechless...i jes wish RB all d best...LFC4life..!!!YNWA
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 30, 2012
IykeD:

Continue dreaming!
we r beta dan ur f*ckin loserpool n wil win nex yrs champs lig
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by aieromon(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2012
What's up with Liverpool and employing low a$$ coaches
Re: Brendan Rodgers Agrees Deal To Become Liverpool Manager by Castos(m): 9:06pm On May 30, 2012
I SWEAR, LIVERPOOL IS DEAD AND GONE FOR THE BEST. EVEN Q.P.R WILL Poo THEM[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Athletic Bilbao Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On May 2nd 2012 / David Dean Has Left Arsenal Football Club / Barcelona Vs Osasuna (8 - 0) On Saturday,17th September,2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.