Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted (159218 Views)

How To Browse On Your Blackberry Without A BIS Plan. / Screenshot App For Unrooted Tecno P3 / Has Airtel Stopped Their BIS Plan On Android And Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by rainmaker12(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
for mtn
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by walcolm(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
rainmaker12: for mtn

it doesnt work for MTN only airtel
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by 9janinja(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2012
Guys i ave a problem with my htc android phone hero 100. I want to use airtel bis subscription with it but don't know how to go about it . 260MB WASN'T enough for it . Pls help . Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
Pls is it possible for me to use my Mtn Blackberry BIS on my HP Compaq laptop and how?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Chikebrain: 11:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
Tesiday: Pls is it possible for me to use my Mtn Blackberry BIS on my HP Compaq laptop and how?
Yes its possible. This can be done through a VPN software.
You could send a mail to chike.louis@yahoo.com for more info.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Chikebrain: 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
9janinja: Guys i ave a problem with my htc android phone hero 100. I want to use airtel bis subscription with it but don't know how to go about it . 260MB WASN'T enough for it . Pls help . Thanks
I'll advise you get driodVPN for unlimited internet access. Send a mail to chike.louis@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by coruso(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2012
Non rooted Phone or tablet.

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Look for GAE proxy app and Droid VPN from google Play. and install them.

2. Open GAE proxy, scroll down to the place it asks to download additional files.

i cheed for GAE proxy app from google play but what i hav seen is SSHTunnel(BETA) and when i opened it the is no place requesting for additional files. pls guid me throgh.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by deleo16(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2012
I SUBSCRIBE FOR AIRTEL 1G FOR 1200 ON MY TECNO N3 THINKING IT WOULD WORK BUT TO MY SURPRISE I WAS UNABLE TO BROWSE SINCE DEN THE ONLY THING IT DISPLAY IS 3G I HAVNT ROOT MY PHONE PLS HELP
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by folahann(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2012
coruso: Non rooted Phone or tablet.

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Look for GAE proxy app and Droid VPN from google Play. and install them.

2. Open GAE proxy, scroll down to the place it asks to download additional files.

i cheed for GAE proxy app from google play but what i hav seen is SSHTunnel(BETA) and when i opened it the is no place requesting for additional files. pls guid me throgh.

EXACTLY. There is no place at all that asks to download additional files.

Even DroidVPN says it only works on rooted phones. I don't think most of these things can work on non-rooted phones
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Wilfem(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
folahann:

EXACTLY. There is no place at all that asks to download additional files.

Even DroidVPN says it only works on rooted phones. I don't think most of these things can work on non-rooted phones

You'll have to root your Aneroid phone before DroidVpn can work. I'm enjoying it on my tab 2 7.0
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Chikebrain: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
To browse unlimited on your andriod phones, your phone has to be rooted (learn how to root your phone here ). You'll also need to download driod vpn.
You could mail me up chike.louis@yahoo.com
NB: This service may be unlimited but not FREE browing.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by deleo16(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2012
When I first bought the phone I was browsing with the free Mb On the airtel. With Tecno N3 them the mb stop I decided to subscribe for the 1200 plan after I subscribe by texting BSM to 440 I got a message from airtel which says "your airtel complete blackberry plan subscription was successful"then on my phone the 3G network is constant even up till now as I type. is there some setting I am not doing right pls help my 1GB plan I have been unable to use it my phone is not rooted
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by nuelnuel: 1:58am On Dec 25, 2012
cj1080: About a month ago, I read somewhere on the net that a blackberry plan can be used on a pc or phone. Being that in the uk and us Network providers provide for a blackberry complete plan that offers unlimited internet downloads and uploads.

Questions is can it also be used on an android phone, after some googling the answer was yes. Big thanks goes to the guys on androidforum.com

Time to get the bang for your buck, no more all that horse power and so little room to gallop.

So these are what you will need on your android phone or tablet.

For rooted android phones or tablet.

1.Download superuser if you dont have it, if you do, then download SetDns from google play or market.

2. Pay for Blackberry complete plan, wait for the text message saying that your blackberry plan is active.
(i am using airtel's BBC plan N500 cos around my area airtel is a bit fast)

3. Go to Mobile network settings on your android.

4. Create a New Access Point. Name it anything. But in your apn tab, put blackberry.net

5. user and password, Put web.

6. Scroll down to the option apn type, there enther "default".

7. Save your apn, selet it, and switch off your phone or tablet.

8. Switch on your phone, and check your notification bar. if the 3g or edge sign is showing data coming in and going out. then your good to go. This means that the BBC plan is working as an internet access point. But you will notice that no app will connect to the net yet.

9. This where SetDns comes in, open setdns, scroll down to where a tab says googledns,your will see two input boxs below it. Leave them, and go to the tab that says apply.

10. Click Apply, A notification should show up saying superuser has granded access to setdns.

11. minimize it. and try any internet app. It will connect

12. Did i mention that setdns also speeds up your internet speed.

3. After the download.

4. Activate BB complete, and create your blackberry apn.

5. Open GAE proxy and click enable network.

6. Open any internet enabled app and enjoy.

Using Droid VPN

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Download the app from Google play or google Droid VPN and download it from the site.

2.Register a username on droid vpn

3.Activate your droid vpn account,.

4.activate the app.

5. Pay for your BB complete plan, and activate the blackberry apn,make sure you get the message that your plan is active.

6. Open Droid VPN and connect it. it will give you two servers you can use for free.

7. Once its connected.

8. Open any internet enabled app and connect.

wow, that was long.

Thats all folks.

If you want to use a modem( Huwei E205 and E1550)on your tablet remember to turn off the wireless access before the tablet can see the modem.

Wanna buy a tablet.

Check these out.

I have 2pcs of MID A10 android tablets and 4pcs MID Flypad tablets forsale
Specs are as follows

MID A10 HD/3D Tablet
Processor: 1.2GHZ Ram: 512mb, 4GB internal storage,
microsd reader, keypad and pouch.
mini usb port, HDMI port for linking with HD/3D flatscreen TV's
WIFI,3G modem support,1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
4-6 hours active battery time,4 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.4, 7" tablet, auto screen rotation.
3G HSDPA modem.
with office suit,adobe reader,photoshop,air,facebook,twitter and other apps
Price N45,000

MID flypad HD
Processor: 1GHZ Ram: 512mb,4GB internal memory storage,
microsd reader, 1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
WIFI, Ethernet, 3G module support, USB.
3-4 hours active battery time, 3 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.3, 7" tablet.
Price N26,000

Call Cj 08071064265 07035803388.

Please who can tell me wether this still works.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by 9free(m): 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
nuelnuel:
Please who can tell me wether this still works.

Guy, Airtel normal bis plan((#1200) still works with default settings. Enjoh!
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Ezekiel003(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Plz i use tecno n3 can it work and au wl i do it if yes
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by walcolm(m): 6:33am On Jan 15, 2013
deleo16: When I first bought the phone I was browsing with the free Mb On the airtel. With Tecno N3 them the mb stop I decided to subscribe for the 1200 plan after I subscribe by texting BSM to 440 I got a message from airtel which says "your airtel complete blackberry plan subscription was successful"then on my phone the 3G network is constant even up till now as I type. is there some setting I am not doing right pls help my 1GB plan I have been unable to use it my phone is not rooted

have you tampered with the settings on your phone? Airtel BIS works without you having to set or alter any setting on a device. so reset your phone to default (factory) settings and the BIS plan should start working

Ezekiel003: Plz i use tecno n3 can it work and au wl i do it if yes
YES
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by OzMagiQ(m): 1:15am On Jan 23, 2013
Wats Up Ya'll... Well dnt Hear nothing about Glo but I sure Use it on Blackberry n This Android BIS thingy is a welcome development so I wanted to specifically know what plan it works on The BIS alone or the lesser Plans like the Coweek that dosent activate more than just on E-Mail n costs 1400 n gives an acess of a Whooping 3GB data plan!!! Yes I said it!!! 3GB plus 700MB for Coweek which makes better than any network!!! They even got 4G so I guess Glo is the best to Rock this Android happily..... Help!!! Oz
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by W3xy1(m): 5:56am On Jan 23, 2013
am usin tecno n3 and i subcribe to airtel 1gig. i didnt do any configuration. just try use internet.ng.zain.com as ur apn. no ip and no port. it powers all application.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by W3xy1(m): 6:00am On Jan 23, 2013
who hav tried both mtn and eti bis on androids and is it unlimited? that airtel 1gig is not enuf 4 me jare. all i need now is unlimited data cap since my mtn refuse to surf free
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by W3xy1(m): 6:03am On Jan 23, 2013
cj1080: About a month ago, I read somewhere on the net that a blackberry plan can be used on a pc or phone. Being that in the uk and us Network providers provide for a blackberry complete plan that offers unlimited internet downloads and uploads.

Questions is can it also be used on an android phone, after some googling the answer was yes. Big thanks goes to the guys on androidforum.com

Time to get the bang for your buck, no more all that horse power and so little room to gallop.

So these are what you will need on your android phone or tablet.

For rooted android phones or tablet.

1.Download superuser if you dont have it, if you do, then download SetDns from google play or market.

2. Pay for Blackberry complete plan, wait for the text message saying that your blackberry plan is active.
(i am using airtel's BBC plan N500 cos around my area airtel is a bit fast)

3. Go to Mobile network settings on your android.

4. Create a New Access Point. Name it anything. But in your apn tab, put blackberry.net

5. user and password, Put web.

6. Scroll down to the option apn type, there enther "default".

7. Save your apn, selet it, and switch off your phone or tablet.

8. Switch on your phone, and check your notification bar. if the 3g or edge sign is showing data coming in and going out. then your good to go. This means that the BBC plan is working as an internet access point. But you will notice that no app will connect to the net yet.

9. This where SetDns comes in, open setdns, scroll down to where a tab says googledns,your will see two input boxs below it. Leave them, and go to the tab that says apply.

10. Click Apply, A notification should show up saying superuser has granded access to setdns.

11. minimize it. and try any internet app. It will connect

12. Did i mention that setdns also speeds up your internet speed.

3. After the download.

4. Activate BB complete, and create your blackberry apn.

5. Open GAE proxy and click enable network.

6. Open any internet enabled app and enjoy.

Using Droid VPN

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Download the app from Google play or google Droid VPN and download it from the site.

2.Register a username on droid vpn

3.Activate your droid vpn account,.

4.activate the app.

5. Pay for your BB complete plan, and activate the blackberry apn,make sure you get the message that your plan is active.

6. Open Droid VPN and connect it. it will give you two servers you can use for free.

7. Once its connected.

8. Open any internet enabled app and connect.

wow, that was long.

Thats all folks.

If you want to use a modem( Huwei E205 and E1550)on your tablet remember to turn off the wireless access before the tablet can see the modem.

Wanna buy a tablet.

Check these out.

I have 2pcs of MID A10 android tablets and 4pcs MID Flypad tablets forsale
Specs are as follows

MID A10 HD/3D Tablet
Processor: 1.2GHZ Ram: 512mb, 4GB internal storage,
microsd reader, keypad and pouch.
mini usb port, HDMI port for linking with HD/3D flatscreen TV's
WIFI,3G modem support,1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
4-6 hours active battery time,4 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.4, 7" tablet, auto screen rotation.
3G HSDPA modem.
with office suit,adobe reader,photoshop,air,facebook,twitter and other apps
Price N45,000

MID flypad HD
Processor: 1GHZ Ram: 512mb,4GB internal memory storage,
microsd reader, 1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
WIFI, Ethernet, 3G module support, USB.
3-4 hours active battery time, 3 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.3, 7" tablet.
Price N26,000

Call Cj 08071064265 07035803388.

will that software turn my 1gig on airtel unlimited becoz my airtel is surfin on my droid without any software
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by walcolm(m): 11:10am On Jan 23, 2013
W3xy1: who hav tried both mtn and eti bis on androids and is it unlimited? that airtel 1gig is not enuf 4 me jare. all i need now is unlimited data cap since my mtn refuse to surf free

glo bis now works. search the thread for the apn tweak. they give 3gb for the monthly data plans
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by nightwing(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2013
Hey i just found out about the airtel bis for android and i paid for a daily plan but when it connected it only worked for like 10 minutes can anyone please help
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by luluosas(m): 11:22am On Feb 01, 2013
walcolm:

glo bis now works. search the thread for the apn tweak. they give 3gb for the monthly data plans
Here is the thread for the Glo BB plans working on phones and other devices https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by luluosas(m): 11:23am On Feb 01, 2013
OzMagiQ: Wats Up Ya'll... Well dnt Hear nothing about Glo but I sure Use it on Blackberry n This Android BIS thingy is a welcome development so I wanted to specifically know what plan it works on The BIS alone or the lesser Plans like the Coweek that dosent activate more than just on E-Mail n costs 1400 n gives an acess of a Whooping 3GB data plan!!! Yes I said it!!! 3GB plus 700MB for Coweek which makes better than any network!!! They even got 4G so I guess Glo is the best to Rock this Android happily..... Help!!! Oz
Then, you need to visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other for the Glo BB plans on phones and other devices. Thank you.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by dguyindcorner(m): 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
@op,for unrooted users after doin followin ur instructions,doees dat meann we cann download unlimitedly or we wil bee using data?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by djarkatajnr(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
plz guyz is n8 an android phone. If yes, can it support the said application and use the bb complete plan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Promo - Free Recharge Cards: / Research & "FBT" Thread ( This is not a chat room ) / Nokia Secret Codes(Revealed Here).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.