Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Is God An Italian? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is God An Italian? (1083 Views)

'messi Is God's Reflection, But Ronaldo's Not The Devil' / Hot Italian Model, Claudia Romani Set To Become Professional Referee In Serie A / Lionel Messi's Son Thiago Shows Off Football Skills On Italian Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God An Italian? by texbiano(m): 12:00am On Nov 21, 2007
The god of soccer is so unfair. So unfair!
Or how else would one explain the continual favour the Italians enjoy at extremely crucial times. And the latest of the victims are Scotland. Scotland were 2 minutes away from the European Championships before the referee, apparently under the influence of some cheap drug, awarded a free kick to Italy - one that ought to have been awarded the other way round, and boom. Italy scores.
That match reminded me about the manner Italy defeated the Super Eagles at USA 94, and I could almost weep for Scotland.
I just hope that referee minds where he goes at least for sometime because I'm sure some Scots would not hesitate to lynch him.
Re: Is God An Italian? by kaydee(m): 12:40am On Nov 21, 2007
Here they come again. Where was you when they were unjustly treated at the world cup in 2002? They've had their own share of bad luck too.

There's nothing wrong with the officiating at USA 94. If u wanna watch,i got the videos. If u don't have any sensible thang to say. Vamoose!!!!!!
Re: Is God An Italian? by akinalabi(m): 2:22am On Nov 21, 2007
So you did not see the perfectly good goal that
was ruled offside? That would have made it a
second and would have killed the game.

Besides, Barry was half a yard offside for Scotland's
leveller.

A draw wouldn't have taken them through
straight away. They would need France to
lose in Ukraine.

And what did the referee do at USA 94?

Akin Alabi
Re: Is God An Italian? by cooljoe(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2007
I don't have anything against the Italians, afterall Paolo Maldini is my favorite player. During the game against the Eagles in USA 94, Maldini, should've gotten a red card for the foul he commited on Rashidi Yekini, he was the last defender, and he brought down a goal bound Yekini. It was simply poor officiating, it had nothing to do with the Italians, Maldini was only trying to prevent a goal. In the 2002 world cup, they were denied a semi-final place, by poor refreeing from the match officials, and one should not forget in a hurry how they lost narrowly to France in the final match of Euro 2000, given the chance I would've given the Italians the cup, especially after that solid defensive display gainst the Netherlands, in the last world cup they had their own fair share of luck, but I tell you they were the best team in Germany. The match against Scotland, I think it was down to sheer experince, they desrved the victory. Thats football, what goes around comes around.
Re: Is God An Italian? by texbiano(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2007
Hi Kaydee, thanks for your comments but u didn't have to end it with an unkind word. I only expressed my views, thats all. Lets try to be a little more civil, shall we?
Re: Is God An Italian? by cooljoe(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2007
texbiano:

Hi Kaydee, thanks for your comments but u didn't have to end it with an unkind word. I only expressed my views, thats all. Lets try to be a little more civil, shall we?
Don't worry, am sure Kaydee didn't meant it that way.
Re: Is God An Italian? by iniowei: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2007
And what if God is an Italian, they've earned it, after all the vatican is in ITALY. Come on Azuuris lets win Euro 2008.
Re: Is God An Italian? by hustler(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2007
No side on this earth is as tactically disciplined as the italian side.

Scotland did all the running but they did the scoring.

The technical ability of their players is so amazing. They are so technically gifted and i think by now everyone knows the best coaches come from Italy.
Re: Is God An Italian? by kaydee(m): 1:22am On Dec 04, 2007
cooljoe:

Don't worry, am sure Kaydee didn't meant it that way.

yeah! Thanks! I really don't mean it that way

texbiano:

Ma Bad! I waz just kidding,i really feel like the senseless one with ur reply.It's all good and this topic is interesting.
Re: Is God An Italian? by delewu: 1:56am On Dec 04, 2007
kaydee:

yeah! Thanks! I really don't mean it that way

Ma Bad! I waz just kidding,i really feel like the senseless one with your reply.It's all good and this topic is interesting.

You are yet to apologise for your rudeness
Re: Is God An Italian? by McOmo(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2007
Delewu . . .hope u aint blind ? u c pple being civil and u want to instigate ruckus ?
Re: Is God An Italian? by davidif: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2007
Yes, stuff like this happens, i've a friend from Bosnia and he says refs usually favor the bigger teams over the smaller especially in qualifying tournaments when they are not under the microscope. But lets not forget that Italy was also on the recieving in south korea/Japan 2002.
Re: Is God An Italian? by gabrielgb: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
@texbiano

to start with all Italy needed from that game was a draw. France would have been at the receiving end. it looks like you dont remember WC2002 and how the Azzurris lost that game.

Besides in that match De Natalie scored a goal that was disallowed for no goog reason.
Re: Is God An Italian? by folahann(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
That is football for you

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Govt Letter To Fifa Pulling Nigeria Out of International Matches(pix) / Origins Of The Vuvuzela ! / 5 Things Real Madrid Must Do To Overcome Dortmund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.