Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Amazing African Online Game! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Amazing African Online Game! (1473 Views)

What Is Ur Best Online Game / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Game / Which Online Game Are You Playing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing African Online Game! by dotna(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2012
MALIYO Games is a Nigerian company, which shares the experiences of everyday Africans with a global audience through games. MALIYO creates casual browser games with African Themes, Narratives, Environments, Characters and Sound. Operating out of Co-creation Hub, MALIYO is pioneering casual gaming, designed to be localised, fun, engaging and entertaining. With titles such as Okada Ride, Aboki, Kidnapped, and Mosquitoes Smasher, MALIYA Games captures the culture and humour African are known for. The content is rich and allows consumers to embed and share the experience with friends within Facebook, Google+, websites and other social media platforms.
For May's Edition of Developers Parapo, CcHUB is transforming into a Game Arcade and invites you to a product experience session on May 31, 2012 at 5.30pm.
To register click on the link below
Date: Thursday, 31st May 2012

Time: 5.30pm - 8.30pm
Venue: Co-Creation Hub, 6th Floor, 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo, Yaba
Register here: 
http://maydevpar.eventbrite.com. You can play the game right now! Class fight can be played on the link http://commonmode.co.uk/maliyo/class-fight.html

I would love to hear your comments about "class fight"

Re: Amazing African Online Game! by NSoul: 8:15pm On May 31, 2012
Couldn't make the CCHub Event today unfortunately, even though i Did register on Eventbrite. Hm, How sad.

First thought that comes to my mind when i look at your company logo is "a Zynga for Nigeria"; in essence you guys trying to emulate the success of Zynga in the casual/social online space but with an African type of feel and backstory.
It's good but you guys should be abit careful using that philosophy.
The games don't feel to me so original, more like very typical casual game design mechanics slapped together with interesting (though stereotypic) 'africanized' character designs. Good, but i believe you guys can do better. I'm aware of the Teams pedigree with regards to social game development.

Well, From the overall feel of your games it seems you guys are really just trying to 'test waters' to see if your kind of games will be appealing ( i guess that's why it's in "Beta" ). It's clearly reflected in your approach to the game design.

About "Class Fight", haven't played it too extensively yet, but you might wanna add other kinds of voice-over for when the characters get hit, instead of the same single repeated voice-over (it gets kinda annoying after a few play sessions).
Re: Amazing African Online Game! by dotna(m): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
Thanks for the input bro. Criticisms, comments and encouragement are ways to improve products. Hope you'll play "class fight" and the other games we have and tell us more on what you think.
Re: Amazing African Online Game! by dotna(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
Hope you guys enjoyed playing class fight!! All games are now available at www.maliyo.com
Hope to hear your reviews
Re: Amazing African Online Game! by NSoul: 5:04am On Jun 02, 2012
do you guys have a gaming roadmap for your company ?
Re: Amazing African Online Game! by NSoul: 6:03am On Jun 02, 2012
Just tried your 'Aboki game'. I don't intend to do any comprehensive reviews on any of your games yet.
On first look of the Aboki game, i think you guys need to make more refinement of your games. As you can see from the screenshot - why the heck are the electricity pole wires extending off the main viewport ??
The audio isn't catchy at all - sounds like a continuous loop of a sound that doesn't really fit well with the game.

I really think you guys need to do more work on this game. Using the community to playtest your games might seem okay to you, but it won't sit well with avid gamers if the quality of the game is in question. Haven't said anything about the game mechanics itself (as i don't intend doing a review or the sort). The games overall feel abit 'too' simple in design - like something developers(one for game-art and the other for game-coding) did over a weekend or probably some neighbourhood game-jam event.
And so, I'm curious to know if your company has built any other games besides the ones currently on the Maliyo site ?

Re: Amazing African Online Game! by NSoul: 6:11am On Jun 02, 2012
The games feel like your trying to give tech Demos of a 2D game framework your using or something less, Needless to say, you guys really need to step-up the quality of your games seriously.

(1) (Reply)

Error Code (c2-12828-1) On Fifa Football For Vita / Harry Potter 7 Official Mobile Game! Click Here! / I Need Xbox 360 NTSC Pirated Cds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.