Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Child Molestation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Molestation (3161 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / Child Molestation - I Was Molested Twice As A Kid / African Child Molestation- 8 Year-old Boy Marries 61-year-old Woman With Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Molestation by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 31, 2012
I would like for us to share our thoughts on this matter that's going alarmingly out of control. Its happening around all around us.
Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 31, 2012
Educate your children about these things

Its not original though, copied it from another thread, but I think it will help in our quest to curb child molestation.

*Warn your Girl child never to sit on anyone’s laps no matter the situation including Uncles.

*Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2years old. Learn to excuse yourself.

*If you have to hire a house-help please kindly take them for HIV screening to determine their HIV status, properly interview them and make up your mind to treat them well.

*Never allow any adult refer to your new born as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’.

*Never tempt your husband with your younger sister.

*Avoid unnecessary familiarity and make sure you take care of your husband by yourself lest you lead him into temptation.

*Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they played together because young people now sexually abuse themselves.

*Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.

*Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you might need to patiently ask a lot of questions from your child If you don’t teach your children about sex the society will teach them the wrong values.

*It is always advisable you go through any new material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves.

*Teach your 3year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you.

*Blacklist some materials you think could threaten the sanity of your child (that includes music, movies and musicians) and let them understand the value of standing out of the crowd.

*Once your child complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them!

6 Likes

Re: Child Molestation by ajufinz(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2012
Congrat Dear!
U went tru a sad xperience that can damage a child forever. It's an evil happening to both boyz and girls, by both Teachers and students alike.
God didn't allow U to be messd up than it went so U can stop this evil from happenin to more kidz....
How can this be, start for ur home, street, Church or mosque, schools around u, u understand hw it feels to be there, get educational and resource material online or from NGOs. Help kidz to speak out and stop this perverts....
Bravo to u all who have been tru this, u're suvivals.
Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 01, 2012
Two weeks ago around okota, a man in his late thirties kidnapped two primary school kids under the age of ten and kept them locked up in his house for a week during which he had sex with both of them. In all the frenzy, there was no talk or plan for treating this girls for possible infection least of all for counselling. I can't help but wonder, why little girls. What's d attraction?
Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
Guys please let's not loose focus. I seek a way to help these children and we all need to help because we all have kids around us.
Re: Child Molestation by bittyend(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
Who let the pedos out??

With the rate pedos from US and Europe are moving to Africa, I guess this is just the beginning. sad sad sad

Hide your kids! sad
Re: Child Molestation by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:10am On Jun 02, 2012
idprincess: Guys please let's not loose focus. I seek a way to help these children and we all need to help because we all have kids around us.

You have acted maturely more than i expected

and now i will unleash 1000 ways we can help them.

First is to let them understand the kind of environment and the world that we live in.
Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 02, 2012
I will kill anybody who sexually harass my children, not even only my children, but my siblings too.

I believe that somebody said what was on my mind, the best thing to do is to educate them. But then, where do we draw the line with this education? When are we sure that they're able to understand the boundaries of proper and improper when it comes t sex?

I feel sorry for what you went through.
Re: Child Molestation by mutter(f): 11:08am On Jun 02, 2012
I do not think it is wrong to UnCloth in front of kids. However not getting totally undressed especially the opposite sex. My kids still see me half dressed and I guess that when I breast feed the see my breast. I also think it is important for kids o see their parents being close. Hugging and kissing but then it should be more like tender gestures and not erotic. However parents should not make love when their kids are there not even if they think they are sleeping.
I also think one should avoid keeping househelps, relations and friends at home. It should be reduced to necessity and kids should never be left at home alone with them.

Sexual abuse has been going on for years but it has always been protected by physical abuse. It is the fear of parents that makes kids go on bearing the torment without disclosing it to their parents. I know that as a child growing up allot of kids were victims but fear of punishment from the parents would not let them speak out. Then it was not uncommon to even have parents rub pepper into the private parts of little girls who were accused of having any such contact. It was irrelevant if that the child was a victim.
Even today there is still so much fear of the disgrace and humiliation that many victims just suffer in silence.
Another big huddle is realising that you were a victim and that you had no fault and that anyone who abuses a child is a mean criminal that does not deserve to be let loose among humans.

I was a victim as a child myself and in my case it was a nanny!!! My parents had travelled and left me alone with her. Today i do not blame my parents for the first day it happened, but if I did not have so much fear of them i would have been able to speak out and stop the abuse.

1 Like

Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
Worse still is that molested kids in turn abuse younger ones. When sexual urges have been awakened in them, they seek to satisfy it through being intimate with other kids.
Re: Child Molestation by ajufinz(m): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
idprincess: Two weeks ago around okota, a man in his late thirties kidnapped two primary school kids under the age of ten and kept them locked up in his house for a week during which he had sex with both of them. In all the frenzy, there was no talk or plan for treating this girls for possible infection least of all for counselling. I can't help but wonder, why little girls. What's d attraction?

It's a delibrate attempt by the forces of darkness to destory the society and it's only easy to target the future: 'baby galz'.
Sexualized media depicts women as sex objects, so any man who has been mind twisted in these direction looks for wat to penetrate. The easiest thing to unleash this act on is the most vulnerable 'vagina', and its happens to be that of babies.
Sadly, These perverts see vagina, there don't see baby galz....
Let speak up letz stop this wickedness nw!
Re: Child Molestation by ajufinz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I will kill anybody who sexually harass my children, not even only my children, but my siblings too.

I believe that somebody said what was on my mind, the best thing to do is to educate them. But then, where do we draw the line with this education? When are we sure that they're able to understand the boundaries of proper and improper when it comes t sex?

I feel sorry for what you went through.

I feel ur pulse dear, bt no b by musles ooooo.
Life saving skills is an age appropriate tool for children and adolescents. There are accessible at Unicef and child focus NGOs.
I wish those who have once molested kidz, come up here say somefin....
Re: Child Molestation by sophy09: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2012
It is usually people in the place of trust that molest children. The world is full of evil people and it is left to parents to teach their children. In today's world most parent do not have time for their children. They are busy with work. Parent comes back from work and is too tired to talk or listen to their child. It starts by talking to your child letting your child know the difference between a vagina and a penis. Some kids do not know the impact of what is done until they become adult. I remember a house-help we had that was always handling my brother. I was 5 years old. I never knew it was bad, he says p-r-i-c-k and we start to laugh including my brother who was 3 years old at the time.

Another thing is parent not believing in the children. A friend of mine was molested by her uncle. She told her parent but no-one believed her. For me I believe you should let a child call each and everyone by their names. Either uncle max or uncle chima. Some kids call everyone uncle/aunty and at the end of the day, the story is that the child is confused and don't know what he or she is saying.

Everyone need to be on the look out and justice should be served on child molesters. The best justice is cutting off their penis with that the know the pain and damage they did to a little's girls future.

1 Like

Re: Child Molestation by mutter(f): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2012
Sophy that tip about calling everyone by their names is super. My younger kids tend to say just Aunty an Uncle. I shall watch out for that as from today.
Thanks for the super tip kiss

1 Like

Re: Child Molestation by Caracta(f): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
A 9-year-old girl i was closed to, once approached me and told me how she was constantly molested by an uncle. Her parents travelled and she was alone with the man. She endured the molestation until her vag*na got sore. That was why she came to me.

When her parents came back, i encouraged her to tell them, because i was also young and scared then. Her parents didn't believe her. The next thing i heard was that she was taken to the church for deliverance from familiar spirits.
Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
Caracta: A 9-year-old girl i was closed to, once approached me and told me how she was constantly molested by an uncle. Her parents traveled and she was alone with the man. She endured the molestation until her vag.ina got sore. That was why she came to me.

When her parents came back, i encouraged her to tell them, because i was also young and scared then. Her parents didn't believe her. The next thing i heard was that she was taken to the church for deliverance from familiar spirits.
That's terrible. i never spoke up either. in my own case i lived with guardians and i was too scared to tell them believing if i ignored it the problem would go away on its own.
Re: Child Molestation by cdee(f): 4:23am On Mar 01, 2013
This is not a laughing issue. Honest , we all need to be reminded of what we went through and so protect the new generation. Most mothers of today concentrate on their job seriously and spend little time with their children because d money is so important. Pls let watch over our kids. U can even take dem for medical checkup onece in a while because not all children will talk.
Also an abused child should be treated with love, not disgust plssSs

Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2013
cdee: This is not a laughing issue. Honest , we all need to be reminded of what we went through and so protect the new generation. Most mothers of today concentrate on their job seriously and spend little time with their children because d money is so important. Pls let watch over our kids. U can even take dem for medical checkup onece in a while because not all children will talk.
Also an abused child should be treated with love, not disgust plssSs

My dear the statistics are higher than that,out of the 8ladies that are very close to me,7 have admitted to being sexually molested as kids,One by a nanny,the other by their driver,another by an uncle,the fifth lady was molested by a step uncle,the sixth by her cousin and the last by their apprentice.Its really that bad,the penalty for such should be Amputation of both arms!!Don't know what to make out this horrible practise.

1 Like

Re: Child Molestation by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bringing us back to my question; using entertainment as a medium, how can we help?

(1) (Reply)

Mother Gushes As She Shares Lovely Pictures Of Her Dark-skinned Baby Boy / Meet The Man Michelle Obama Could Have Gotten Married To. Must Read! / A Thread To Locate Friends And Families That We Have Lost Contact With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.