Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How To Start A Poultry Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Poultry Farm (908 Views)

I Am Running A Poultry At A Loss. I Need Help! Please, Someone Should Reply. / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Poultry Farm by etunoman76(m): 10:16pm On May 31, 2012
I have about N500,000 and i am thinking of going into poultry farming and i'll really appreciate some advice in here
Re: How To Start A Poultry Farm by knowledge4(m): 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
First things first, before you set up a poultry farm, get educated about what it takes to do the business
The business is sensitive though lucrative but you make money only when you do things right in the business
There are many variables to consider before starting the business, to get it right.
You have N500,000.00 for set up. A part of it is for fixed assets (farm structures),the other part is for the operating costs.
There are structures to set up such as the chicken pen. The size of the chicken pen is determined by the number of chickens that will occupy it. Cost of constructing chicken pens vary depending on design, location and quality of building materials.
2ndly, the number of chickens is determined by their floor space requirements to prevent overcrowding which is a hazard
3rdly, the number of chickens is determined by your budget

Are you starting with layers chickens, broiler chickens or cockerel chickens?
If layers chickens, how many can you set up that the operating cost budget can cater for?
If broilers, how many can you start with? Is there a market for broilers in that locality?
If cockerels, how many can you set up with?
Whether layers, broilers or cockerels, you can determine the number to start with by working out their feeding costs and other associated costs before set up.
To be updated

(1) (Reply)

apple dicing machine onion peeling dicing slicing equipment Razorfish / A Big Farm For Sale At Abeokuta / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.