Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome (827 Views)

Guidelines For The Development Of Properties In Lagos State (1) / Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome / Looking 4 a fast place to meet your customers then you are welcome!!Click Here!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome by parker2010: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
please i need urgent help.i am based abroad and wants to build a two bedroom room sets of 2 units in Abuja Nigeria for commercial purposes. i have been given a terrible quote and i think it is very expensive.
below are the list i was given by by messi man. the land in 100 by 60.i want to start little by little, as i understand building a house is not a day job
. 1.7million that was the total i was given by by messi/achitech
what i need from foundation to DPC level?
how many cements?
how many trip of sharp sand?
how many trip of chipping?
iron or rod, what quantity?
9 inches blocks, how many for foundation to DPC klevel ?
what is the current price of cement today?
how much is labour? ,
that will include carpenter, iron bender, bricklayer,digger etc.
pls i need help[/color][color=#006600][/color] I HAVE THE PAPER QUOTATION INCASE SOMEBODY WANTS TO SEE THE ACTUAL QUATE FROM MY MESSI MAN/ARCHTECH
Re: Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome by diordaves(m): 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
Why not seek the services of a Quantity Surveyor? A Quantity Surveyor will give you all you asked for in a Bill of Quantity (BS). If your architect will act as your project manager (builder) don't give him the BQ service to handle since you are based abroad, there is a present danger of your architect inflating the bill of quantity. A Quantity Surveyor should not cost so much as to make you to seek such detailed information on a broad and wide forum like this. For your peace of mind seek a Quantity Surveyor. This will save you loads of money and hypertension.

What is 1.7 million for?

just to help streamline you on building, stuff that determine cost are:

Size of project: The bigger the footprint, the costlier

Complexities of Design: The simpler the architectural design, the cheaper the cost of execution

Nearness to Resources: The farther your site from resources (human, materials) the more expensive

Nature of Land: The flatter the land, the cheaper the cost of execution (sloppy,clayey soil, swampy soil, refuse dump are expensive to build)

Availability of water: See closeness to resources

Community Youths: Omoniles and area boys; and

planning your cash-flow to sync with the pace of your project: Starting out at a break-neck speed, only to abandon it for a long time is more expensive than a steady pace with minimal long breaks.

Hope this helps
Re: Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome by parker2010: 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
brother thanks for your feed back. The problem i have is difficult to trust people. i have been a victim many times , and i am keen with life in general this guys think we pluck money from trees . the 1.7 million was just foundation to DPC LEVEL. i told him i want to start step until full completion as financial resources are not available as i earn cash on salary bases.
The land is in KUBA .surface last time i travel is even, dry land.
the design is a simple design and quality is my name bros that a joke. i will embark on a surveyor as advise.
please i attach the actual quation sheet so you can have a clear understanding from my point of view.
may LORD BLESS YOU.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome by parker2010: 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
this is the quotation bill of my messi.

Re: Hi Guys, I Need Help And Guidelines. Please Any Contribution Are Welcome by diordaves(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
Unfortunately I can't read the attached document. Without knowing the measurement of your project and the design, one will be hard pressed to second or otherwise a 1.7 million price tag. Am currently executing same design (two wings, two bedroom) for my madam in her town, Asaba Delta State. To DPC level with German Floor, including floating the concrete floor is under 1.2 million. So 1.7 million MAY not be far fetched. Also note that my foundation is just three courses high. Some builders due to the topography may go for a four course high foundation which will be more expensive to sand fill. Again, my civil/structural drawing is without columns, so I have no need for rods during foundation, making it cheaper. Some folks will always use columns even when building bungalows adding to cost. Also note that am not using expensive granite, but local specific kind of rock chippings far cheaper than granite. Its little intricacies like these that impact cost differential. So if I say my foundation is 1.1 million and somebody gave you an estimate of 1.7 million, don't rush to fraud. look for intricacies, but no DULLING O!

If you could type out the quote given you, please do so. This will help in putting a realistic value to the quantity of materials quoted.

(1) (Reply)

To LET! Properties to let. / mmkk / 35-rooms Student Hostel (all En-suite)for Sale-ogbomoso-ptnl Properties By PTNL:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.