Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Do I Develop Myself Career-wise? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Develop Myself Career-wise? (1850 Views)

Career Wise / Oyo-Ita To Civil Servants: Develop Computer Skills Or Forfeit Promotions / Next Year Must Be Better Career-wise For Us! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Develop Myself Career-wise? by 2sexy(m): 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
Hello, folks.

Its no news that most people leave school, go for NYSC but know little about how to develop themselves to boost their CV and job prospecting. However, I believe this thread will help a lot of people if given front page exposure or the lunching pad to off.

I will use myself as an example.

In less than 2months time, I will be graduating and leaving with HND Cert. as a petroleum engineering student and hopefully, I will serve my country as a youth coper.

Apart from having HND cert, how do I develop myself career-wise so as to boost my job prospecting? Whatelse can I add to my CV?

I have heard people talk about short courses/ certificate but I honestly do not know which one to acquire that may be relevant to my field of study. Recently, I found out that software are used during drilling operation, completion,production operation and I will like to know the names and what the are used for.

I still feel that there's room for improvement and I don't want to leave any stone un-turned.

For instance, I studied mineral resources at OND level, though I chose petroleum engineering( you how they do it in Naija). At HND, I am studying petroleum engineering and most times, lecturer often assume that we all studied petroleum engineering at OND and this further makes it difficult to comprehend certain things. My grades meets the basic requirement for employment, but I still feel incomplete when compared to my colleagues who studied petroleum engineering at OND level. I will appreciate anyone that could assist me with audio visuals, ebooks, software which I can use to build or develop myself from ground up.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Develop Myself Career-wise? by economia: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2012
i expect nairalander 2 contribute 2 dis post
Re: How Do I Develop Myself Career-wise? by inspirenet: 9:34am On Jun 08, 2012
You can opt for project management courses. Its quite relevant.
Re: How Do I Develop Myself Career-wise? by 2sexy(m): 9:55am On Jun 09, 2012
That's what I thought guys... But anyway, this is Naija.

(1) (Reply)

Learn In This Seminar How To Overcome Stage Fright And Speak Well In Public / Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 / Study Abroad China In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.