Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,747 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched (37531 Views)

The 5 Best And Famous-Brand MTK Android Phones Launched Towards The End Of 2015 / Problem Downloading Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 210 Dual Sim / Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2012
mjconcept:
Symbian is an operating system,
providing the native software
platform of the phone. Java is an
virtual machine powered
application framework that runs
on top of the operating system
and, at least in theory, allows
developers to design applications
that can run on any machine,
irrespective of the underlying OS.
An application written directly for
the OS (be it Windows or
Symbian) is faster and more
powerful (access to more low
level features) but will only run
on the system for which it was
designed. A Java application is
slower, more limited in features
and, despite of the initial
promise, will not run on too
many systems either.
Symbian phones are more
preferable to java phones
because of so many reasons.
Most symbian phones has inbuilt
gps (global positioning system)
in them that help's u find ur way
and java phones don't. Java
phones can only receive .jar
and .jad while symbian phones
can recieve .jar, .jad & .sis .
Symbian phones have lager
screens than java phones. So
symbian phones are the best.
In your own words, what is the difference between a java & symbian enabled device.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
civac: Another models for nigerian market.why s40 platform?
That's the only platform you can get from Nokia for that price range.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
phemi3: Apart from the 1000mhz proccessor speed (nokia 306) which is a big plus 4d phone. It has low quality product as 4me. Things like:
Low pixel densitiy screen, below 180ppi (155 ppi)
Slow data means slow Internet browsing (EDGE, GPRS)
Low resolution display (240 x 400 pixels
Resistive touchscreen technology means its
display is less sensitive than you would like it to be
Lacks global positioning system (GPS)
Too little RAM memory (32 MB RAM)
Low-resolution camera (2 megapixels) The camera lacks autofocus Lacks an ambient light sensor for automatic screen brightness adjustment
Lacks a proximity sensor that turns the display оff during a phone call Device
For that price, u don't expect the best. Besides, the specs for the 311 is still fair...and i think that's the only one with a capacitive screen.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
I thought the latest Nokia models are supposed to be running on microsoft Os.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
Brand_new: I thought the latest Nokia models are supposed to be running on microsoft Os.
Yes they are, but the asha range is a low end smartphone...Not every consumer can afford the Lumia range.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
phemi3: Apart from the 1000mhz proccessor speed (nokia 306) which is a big plus 4d phone. It has low quality product as 4me. Things like:
Low-resolution camera (2 megapixels) The camera lacks autofocus Lacks an ambient light sensor for automatic screen brightness adjustment

The asha 311 has 3G, capacitive touchscreen, 128mb ram, 3.2mp camera, proximity sensor and the java os is an upgrade to d old java we are used to. And look! It also has usb-on-the-go(which means u can connect ur flash directly to it and transfer files). What else do u want in a LOW-BUDGET fone?

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

The asha 311 has 3G, capacitive touchscreen, 128mb ram, 3.2mp camera, proximity sensor and the java os is an upgrade to d old java we are used to. And look! It also has usb-on-the-go(which means u can connect ur flash directly to it and transfer files). What else do u want in a LOW-BUDGET fone?
You are talking as if you 'd already bought one. SMH.
What a pity.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
What a pity.
Haba, he was just responding to the specs sheet..you don't need to own a phone to know what it does. The specifications are available online, even for yet to be released phones.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
zibitu: what is the difference btw a symbian phone and a java phone
Java phones can only accept java enabled or supported applications, while symbian phones can accept both java and symbian enabled apps.
Symbians have more RAM memory which make it faster and more powerful than Java phones.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Phrankin(m): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
So with all these features, how much would you like it to cost?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
What a pity.

Man, u're talkin like an illiterate. What is google there 4? Do u expect me to own it b4 i knw wat it does? U make research man! U should pity urself.
Btw, d fones are nt yet available 4 sale.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
oayombo: Haba, he was just responding to the specs sheet..you don't need to own a phone to know what it does. The specifications are available online, even for yet to be released phones.
Coming to your fellow java phone user's aid, abi? Stop defending your actions by reeling out the merits, then backing it up by saying you read it from the web.
Just admit that you bought one thinking it's S60 phones only to discover it's a mere java. And now consoling yourselves by pointing out the crappy merits!
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Man, u're talkin like an illiterate. What is google there 4? Do u expect me to own it b4 i knw wat it does? U make research man! U should pity urself.
Btw, d fones are nt yet available 4 sale.
My comment above applys to you as well.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by cantell(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
Coming to your fellow java phone user's aid, abi? Stop defending your actions by reeling out the merits, then backing it up by saying you read it from the web.
Just admit that you bought one thinking it's S60 phones only to discover it's a mere java. And now consoling yourselves by pointing out the crappy merits!
Bro, you just goofed and here you're trying to turn it around to feel better about yourself.
He doesn't need to own the phone to know what it does, period!
You can always accept your mistake or keep living in denial. grin
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
The phones have only being announced, that means they aren't available for shipping yet. I'm sure you don't understand what a low end smartphone means. Be informed

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2012
oayombo: The phones have only being announced, that means they aren't available for shipping yet. I'm sure you don't understand what a low end smartphone means. Be informed
Ouch! That's a low blow.
Sure, I do. Go to any place that sell mobile phones, you will find scores of them. One thing they all have in common is the touch screen capability. They are also very cheap. And one other thing; they are mostly manufactured in China.
That's what a low end smart-phone means, Bro.
Btw, before X6 which I'm currently using was made available to the market, there were already many chinese imitation being sold to unsuspecting victims. So your theory doesn't really matter in Nigeria.
The joke's on you.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
cantell:
Bro, you just goofed and here you're trying to turn it around to feel better about yourself.
He doesn't need to own the phone to know what it does, period!
You can always accept your mistake or keep living in denial. grin
Dude, I don't need to feel good about myself, because this is not a competition.
Denial? I'm not the one that bought the chinese imitation, am I?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
Ouch! That's a low blow.
Sure, I do. Go to any place that sell mobile phones, you will find scores of them. One thing they all have in common is the touch screen capability. They are also very cheap. And one other thing; they are mostly manufactured in China.
That's what a low end smart-phone means, Bro.
Btw, before X6 which I'm currently using was made available to the market, there were already many chinese imitation being sold to unsuspecting victims. So your theory doesn't really matter in Nigeria.
The joke's on you.
A low end smartphone according to u is a very cheap touchscreen device mostly made in China....lol #issokay
Are u also aware that most phones are launched in major markets first?? So it'll always take a while for u to see them in the Nigerian market. Actually, i don't get the sense you're trying to make with your posts.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
oayombo: A low end smartphone according to u is a very cheap touchscreen device mostly made in China....lol #issokay
Are u also aware that most phones are launched in major markets first?? So it'll always take a while for u to see them in the Nigerian market. Actually, i don't get the sense you're trying to make with your posts.

I wonder why u're answering him sef, he's obviously an ignoramus.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

I wonder why u're answering him sef, he's obviously an ignoramus.
Lol....just trying to educate the lad, abi?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
oayombo: A low end smartphone according to u is a very cheap touchscreen device mostly made in China....lol #issokay
Neither do I with your's. Read your post 3 times, and yet couldn't make sense out of it. It's like I'm talking A, and you are talking C!
What does being launched in major markets got to do with it being low end smartphone...? SMH.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
Neither do I with your's. Read your post 3 times, and yet couldn't make sense out of it. It's like I'm talking A, and you are talking C!
What does being launched in major markets got to do with it being low end smartphone...? SMH.
Ehya, you're confused..ok, here's what i mean in simple pidgin...dem neva begin sell d fone anywhere in the world..not even the imitation, so it's not possible for me to have bought it. Lol
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
oayombo: Lol....just trying to educate the lad, abi?
Educating your self, you meant. Do you realise your post look absurd with that pointless ''lol''. Goes to show how delusional you are.
Anyways, I'm done replying to your post as I 'd already made my point.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Walexz02(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
NokiaAshaor nokia java? I wonder y nokia is still producing java phones

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
I wonder why Nokia keeps making all these s40 devices, don't they have enough of them already? The C5-04, C5-05 & C5-06 fall within the same price range and they have better specs, running on the s60 rel.5 platform.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by cuteprinz(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
Fabulous1: pls nairalanders my nokia 500 runs very fast finishing all my mega bytes even wen i close all application all my credit finish, even wen am not browsin, pls i need help

What is "MEGA BYTES"?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by phemi3: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
Phrankin: So with all these features, how much would you like it to cost?
Fair price; it should not go more than N15,000. It dosen't minimize applications; whereas u cnt open more than 1 application; xpect playin music n .....! Still a nice phone thou!
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by phemi3: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
cuteprinz:
What is "MEGA BYTES"?
Means Internet subcribtion; It's calculated in megabyte (10mb).
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by EvilBrain1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2012
It's super cheap smartphones like these that are going to be Nokia's salvation. And make no mistake, these are smartphones. They are full touch, run apps (even if it's just java), and can access the internet. If these aren't smartphones then neither was the original iphone.

If Nokia can deliver on their promise of porting Qt to s40, then they'll inherit most of the Qt symbian and meego apps and Nokia will have a very compelling smartphone platform at a price nobody can match.

These phones are going to sell like crazy.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
Evil Brain: It's super cheap smartphones like these that are going to be Nokia's salvation. And make no mistake, these are smartphones. They are full touch, run apps (even if it's just java), and can access the internet. If these aren't smartphones then neither was the original iphone.

If Nokia can deliver on their promise of porting Qt to s40, then they'll inherit most of the Qt symbian and meego apps and Nokia will have a very compelling smartphone platform at a price nobody can match.

These phones are going to sell like crazy.

Yes bro, apps developed with Qt are the best, they have very nice UI. If nokia can actually port Qt to their s40s, they're really gonna make gain.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Judeoxide(m): 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
way to go bro,, realy java is not my type even if its 5k i wount spend a dime on it...and who wants to compare java nd andriod??funny...android is even beter than symbian
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
Judeoxide: way to go bro,, realy java is not my type even if its 5k i wount spend a dime on it...and who wants to compare java nd andriod??funny...android is even beter than symbian
Nobody here is comparing one operating system with another. The issue is the Asha range of touchscreens just announced.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN SIM Registration Again! / Apple Fans Around The World Finally Get The Iphone 6 (PICTURES) / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.