Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigeria: Crash Probe - Trust Me, Firm Action Will Be Taken - Jonathan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria: Crash Probe - Trust Me, Firm Action Will Be Taken - Jonathan (603 Views)

OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious / Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. / Moderators Please This Offensive Picture Needs To Be Taken Off Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Crash Probe - Trust Me, Firm Action Will Be Taken - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Honestly i will say that i am tired of reading news. One quick question: Are these committee members getting paid? and how much is there salary? or when are they going to finish their investigation. in my own opinion, when you spend money on every thing in Nigeria, then the problem will continue. There are somethings that can be done for FREE!!!!

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday urged Nigerians to trust him, saying that firm decisions would be taken over the Dana Air plane crash in Lagos on Sunday, just as he set up a 10-man presidential administrative and technical committee [/b]to investigate the remote cause of the crash which claimed over [b]200 lives.

President Jonathan said he had directed that the fullest possible investigation be conducted into the remote and immediate causes of the Dana crash.

Jonathan, who was dressed in black attire and a black cap to match signed the condolence register opened for the victims of the air crash, alongside his ministers who were all wearing black attire to mark the three days' mourning period which ended yesterday.

He said the investigation must be done "with a view to ensuring that the proper lessons are learnt from it, and that, going forward, every necessary measure is effectively implemented to enhance the safety of air travellers in Nigeria".

He also directed that tariffs and other taxes as they relate to the aviation industry should be scrutinised to come up with recommendations as to where the federal government can further assist the sector.

The president said, "While the official mourning period ends today, no one can doubt that the pain and anguish of the shocking, sudden and unexpected loss of highly valued lives in that horrendous plane crash will remain with us all long after this day has ended.

"My heart goes out to the immediate families of all the Nigerian and foreign victims of the crash. We continue to pray that God Almighty will grant them divine solace and consolation. I have directed that the fullest possible investigation be undertaken into the remote and immediate causes of the crash with a view to ensuring that the proper lessons are learnt from it, and that, going forward, every necessary measure is effectively implemented to enhance the safety of air travellers in Nigeria.

"In addition to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)/Federal Ministry of Aviation Committee on the strengthening of the financial stability and growth of domestic airlines, I have also directed the coordinating minister of the economy/minister of finance, the minister of trade and investment, the governor of the Central Bank, and the chief economic adviser to the president to further look into our tariffs and other taxes as they relate to the aviation industry and come up with recommendations as to where we can further assist the sector."

Source
http://allafrica.com/stories/201206070334.html

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Online Money-making Writing / The Cabalization Of The Nba Must Stop Now Read More: Http://www.chidoonumah.com / d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.