Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians (15564 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Airtel Is At It Again. Free Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by tintingz(m): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Omo Airtel min business wit dere adverts oh, make GEJ rename Airtel company sef
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by waters2012: 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
Dem dey force una to use Airtel ? Never seen any thing good with that network.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by CosmicJames(m): 1:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
You guys should stop conplaining. Dt is Naija 4 us. The government does not care or protect her citizens making Naija a no man land where anybody can com n do as they like.
Is is only text messages dt u guys see? How about poor quality calls yet u r fully charged, how about poor internet service, yet we r being over-charge? U name them. At least by now u guys should hv understand d kind of country we hv n stop complaining cos no body cares.
As 4 me, I'm gettin use to all d network nonesense
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Reptyle(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
Y'all are just making a mountain out of a mole hill...like seriously!!! Networks all over the world send text messages to sensitize their subscribers about new offerings, breaking news, weather, traffic updates, etc. it isn't peculiar to networks in Nigeria.

Besides, these messages are pushed out in batches because pushing them out as frequently as y'all claim you receive it will create unnecessary network congestion. While I agree that it could be a nuisance sometimes, its really not as big a deal as y'all make it sound.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ogaemma: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
Indians at it again. Indians will never stop bombarding us with thier plan crash & text messages to disturb our sleep. Infact, Indian must go!
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by holymike47(m): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2012
I thought texting "STOP" to 3030 will end the various spam from Airtel. I just did, i got an instant spam again saying:
"send FREE to
3030 and enter
tonight's draw
for N1,000,000
cash from Airtel!
After first week,
N100 daily".

I am really tired of Airtel, its so annoying. At least subscribers should be given an option to stop or unsubscribe from spam messages as it is usually with e-mail. Something serious has to be done about this Airtel because it is so irritating and agonizing.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by RuuDie(m): 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
holymike47: I thought texting "STOP" to 3030 will end the various spam from Airtel. I just did, i got an instant spam again saying:
"send FREE to
3030 and enter
tonight's draw
for N1,000,000
cash from Airtel!
After first week,
N100 daily".

I am really tired of Airtel, its so annoying. At least subscribers should be given an option to stop or unsubscribe from spam messages as it is usually with e-mail. Something serious has to be done about this Airtel because it is so irritating and agonizing.

Same here. . . grin
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Godkan: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
how do i get credit from mtn network. i heard that if you are short of airtime they can offer you credit and take it back when u recharge.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by SkyRider1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
mobile operator SMS torture ranking

1 Visa fone 99.2/100
2. Airtel 97/100
3. Starcomms 91/100
4. Etisalat 89.5/100
5. Glo 80/100
6. MTN 32/100
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by tulk2mi: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
i subscribe to unsubscribe all this useless deceitful networks and their adverts/promos.

if u r wit me let me hear say OH YEAH!!! grin grin

But seriously its really frustrating angry angry
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by elainemia(f): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
Brand_new: I experience the same thing and it sometimes gets on my nerves. They have also started some lottery like promos that charges 100 Naira daily for a chance to win 1 million naira. I'm sure many of their subscribers would have been tricked into it.

My hubby experienced the same thing too, he lost about 500 naira to them b4 he called there CS and stopped it.the most annoying part was that he actually thought I was the one using up the credit. It wasn't funny at all.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by basadenet: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Etisalat is the worst of all. though they all guilty of the offense as charged.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
ghost: I seem to be grossly frustrated with the way Airtel disturbs me.
Whoever set of people are in their adverts department are taking their advert methods too far,they are frustrating millions of Nigerianss everyday and most times they are responsible for making people unhappy.
Everyday I receive an average of 6 text messages fro Airtel,38297 etc, they send the same advert messages and I am tired deleting it, frustrating enough, yesterday,they sent me an advert message at 2am,waking me up and I couldn't find sleep again.
As if that's not enough, they call millions of Nigerians and when you pick,they start advertising again, numbers like 141, 07080604010 etc.
I have been calling the customer care almost everyday for the past 4 months and they keepp promising me it would stop in 2hrs,6hrs etc only for me to receive the messages again.
Please People can anyone pls help us complain to NCC.
Airtel is frustrating us with spam messages and calls, and their customer care services are completely useless.
Help us I beg.
shush...coz airtel iz d best network in nigeria....if u should complain,,thtz to mtn
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by omamofe: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
Guys let me make it care to u, I knw fine u'll say ncc is useless, but this is it, it is a parliament, u say what problem u av with ur service providers right there in front of every1 and they resolve it for u,all network providers will be there. If they chop ur credit they return it on the sport after they confirmed its true. They take all ur info. Unless u are satisfied with the reuslt they don't procedd to the next thing. Its as simple as that. Don't knw if any1 has been there b4. Ncc even gives out phone. Not 2naira phones o! @ list. If av nothing to loose if u come for the event .
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by tlops(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
na you take your money go buy disturbance..
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Revolva(m): 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Airtel is da cheapest network I ave ever come accross

As for the text ads bombardment na dem go tire sha dem no go gba me

Etisalat also do send annoyin text
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hello folks! I work as a customer solution provider with Airtel Nigeria. To address dis issue, we recently commissioned a "remedy log" for the issue. So all u need to do to stop receiving dis advert sms and;or automated calls is to simply contact the customer care on 111 Or 121 and your msisdn (mobile number) will be de-commissioned. Hope dis helps
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by deyrock(m): 12:29am On Jun 09, 2012
danderson: Frustrating Indeed. Every hour a text message. My inbox is getting filled up angry
hahahahahahahahahaha!
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by CosmicJames(m): 4:22am On Jun 09, 2012
holymike47: I thought texting "STOP" to 3030 will end the various spam from Airtel. I just did, i got an instant spam again saying:
"send FREE to
3030 and enter
tonight's draw
for N1,000,000
cash from Airtel!
After first week,
N100 daily".

Sorry, u cannot unsubscribe from serious spam message link on the internet so is the case with our network operators. They are seriously spaming us so there is going to be no option to unsubscribe otherwise, everybody will unsubscribe n d networks will have nobody to spam again. So just lean to stay with it n u ll be fine. Do u understand?
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Holyrule(m): 7:37am On Jun 09, 2012
Just reply that very number "38***" with 'STOP' and send. It wud remove you from any subscription you've made earlier. As for the call, i really dunno wat to do. I yaf tired too
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by maasoap(m): 10:32am On Jun 09, 2012
Just call this number and report any network that disturbs you, it belongs to NCC. I'm sure that the operators will call you later. 08002255622. It's free of charge.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by leyom234: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2012
I also experience a similar thing o. They send me messages till the extent that they sent me an empty message one day. I delete the messages but decided to leave the empty message. But does the short code belong to airtel? If it doesnt, then they can be sued for sharing our information with a third party organisation which actually is a breach of contract.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by soloqy: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2012
The biggest culprits are Airtel and Visafone. Visafone may even be worse than Airtel in the number of spam messages they send per week but Airtel is more dubious in the content they send out. MTN was equally as bad sometime ago but it seems they have piped down. Etisalat has reduced theirs to maybe twice a week.

I use all four lines so you can imagine how frustrating.

But Airtel is behaving like a company in distress. Theirs is tantamount to harassment and its unacceptable.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ekpongmi: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2012
[quote author=EKPONGMI) even activate some package without my consent
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by miz4oxley(m): 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
Oh, its same here. Airtel ads, crazy disturbs me, especially when I'm expecting bank alerts I feel I got it, but checking it, it becomes their ads. Lols I think I'll drop the sim soon.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by PAT4HOT(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
ghost: I seem to be grossly frustrated with the way Airtel disturbs me.
Whoever set of people are in their adverts department are taking their advert methods too far,they are frustrating millions of Nigerianss everyday and most times they are responsible for making people unhappy.
Everyday I receive an average of 6 text messages fro Airtel,38297 etc, they send the same advert messages and I am tired deleting it, frustrating enough, yesterday,they sent me an advert message at 2am,waking me up and I couldn't find sleep again.
As if that's not enough, they call millions of Nigerians and when you pick,they start advertising again, numbers like 141, 07080604010 etc.
I have been calling the customer care almost everyday for the past 4 months and they keepp promising me it would stop in 2hrs,6hrs etc only for me to receive the messages again.
Please People can anyone pls help us complain to NCC.
Airtel is frustrating us with spam messages and calls, and their customer care services are completely useless.
Help us I beg.

dem disturb pass etisalat? U've nt seen anythin yet
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Acelifted: 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
Abagworo: Never knew I had a partner. I'm considering dropping the line.

My brother, it is the same everywhere! Run away from airtel and enter fire with glo and others.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by femikay149(m): 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
tot i was d only one ...dat was being frustrated by airtel...are there no laws that protects consumers privacy....wetin NCC DEY do sef...
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by dj5naira(m): 6:46am On Jun 11, 2012
Apart from me.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2012
the new one now is one useless number that calls and plays adverts.

the calls come in like close to 20 times daily. This is frustration galore.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by sniperwolf(m): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2012
I even receive calls from strange Airtel customer service numbers. I just received one about 35mins ago from 14153, when I pick I heard the usual machine female voice
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:14am On Jun 12, 2012
anyway, I have solved the issue by blacklisting the numbers. as long as they change it, I'm also ready to block it.

thank God for smartphones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons We Love Android Devices / Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / Glo Bis On (android) What The Way Forward!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.