Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made (5673 Views)

Ankara Maternity Dress Designs & Styles For Mum-to-be / I Sell Fashionable Stuffs Online But Something Changed / How Can I Sell My Handmade Jewelries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by Emazua1: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
I sketch varieties of dress styles and designs,have been doing this for a while now and lots of encoragement and praise had been accorded to me by friends who had seen some of this designs.I wish to sell some of them but don't know how to go about this,does any1 have an idea please.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by nikkyshyne(f): 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
Pretty difficult because this is Nigeria.

Well, startin off with the internet do make a lot of sense. A blog/fb page where u cld showcase some of these designs to meet a target audience.

Who knows, you cld get ur fones beeping in a bit.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by Emazua1: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tnks.really appreciate your idea
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by omorolani(f): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hi, Just read your post.I'm a publicist and consultant for lifestyle essentials for women. Contact me on morolani@gmail.com if you are interested in working with me.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by brownusagirl(f): 6:49am On Jun 10, 2012
Emazua1: I sketch varieties of dress styles and designs,have been doing this for a while now and lots of encoragement and praise had been accorded to me by friends who had seen some of this designs.I wish to sell some of them but don't know how to go about this,does any1 have an idea please.
host a fashion show with your work. Then open an online store or regular store and invite magazines and newspapers to do an interview with you. Also start a blog.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by XtremeBase(f): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
I was also in your shoes, i sketch and design and people see my work and are pleased. I would advice you put your designs into reality, or you go to fashion houses and show them some of your designs, i mean some and not the best, because trust me the moment you walk out of that place you would see your ideas on the runway. Anyways i am fortunate to have my own workshop now, it is in the equipping stage and i would bring my designs to light. I pray God helps you out.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by Emazua1: 12:00am On Jun 11, 2012
@All,tnks so much......@omorolani,I will send u a mail.....@xtreambase I say a big amen.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by moore0501: 7:19am On Jun 12, 2012
send me a email telling me how much u want for them, how many of them u have, and send pics of them [call me at : 719-0309 so i can tell u my email] grin
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by XtremeBase(f): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2012
moore0501: send me a email telling me how much u want for them, how many of them u have, and send pics of them [call me at : 719-0309 so i can tell u my email] grin
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by moore0501: 7:19am On Jun 15, 2012
XtremeBase:

so u dont like me helping or what tongue
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by Kzeefashionaccessories: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2012
I AM CURRENTLY IN UR SHOES ALSO.I ALSO SKETCH N I MAKE HANDMADE COSTUME AND STATEMENT JEWELRIES PEOPLE WOW AT MY WORK BUT I DONT HAVE ANY MEANS TO BRING IT TO LIGHT OR MARKET THEM.ANY ADVICE WILL ALSO BE APPRECIATED.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by XtremeBase(f): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2012
moore0501:

so u dont like me helping or what tongue

On the contrary i do, my comment didnt post. I was also interested in whatever help you proferred.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by lordfavour(f): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
XtremeBase:

On the contrary i do, my comment didnt post. I was also interested in whatever help you proferred.

advise, thinking of leaving paid job for fashion, i mean tailoring and stuff, but dont know if it pays much
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by XtremeBase(f): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
lordfavour:

advise, thinking of leaving paid job for fashion, i mean tailoring and stuff, but dont know if it pays much

@Lordfavour, i cant give that advice just yet, cos i am still getting my business together and yet to start, i just know il put my all in it, i left paid job as well to start cos i had procastinated for so long. One thing i know is, people must wear clothes. Nigerians love to look good and everything boils down to your tailors and providing excellent service and always being on time. These areas are going to be my strong points, my customers must be pleased. A pleased customer is a returning customer. I hope for the best and i know in my heart i wont regret leaving paid job.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by moore0501: 5:53am On Jun 27, 2012
XtremeBase:

what do you mean
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2012
Emazua1: I sketch varieties of dress styles and designs,have been doing this for a while now and lots of encoragement and praise had been accorded to me by friends who had seen some of this designs.I wish to sell some of them but don't know how to go about this,does any1 have an idea please.
I THINK YOU SHOULD BE MORE BOTHERED ABOUT BRINGING YOUR WORKS TO LIFE JUST AS YOU HAVE IMAGINED IT.
SELLING THEM SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM AS LONG AS IT COMES OUT RIGHT.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by XtremeBase(f): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
chipmunkey:
I THINK YOU SHOULD BE MORE BOTHERED ABOUT BRINGING YOUR WORKS TO LIFE JUST AS YOU HAVE IMAGINED IT.
SELLING THEM SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM AS LONG AS IT COMES OUT RIGHT.

^ ^
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by Mcleo007(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
@op, hoping to sell fashion sketches in this part of the world is almost a pipe dream. To be honest, nobody buys sketches. You either work as a graphic designer/apprentice in a fashion house or you bring your designs to life just as someone has suggested here. I once was like you, making unbelievable sketches, creative ideas and what not; it took me no where(not saying urs won't work). Just make the effort to bring your imaginations to light.
A way to start, find a good tailor arnd you, buy your materials and give to him. Monitor that he interpretes what you give him to the product of your imaginations and Don't shy from whatever price he charges. You ± must pay your dues when venturing into any business. Fashion is no exemption. You can reach me; 07033801718, 08054527192 for some tutoring and eye-opening. I could enlighten you further.
Re: How Can I Sell Dress Designs I Made by lordfavour(f): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2012
Thanks all, will hit d nail on the head very soon, God help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Grow Longer Natural Eye Lashes / Come In To Learn Or Teach Make-up / Pleated Necktie Necklace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.