Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Abstinence- How Hard Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abstinence- How Hard Is It? (1248 Views)

Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message? / Meat Abstinence Observed By The Catholic Denomination on good fridays / Religionists: Is Abstinence Really Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by paulicoco: 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
Can someone advice me on my issue! I am not a virgin and I enjoy sex, but I have made the decision of not having a boyfriend, sexual intercourse, sexual contact or self service until I my wedding night. ?? Please how can I keep myself from temptation? (honest and mature replies pls.)
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by makdastar(f): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
try to focus your attention on other things you love to do.
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by Luka316(m): 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
@paulo coco, is a very good decision u make, but the issue is the ability stand your ground.
There are issue you most look into and find ways to overcome them before they come.
1. You see we men of now adays are always interested in sex than love, so u have to spell it out to any man u are dating from inception(u have to still stood ur ground because some of the men don't give up easly, he might agree with u but with a diferent plans).
2. Another issue is that even in Church those brothers u saw as brothers who wouldn't have time for such things as sex, some of them are very dangerious so you have to be careful on men u get close to even in church.
3. You have to make ur position public, let men u meet know were u stand in this matter(sex) and u shouldn't be ashame of it.
4. Avoid being in this same room/closet with someone you know anything can happen.
5. Pray for God to help you.

Wish all the best
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by paulicoco: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2012
@Luka316 thank u very much for ur advice. U are very right about church brothers. I have had many proposals but in the end they wanted sex. It is really going to be hard to find a god fearing man(especially here in the UK and in celestial church of christ) who is ready to wait until marriage. I am not a hypocrite and I used to practice premarital sex on a regular basis until something touched my heart and told me to stop and let God into my life on a 100 percent basis, not on the 50-70 percent basis. Also my family wants me to get married quickly, whilst I am having plans of doing my Phd and getting a good Job. Pls pray for me
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by Yornandrew: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2012
Abstain from all appearance of evil

1 Like

Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by Areaboy2(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2012
pauli coco: Can someone advice me on my issue! I am not a virgin and I enjoy sex, but I have made the decision of not having a boyfriend, sexual intercourse, sexual contact or self service until I my wedding night. ?? Please how can I keep myself from temptation? (honest and mature replies pls.)

Honestly, there is no such thing as temptation when it comes to sex (we are tempted to steal and lie, not sex). It is natural to have the urge for sex, that's why you are here to ask this question now. part of the human evolutionary trait.

If on the other hand you wana control that natural urge, hardly u can get the right advice from this place. Everyone has a different level of sexual drive and excitement in them (I cannot overemphasize this), so you need to look inwards and find the answer to your questions.
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by jmoore(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2012
For those that are still virgins it is easy. But for one that have already tasted it, it is like an an addiction. You must stick to your words on abstaining. Just praying cannot solve this, you have to work it out.
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by paulicoco: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2012
U are right, it is easier for virgins. But with God everything is possible
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by God2man(m): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2012
Luka316: @paulo coco, is a very good decision u make, but the issue is the ability stand your ground.
There are issue you most look into and find ways to overcome them before they come.
1. You see we men of now adays are always interested in sex than love, so u have to spell it out to any man u are dating from inception(u have to still stood ur ground because some of the men don't give up easly, he might agree with u but with a diferent plans).
2. Another issue is that even in Church those brothers u saw as brothers who wouldn't have time for such things as sex, some of them are very dangerious so you have to be careful on men u get close to even in church.
3. You have to make ur position public, let men u meet know were u stand in this matter(sex) and u shouldn't be ashame of it.
4. Avoid being in this same room/closet with someone you know anything can happen.

Wish all the best

Pls follow the above instructions.
I would like to mention that it has a lot to do with your mind, fill your mind with the scripture, memorize at least 20 Bible verses or more, be occupy with the things of God, Join the church workers in your local assembly, then flee from anything that will cause se.xual lust.
Lastly, engage yourself in more prayer and fasting. Pray hard.
God bless you. God2man.

2 Likes

Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by Hassan11: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
pauli coco: Can someone advice me on my issue! I am not a virgin and I enjoy sex, but I have made the decision of not having a boyfriend, sexual intercourse, sexual contact or self service until I my wedding night. ?? Please how can I keep myself from temptation? (honest and mature replies pls.)
Ur decision is very good if u really mean it. God's help is always available u jst need to be focused.
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
I understand that you have a conflict of a religious or moral.
I commented to you that the God of the Old Testament incentivized adultery and s.ex. In the New Testament, the Jewish-Christian god changed his position somewhat, but never forbidden se.x.
God has given us eyes to see, ears to hear ... se.x has its role, a role that God has given us.
I'm not talking about promiscuity, but if I'm talking about to find our happiness in life.
A man who has no se.x, besides being a sexually repressed, surely develop prostate cancer. A woman without se.x is a sexua.lly repressed and its character is variable.
You think that the self is not a sin? You think that will help?
Life causes us stress. Do not add you to their life frustrations. Be happy.
I repeat to you, I'm not talking about promiscuity, but health and inner peace.
My respects.
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 16, 2012
makdastar: try to focus your attention on other things you love to do.

Luka316: @paulo coco, is a very good decision u make, but the issue is the ability stand your ground.

Wish all the best
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by achinaboy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
just wants to know whats up with ur life now?the abstinence thing,the relationship level and ur tribe?
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by paulicoco: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
I failed 3 times every since then, but I am on it again.I have a testimony to share... I hare been delivered from a spirit husband and feel different about thhings now. I am originally from edo state
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by enilove(m): 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2013

I hope you have read my advice on ur thread@White garment churches .....

To be frank with you, don't have anything or relationship with any man,until the God that delivered you APPOINTS your husbands to you.He knows your weakness, He will give you a good husband,dont choose and do not accept any, until there is a clear instruction from God.

As long as you are into any relationship not chosen by God,the devil will use it against you.
Remenber ,it is not all those calling Lord,Lord that are Christians. Not every Pastor is will make heaven,talkless of others.

If you have failed after your deliverance to contain yourself,then quickly go for deliverance.Make sure your deliverance is complete or perfect.

The bible says in 1 Cor 6:18 -20"FLEE fornication .Every sin that a man doeth is without the body;but he that committed fornication sinneth against his or her body.What!Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost,which is in you,whuch ye have if God,& ye are not YOUR OWN?For ye are bought with a price :there4 glorify God in YOUR BODY ,& in your spirit WHICH ARE GID'S.

From the above,there are warnings for everyone that:

We should "flee" from fornication.That is; run away from men.At the appointed time .Remember Joseph,how he ran away from the wife of Potiphar.

Another point is that sin of fornication is the greatest sin of all sins.Because it is a sin against one's body.

Also,your body is not your own,but that of the God.

Lastly,for God to use you,you must receive the Holy Spirit into your life,and the Holy Spirit makes use of your body as a temple of God.

I want you to know that Jesus revealed the secret in deliverance to us that ,after a spirit is cast out,it will try to come back ,and if the spirit does not see the Spirit of God in the life of such person,he would go and invite 7 more deadly spirits than him,and the end of that person may be worse than before.May this not be your portion in Jesus name.

That your weakness must be guided by force.The devil knows everyone of us and can discern our weaknesses. The devil is not foolish.his wise, only that he can not give salvation. he will make bad suggestion to you.

Make sure you fast everyday,at least to 12 pm.
Try and attend weekly services.

Do away with your old freind who can lure you back into sin. For the bible says in 2Cor 6:14
" Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:for what felliwship hath righteousness with unrighteousnes?and what communion hath light with darkness?
Whenever the devil suggests anything immoral to you,
remember that the word of God says "I should flee from fornication and that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Always use the word of God and have a bible reading plan.You can start from Genesis and read at least 3 chapters every night b4 sleeping.

Meditate daily on the word of God,as Joshua said in Joshua 1:8 "This book of the Lord( law) shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night ,that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:FOR THEN THOU SHALL MAKE THY WAY PROSPEROUS,& THOU SHALT HAVE GOOD SUCCESS.

Always pray b4 sleeping.

4 Likes

Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by paulicoco: 7:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thank u very much, sir. I will obey the word of God. How do I know if a man is a chosen husband sir.
Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by enilove(m): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
pauli coco: Thank u very much, sir. I will obey the word of God. How do I know if a man is a chosen husband sir.

Since God just started with you,it may be by dreams.
If any man proposes to you,tell him that you will pray about it,and that until God gives you an assurance that he is the man for you,he should consider your answer as a NO.

Then pray to God about it and tell God to reveal everything concerning the brother to you. Also pray that the blood of Jesus should clear your spiritual vision.Pray for the Spirit of wisdom and knowledge.
Since Matt 7:7 says we should ask and it shall be given unto us,......So ask God in prayer and He will tell you everything ,even if it is in the dream.

You can ask your pastor to pray along with you.

2 Likes

Re: Abstinence- How Hard Is It? by achinaboy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
pauli coco: I failed 3 times every since then, but I am on it again.I have a testimony to share... I hare been delivered from a spirit husband and feel different about thhings now. I am originally from edo state
happy to hear your testimony,i`ve been away for a while,any way i could help u get a nice husband,while u are waiting on the lord,many things are involved if u are interested,i want to know your real age,where u live,what u do,then he might come from igbo,no uni degree,so think about this and get in touch whenever u want,then we will see

(1) (Reply)

Mog / Hilarious - Judge Orders Baby's Name Changed From 'messiah' / Talent - Mans Development Or Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.