Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

How Long And How Far Shld A RIGHT HAND VEHICLE Be Driven Before Being Converted? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Long And How Far Shld A RIGHT HAND VEHICLE Be Driven Before Being Converted? (626 Views)

This Room Is For Second Hand Vehicle Dealer In Ibadan / I Need To Convert A Right Hand Vehicle To Left Hand.please Can Anyone Assist Me? / Selling A Right Hand Drive Car In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long And How Far Shld A RIGHT HAND VEHICLE Be Driven Before Being Converted? by zoomzu(f): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders, my question is buttress on how long and what distance one could drive a write hand care in Nigeria because the FRSC Official does not even listen that you just clear this vehicle upon showing all the documents and having paid your duty to the purse of the Federal Government who in the first instance allow this vehicle into the country. I believe, there should be permissible period and distance this vehicle could go (intra state) before being converted. Please, what is your take on this? is there a law guiding it? Is FRSC just exploiting people?
Re: How Long And How Far Shld A RIGHT HAND VEHICLE Be Driven Before Being Converted? by USAutoBuy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
zoomzu: Fellow Nairalanders, my question is buttress on how long and what distance one could drive a write hand care in Nigeria because the FRSC Official does not even listen that you just clear this vehicle upon showing all the documents and having paid your duty to the purse of the Federal Government who in the first instance allow this vehicle into the country. I believe, there should be permissible period and distance this vehicle could go (intra state) before being converted. Please, what is your take on this? is there a law guiding it? Is FRSC just exploiting people?

Hi,

Because the vehicle is allowed in the country does not mean it can be driven. Its the responsibility of the driver to make sure that the vehicle driven is SAFE to operate on the road regardless of how long you had it.

If the FRSC exploits you, i think they have a reason (right or wrong). From safety stand point, you cannot use hand signal properly cos you are on the other side of the car. The driver behind you cannot see you. For instance if you are trying to tell the driver behind you to slow down via hand signal.

So regardless of how long the vehicle is in the country, ITS NOT SAFE TO BE OPERATED! Its like saying that a tokunbo car does not have brakes, how long can i drive it on the road?

If you wanna drag it, the FRSC will be right. So just settle for now and convert quickly.

Good luck with your new car.

Re: How Long And How Far Shld A RIGHT HAND VEHICLE Be Driven Before Being Converted? by femmy2010(m): 4:37am On Jun 12, 2012
Officially those vehicles are not suppose to come into the country at all,your clearing agent must also have induced customs operatives at the port before any RHD vehicles could ever be released by customs.
Currently,some terminers like Clarion terminals don't release RHD vehicles till the owner brings a clearance letter from the FRSC stating that provisions has been made for a pronto conversion.
Best bet is to have it driven from the port to its destination anytime from 5pm when FRSC operatives would be fewer on the road and conversion done as soon as possible.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Avallon 2004 Model / Year 2000 Skold Octavia 280k Only / -- 2007 Toyota Camry -- Leather & Alloy -- 2.4M Only For Quick Sale --

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.