Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer (1896 Views)

Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) / This Etisalat Promo is It For Real? / Any Etisalat Promo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by titilaelae(f): 11:28am On Jun 11, 2012
About 7pm yesterday I received an sms on my etisalat network viz:GET DOUBLE OF ALL YOUR RECHARGES! SEND 'ON' TO 356 NOW & START RECHARGING WITH N200 AND ABOVE FROM 6PM ON FRIDAY TO 11.59PM ON SUNDAY TO GET DOUBLE OF ALL YOUR RECHARGES. I did not see through this as a scam so I subscribed, got a confirmation sms and recharged (luckily) with only N200 (All this I did around 10pm, that was when I was able to get recharge voucher). Shortly after, I got this sms back: DEAR CUSTOMER, FOR RECHARGING N200 YOU HAVE RECIEVED AN ADDITIONAL N200 BONUS OF N200, BOTH VALID TILL 11.59PM ON SUNDAY! That was when it struck me that I might have been scammed but who would I start calling at 10pm? lipsrsealed No qualms, I thought 'dem no born them papa well to remove my N200, if them like make them wipe their bonus' Alas, this morning when I had time for them I checked my balance and behold, it was all Main Balance: 50 (which I had b4);Promo: N0.00; recharge now and get 30% bla blah

I am totally dissapointed in etisalat. I used to think they are more faithful in deliverables than mtn and airtel but Ive been proved wrong now! It's not the value of what I recharged that makes me feel bad but the fact that I was swindled by a network Ive been loyal to, the promo lines were ambigous, they should have specified the Sunday they meant. They had no right to tamper with my credit if they had to wipe off theirs, I am very very angry sad.
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by mikolo80: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
WHEN YOU REFUSE TO READ THE FINE PRINT.THATS HOW STUDENTS FAIL EXAMS
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by titilaelae(f): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2012
mikolo80: WHEN YOU REFUSE TO READ THE FINE PRINT.THATS HOW STUDENTS FAIL EXAMS

I guess you are on Etisalat's payroll and you 'eat' the money unscrupulously gotten together. Fine print or no fine print, what they did is fraudulent and criminal.
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by Funkymallam(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
titilaelae:

I guess you are on Etisalat's payroll and you 'eat' the money unscrupulously gotten together. Fine print or no fine print, what they did is fraudulent and criminal.

He is right, read instructions properly b4 u leap.
They gave d 100% recharge bonus and the recharge and bonus ends that 11:59pm.

Nxt time, try to recharge on a friday, saturday or early sunday. Gudluck
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by titilaelae(f): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
They shouldn't have sent the message to me at 7pm Sunday. And I still insist that they shouldn't have wiped off my legitimate credit, what the heck is 'promotional' in that!
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by tobeski(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
that's messed up. how can someone still come here to defend etisalat. the original text didn't say all the airtime would be cleared by Sunday. well I guess this is one of their plans to make their money back after the ncc fine. its we the consumers that'll suffer it
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by udoka2: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2012
titiaelae
no give urself headache, dont u have another network? I had similar experience about three months ago, l complained by calling the customer care line, writing mail and visiting their connect centre, still nothing was done. They were removing my money without making calls. I just abandoned the network jare, maybe when they improve l may revisit them!
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by titilaelae(f): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
Thank you jare, my brothers. I have other networks (though with their own palava lipsrsealed) and losing N200 is no big deal, I was only angered by their deceit and the way my fellow countrymen were taking sides with them.
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by chakaz(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
Etisalat is only good for data and nothing more nothing less. Every week I recharge N200 for a free 15mb and that's all. Whatever promo they are doing is not my concern.
Re: Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer by cardoso111(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
REPORT THIS TO NCC PARLIAMENT!SERIOUS

(1) (Reply)

Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! / Playstation Phones That Sony Never Made / Strongest Mobile Phone You Have Ever Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.