Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure (2545 Views)

Check This Signs To Know If You’re At High Risk Of Contracting HIV/AIDS / Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. / TIPS ON HOW TO AVOID CONTRACTING THE EBOLA VIRUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by cigie(m): 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
what are the odds of contracting HIV at a single exposure, for a man and a woman. you may express yourself in terms of percentage.
Re: Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by PrettyCindy(f): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
100% straight up. If a non carriar sleeps with a carriar without protection, the formal will contact it. There is no 2ways about it.
Re: Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by queensmith: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2012
it depends on gender and the type of sex.

I used to think it was 12% chance but the odds here are quite different. 1:1000- that virtually means 0 lol.

The odds are much higher with analsex and with transmission from male to female.

check this out
http://aids.about.com/od/hivaidsstats/f/infectionrisk.htm

1 Like

Re: Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by cigie(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
PrettyCindy: 100% straight up. If a non carriar sleeps with a carriar without protection, the formal will contact it. There is no 2ways about it.
false!
Re: Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by cigie(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
PrettyCindy: 100% straight up. If a non carriar sleeps with a carriar without protection, the formal will contact it. There is no 2ways about it.
false!
queensmith: it depends on gender and the type of sex.

I used to think it was 12% chance but the odds here are quite different. 1:1000- that virtually means 0 lol.

The odds are much higher with analsex and with transmission from male to female.

check this out
queensmith: it depends on gender and the type of sex.

check this out
now that's more like that
Re: Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by stevoskyj(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
cigie:
what are the odds of contracting HIV at a single exposure, for a man and a woman. you may express yourself in terms of percentage.

Derailing an old thread just to call you a fool @op

**finally i see you cigie**
Re: Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure by cigie(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
stevoskyj:

Derailing an old thread just to call you a fool @op

**finally i see you cigie**

Stevosky!!! I sight you

Let the stalking begin...lol

(1) (Reply)

Viewers Discretion: Baby Fighting For Life Due To Dog Bite / Causes Of Erectile Dysfuction And Remedy / Hey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.