Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) - NYSC (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) (164616 Views)

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / Prospective Batch B 2013 Corpers Big House / NYSC BATCH C 2012 Aspirants Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anitank(f): 6:00am On Jul 01, 2012
On my way to lag. Asking God for journey mercies. Bukky I see u
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by ajelerowale: 6:26am On Jul 01, 2012
on my way to markurdi
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anuz: 6:36am On Jul 01, 2012
nana: Hope T.Stone is ok sha?
He s okay. Jst tryin to get prepared 4 camp. But if u nid his contact . . .
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anuz: 6:38am On Jul 01, 2012
anitank: On my way to lag. Asking God for journey mercies. Bukky I see u
God will surely give. Enjoy lasgidi !
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anuz: 6:45am On Jul 01, 2012
Welcome 2 d month of perfection..... may everything concerning ur life be perfected IJN.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by ujchief(m): 6:54am On Jul 01, 2012
gentledamsel: @dennisbee,please I hope this is true as it sounds,cos am undecided too about whether to go or not...tanx though for the info
its the truth, it hapened to those in batch A, u'll be giving redeployment form to chose any state of ur choice except lag, abj and riv. U dont even need a medical report, just cite insecurity as ur reason for redeployment.
Sweetrie and co, dont make the mistake of not going to camp, Adamawa is peaceful, and u'll have adequate security for ur 3wks stay in camp. Moreover, muslims wil be on their fasting and prayers within that period, thats why Nysc had to fix it then.
Try and convince ur parents, u can drop their mail or number, let me speak to them on ur behalf.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by fashrola(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2012
These info are for corpers posted to Akwa Ibom state...though I posted it on the former thread, I'm trying to give benefit of doubt to JJC's cheesy

Akwa Ibom state (Uyo as a case) Uyo is a very nice place to be, especially the new infrastructure put to place by the State Governor which includes: Good and beautiful roads, Cinema, At least manageable power supply, good road network system (no hold-up), Cheap accommodation and Transportation, Uyo is a very peaceful place and it is not as big as Lagos, therefore it is a really organised city, Where the problem lies is which LGA you will be posted to in Akwa Ibom state, well I'll tell you the best LGA to serve with most good social amenities includes: Uyo, Eket (oil-rich town), Ikot Ekpene, Abak, Oron, Ibiono, Itu, Ikot-Abasi...though other LGA are good but I'm just telling you the best LGA in Akwa Ibom state and their proximity to the state Capital.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by fashrola(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2012
Corpers to be posted to Ibiono-Ibom LGA (Akwa Ibom State)
Well I know little about this LGA, should Iterm dis LGA as "political" city, Men dis LGA knows a lot about Politics, this LGA has produced top and high profile men and women in Akwa-Ibom state and nationwide, So if you are a corper, lol you better avail urself in any campaign or election taking place and collect small change put for ur pocket, Though there are good schools and good health centers due to the influence of high profile politicians who come from there..Ibiono-Ibom is always undergoing construction and commissioning of projects (guess that's the best way to embezzle govt money) so shine your eyes and make something out of it, though its not an industrialised area, so things are cheap, there are good roads, water and light (this are wat their politicians are using to score cheap political points) so dear corper flex am well, The area was an agricultural zone, but due to politics, youth are no longer interested in farming again, so in ibiono-ibom the best way for your service year is working in their Local government council(administration work things)...an Ibiono ibom administrative headquarters at Oko Ita is a 15mins drive to the state Capital...u can even decide to stay at Uyo while paying you transport down there
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by fashrola(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2012
Corpers to be posted to Ikot Ekpene (Akwa Ibom State)
Ikot Ekpene , known throughout Nigeria as " The Raffia City", or locally simply as"IK," is a historic town in the Niger Delta of Nigeria , and is in the densely populated state of Akwa Ibom, so even you don't want to work there in the future, but I assure you that you'll definitely want to come back to buy some of their artworks and artifacts to take back home.
Ikot Ekpene is a commercial city, and is inhabited by Igbo traders, well can I say Ikot Ekpene is located in the best place in Akwa Ibom state? The answer is yes, The town is located on the highway that parallels the coast, between Calabar to the south east and Aba to the west, with the state capital, Uyo , on this road just tothe east. Umuahia is the next major town to the north. So by this Ikot Ekpeneis a 30mins drive to Uyo, 45-50mins drive to Aba, approximately 1hr 30mins to calabar...ok back to the main point
There are good public schools, though some of them are bad due to contractor's honesty to do good job, some schools here are dipilated, due to carry-money-run factor when a contract is been awarded, but don't worry there are still good schools and good public healthcare centers, One of the best Government schools here in IK is the FGC Ikot ekpene, this school has produced great people worldwide, so thereputation of this school is nothing to be compared to, and it will be fun teaching in some prestigious institution, The town boast of other schools which includes: the Ikot Osurua College of Technology, the School of Nursing...The town is not a dull place, there are good number of hotels, clubs, nice sit-out spots, Fast foodcenters and a lot of tourist attraction
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by fashrola(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Corpers to be posted to Eket (Oil rich city)
* Eket is the second largest city in Akwa Ibom State , Nigeria,The city itself, an industrial city that in recent years has become a conurbation engulfing separate villages... Don't worry its a nice place full of life, the city is filled with a lot of white expatriate, that means there's a lot of opportunities over there..especially if you work your PPA to ExxonMobil, men that's cool cash for you as a corper...and they pay corpers N50k... And if you are posted to other area like schools, Public Hospitals, don't worry its still OK, People over there are nice, Eket due to its industrial and oil city nature is a relatively expensive city. The government has plans of upgrading the city by the provision of further majorroads in the city and the construction of housing estates,
In the 1990s, western environmentalists were concerned over the activities of oil exploitation in and around Eket, such as Shell and Mobil . The area is now newly"oil-rich" and Eket is the thriving hub of a new oil and gas business, with more than250 companies providing support services such as catering, flights, and exports. However, this success has caused problems, especially a reluctanceby local young men to engage in traditional work such as fishing...So there are a lot of opportunities even after your service year..So dear corpers if you are posted to Eket LGA, don't worry just shine your eyes and use your number 6, u'll surely get what you want
Oops!!! I forgot...for fun-lovers, the beach is not more than 20mins drive, The beach is in Ibeno, and it is very beautiful and nice relaxation spot; and one of the tourist attraction in Akwa Ibom state.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by fashrola(m): 7:12am On Jul 01, 2012
Corpers Posted to Oron ( This is the LGA where Maritime Academy of Nigeria is located) some of you may wonder "I've never heard about this institution b4" Hmm well its a professional institution just for the training of seafarers, which include Captains, Marine engineers and their courses is specifically tailored for the Maritime industry in Nigeria, for more info abt the school, just google it, Ok back to the point..... If you are really lucky to be posted to Oron LGA in Akwa Ibom state and also fortunate to be posted to Maritime Academy of Nigeria as a corper just thank your stars....because you'll enjoy a lot of benefits during your stay in as a corper at Maritime Academy of Nigeria. Corpers are paid N30k there, You'll be provided with a lodge, and the school runs a 24/7 power supply, Your security is assured, cos the Institution is a regimented school, powered by the Nigerian Navy... While I was a cadet there, I'm always jealous of corpers serving in my skool cos I just wanted to be like them (posted somewhere similar to my skool) but sha I know God will make a way for me too...That's all folks...pls I will like other corpers in the house to throw more info about their state, conditions and benefits too, at least we'll be enlighten before weare posted to our various places...Thank you
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by fashrola(m): 7:15am On Jul 01, 2012
Corpers posted to UYO LGA (Akwa Ibom State)
FACILITIES: Uyo is a small organized town, not as big as Lagos, but it is well managed and it is still undergoing major face uplift, Facilities you may expect to see in Uyo includes, A newly built flyover. (claimed to be finest flyover in Nigeria), The Largest Roundabout in Africa(Completed, its at Nung Udoe Junction), The Longest bridge in Africa (Under Construction) Ibom Tropicana ( Walt-Disney ofAfrica) this is where Silverbird cinema Uyo is located too (Oboy movie na N300 only there), 5 star hotel (lol some corper dey say "oboy u dey mad ooo, wetin I wan go do there"?) Don't Panic if you don't go there ur service year in Uyo is a waste, who knows who u might meet there? its not as expensive as it sounds, just go there and chillout with a bottle ofcoke lol, we have Ultrafit (modern sports center) are u a sportsman or woman? Then this is a place for you, located @ Ewet Housing Estate and owned by former Nigeria Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Nsikak Eduok, men there are a lot of places to visit in Uyo, when you come over, u'll see things for urself..
POWER SUPPLY: Hmmm well even in Abuja there's no constant light, so even in uyo there's no constant power supply; but @ least its manageable....Though power supply is stable along Wellington Bassey Way (Formerly known as Barracks Road), Ekpenyong street axis due to proximity to the Government house and Police barracks...though power supply in some areas are epilepticbut you need to endure...that's NYSC for you.
SECURITY: Well as far as know, there's no safe place even in USA, there are some security loopholes in Nigeria, so Uyo is not left out, but due to the heavy presence of Joint task force in strategic points, tragic moments are minimised in Uyo...at least no bombs( so no fear joor).
NIGHT LIFE: hahahahahaha I know this is what you have been waiting for...(See una face Ashawo-boys n gehs) ok nah...though since the Okada business was banned, night-life slowed a lil-bit, but as of now I think, night-life is coming out of its shell (big time)..there are few clubs and sit-out spots which includes Monty lounge, Lounge-uno, Wimpy bar, Billionaire's club, etc...so no dull moments in Uyo.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by dennisbee(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2012
gentledamsel: @dennisbee,please I hope this is true as it sounds,cos am undecided too about whether to go or not...tanx though for the info
Its very true. Find out frm people in previous batch. You will even be told to 'choose' where you want, except those 3 states i mentioned. Moreso, there's ample time to source for relevant documents like med report, jst incase
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by contento: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2012
I av just made a costly mistake. I laminated my call up letter. Pls help,wt shud i do nw?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by ujchief(m): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2012
contento: I av just made a costly mistake. I laminated my call up letter. Pls help,wt shud i do nw?
u did what?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by dennisbee(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2012
contento: I av just made a costly mistake. I laminated my call up letter. Pls help,wt shud i do nw?
Peel the thin film off. You can. Or tk it bck there and tell them to tk it off for you. They can
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by gentledamsel: 8:26am On Jul 01, 2012
dennisbee:
Its very true. Find out frm people in previous batch. You will even be told to 'choose' where you want, except those 3 states i mentioned. Moreso, there's ample time to source for relevant documents like med report, jst incase
tanx,am relieved a bit...pls do u know anybody from batch A that passed through this process,I wud luv to contact with the person...@dennibee nd ujchief thanks a million for this info,am going to camp finally
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by contento: 8:29am On Jul 01, 2012
dennisbee:
Peel the thin film off. You can. Or tk it bck there and tell them to tk it off for you. They can
well done boss. Sucessfully executed
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by Abbasufi: 8:53am On Jul 01, 2012
MY PPL SAFE JONI TO UR VARIOUS CAMPS, AM GONA MISS U GUYS, WHERE IS 9ZEROS WHERE WAS HE SENT TO?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by Abbasufi: 8:54am On Jul 01, 2012
Loskee: HEY EVERYONE... I KNOW IT'S BEEN AGES SINCE I POSTED ON NAIRALAND... HAD A LOT OF RUNNINGS AROUND TO DO... IN THE END, YOURS TRULY, DR LOSKEE, WAS POSTED TO...

KATSINA!!!

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT GOD HIMSELF KNOWS BEST. COINCIDENTALLY I WAS POSTED THERE WITH MY SISTER TOO! BUT I SEE EVERYTHING AS THE WORKING OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY. TRUST HIM IN YOUR VARIOUS POSTINGS, AND LET HIM LEAD THE WAY FOR US ALL IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT THEIR STATES OF CHOICE. MAY GOD BE WITH US ALL! AMEN...

MY DR GOOD LUCK,GOD'S CHOICE IS D BEST AND THERE WUNT B CULTURE SHOCK FOR U
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by uzor02(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2012
sigba:

Wow, i'm excited. Journey mercies guys.
Akwaibom corpers in the house pls say "I" and drop ur numbers.
Aye aye sir ........08030817321
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by Abbasufi: 8:59am On Jul 01, 2012
SHY I C U
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by adicious(m): 9:02am On Jul 01, 2012
KWARA EXPRESS... All the way!
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by Shygal(f): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2012
Abbasufi: SHY I C U
i see u too...
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by uzor02(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2012
adicious: KWARA EXPRESS... All the way!
My boy N☺ worry u are already dere
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by promzy143(m): 9:24am On Jul 01, 2012
safe trip 2 y'all...ph state of mind

Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by aleogho(m): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2012
Pls dos Abia state pay corpers allowance..if yes hw muh??
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anitank(f): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2012
Lmao!!! Wat u shld do? Spiral bind it with ur statement of result grin grin
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by Vincent41(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2012
Presently at Ezewata Park.............
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by Vincent41(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2012
anitank:
Lmao!!! Wat u shld do? Spiral bind it with ur statement of result grin grin
e no matter cos me lamenated mine
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anitank(f): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2012
anuz: God will surely give. Enjoy lasgidi !
Oh I so will, thnx. Where was T posted to?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) by anitank(f): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2012
Vincent 4:
e no matter cos me lamenated mine
gringringrin yes oo, e no matter at all. Na d best tin to do sef make e no spoil. I even wan staple everytin join make dem no loss. Wetin u tink? gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (201) (Reply)

Chat Room For Nysc Batch C 2012 Corpers / Tallest Abuja Corper And Shortest Corper Meet In Camp (Photo) / 2012 NYSC Batch B(june) Aspirants Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.