Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Any Oracle Dba Der? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Oracle Dba Der? (1777 Views)

Mcitp, Ccna Or Oracle Dba / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? / What Kind Of DBA (Database Administrator) Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Oracle Dba Der? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 12, 2012
I heard i can study OCA(PL/SQL and database adminstration fundamentals 1) on my own bt i ws told i will need an oracle database to work on..who can pls help me on how to get it?
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by jimblaze(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2012
yes, you can go to the Oracle site oracle.com and download it, its quite big though, and there is a ton of documentation on the site too, as per studying on your own, i would advise you to get someone to put you through. You can then do the SQL fundamentals which is the first stage but to do the OCP you have to be trained at an Oracle University approved centre.

1 Like

Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 12, 2012
Its too big,imagine 2GB..is d software on CD?i can study OCA on my own? den,i will go to NIIT for d OCP..thanks

jimblaze: yes, you can go to the Oracle site oracle.com and download it, its quite big though, and there is a ton of documentation on the site too, as per studying on your own, i would advise you to get someone to put you through. You can then do the SQL fundamentals which is the first stage but to do the OCP you have to be trained at an Oracle University approved cits toentre.
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by Bams95: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
hi.organisations are mostly running oracle on linux nowadays. If u need oracle database software 10/11g on Linux os,u can mail me.i can also help u install the required linux distro on ur computer.
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
Wht is linux OS?will u need to format my system cos am using window 7..pls tell me more and what ur email address?
Bams95: hi.organisations are mostly running oracle on linux nowadays. If u need oracle database software 10/11g on Linux os,u can mail me.i can also help u install the required linux distro on ur computer.
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by Bams95: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Linux is a Unix Like operating system.its mostly use for servers,e.g database servers.yes,u will create a partition for linux installation on ur hard disk.which means u have to back up ur data b4 formating.i can help u with all these,if u dont have a windows 7 disk,i can get dat for you.then i will also install d linux os and oracle software 4 you.i have already replied ur email.check ur inbox.
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by dljbd1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
Thank God I found you guys. Am really interested but the cost of learning is damn high mehn...i dy hear tynz lyk 100k nd above...am already downloading Oracle 11g right now to be completed hopefully by tomorrow. Can you please give me the address of a place in Lagos where after I'm through with my personal training, I could just walk in and take the test. And how many months do you suggest I practise it before going for the test. And please, don't forget to say the cost of writing it...its very important...lol
thnx
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
Sql fundamentals 1 is $125 dollars as stated at oracle website..i just finished learning sql bt nw on workshp adminstration 1.....gdluck
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by omega7ky: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
Bams95: hi.organisations are mostly running oracle on linux nowadays. If u need oracle database software 10/11g on Linux os,u can mail me.i can also help u install the required linux distro on ur computer.
Pls Bams... I will need linux on my system !!! how can i get it?? thank you
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by Bams95: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
omega7ky,what type of os do u currently have on ur system?do u want to be using another os with linux or just linux alone,and do you stay in lagos?
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by gistme24(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
dl_jbd: Thank God I found you guys. Am really interested but the cost of learning is damn high mehn...i dy hear tynz lyk 100k nd above...am already downloading Oracle 11g right now to be completed hopefully by tomorrow. Can you please give me the address of a place in Lagos where after I'm through with my personal training, I could just walk in and take the test. And how many months do you suggest I practise it before going for the test. And please, don't forget to say the cost of writing it...its very important...lol
thnx
Try first logic, they have offices in Oba Akran,Ikeja and on the Island. Their fee is very ok. How long your studying takes depends on you and your background.

Soyedele1: Wht is linux OS?will u need to format my system cos am using window 7..pls tell me more and what ur email address?

You do not have to format it. You can use softwares like VirtualMachine or VirttualBox that will enable you run OS smoothly. I have oracle installed on Oracle Linux and another on Solaris 10 on one system.

Soyedele1: I heard i can study OCA(PL/SQL and database adminstration fundamentals 1) on my own bt i ws told i will need an oracle database to work on..who can pls help me on how to get it?

I wrote my certification exam in PL/SQL OCA through self study. That was last year. Your exposure to any OOP language and SQL makes it easier.
Best of luck
Re: Any Oracle Dba Der? by hidon: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hi,

You can count on me for your Oracle DBA materials. My name is Don and can be reached on 080203608328 , skypeid : donald_simple.

Soyedele1: I heard i can study OCA(PL/SQL and database adminstration fundamentals 1) on my own bt i ws told i will need an oracle database to work on..who can pls help me on how to get it?

(1) (Reply)

How Security Compass 'stole' $14 Million From A Bank / Retail POS Software Developed In Nigeria / Skilled Programmer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.