Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

"Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic (4228 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Revelation Story [ As John Might Have Told It Today ] - Jack Kelley / A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Seun(m): 2:05am On Jun 12, 2012

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 12, 2012
I love this smiley
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by caye(m): 2:51am On Jun 12, 2012
Men, this is awesome... to imagine nothing to KILL or die for, no heaven or hell.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Goshen360(m): 3:03am On Jun 12, 2012
How una take see wetin dey the web comic sef? Me no see nathing o,lolz grin
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by kandiikane(m): 3:51am On Jun 12, 2012
I had the same thoughts yesterday after I saw a video of a man's throat being cut off for converting to christianity. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Peterson1993(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2012
Imagine nairaland in extinction or never existed embarassed
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by firestar(f): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2012
Spotted!

Heavy symbolism in the last picture...

Clever, very clever.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Peterson1993(m): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
Spotted!
Heavy symbolism in the last picture...
Clever, very clever...!!!
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Seun(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
Can you please explain the symbolism in the last picture?
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by emofine2(f): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
I don’t find this touching but the message is hmmmn...nice questionably undecided. This is not reality but romanticism. In order for a world to be harmonious we all don’t necessarily have to have the same beliefs/unbelief or no nations (which as difficult as they can be are primarily for order and management even though I don’t subscribe to some engineered states) etc...such notion is by far more fantastical than heaven or hell. And death would still be a reality...people may not die or be eliminated out of fanaticism but people will still sacrifice for those they love. Can you remove one extreme and not the other?

There is a reason why this is called “imagine”.

I wonder why do so many factions strive for “oneness”.

1 Like

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by emofine2(f): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Seun: Can you please explain the symbolism in the last picture?

At the very last picture the earth is illustrated in the same pattern as the “peace” symbol.

1 Like

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
*sigh* cry

p.s. where's Bono and Bob Geldof?
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by okeyxyz(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
As the subject is aptly titled "Imagine", which implies it's impossible!!

As long as individuals have goals and ambitions, as long as we are segmented into families, villages, states, tribes, countries etc and we all have interests, values & resources to acquire & protect, then we must always equip ourselves with arms & ammunitioin (whether they are military, legal or economic weapons) to fight the other person who does not share these values with us or trying to take them from us. Even when they share the same values, we still fight to be the dominant party. that's the nature of all animals including humans.

So unless we are able to reinvent the perfect value system that is without flaws, then we must always fight, and the caption will always remain "imagine" instead of "lets do it"
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Peterson1993(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hmm firestar should explain better. She is the originator of the "symbolism in the the last photo" But I think the last photo tries to break out the idea of the whole world becoming one without ethnicity,laguague barrier or other factors diving the whole world to different sections.. Just an immagination though because it is never possible
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by firestar(f): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
emöfine2:

At the very last picture the earth is illustrated in the same pattern as the “peace” symbol.
Peterson1993: Hmm firestar should explain better. She is the originator of the "symbolism in the the last photo" But I think the last photo tries to break out the idea of the whole world becoming one without ethnicity,laguague barrier or other factors diving the whole world to different sections.. Just an immagination though because it is never possible

At what price? So... who represents the peacemaker in that comic? Will warring parties agree to not disagree?

Questions, questions....

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Peterson1993(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
^ ^ At no price miss . But firestar I will like to meet you one-on-one someday. Even without seeing your face/facial appearance, I already see how beautiful you are from your write-ups. undecided
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
^^ yeah right! tongue cheesy
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Kay17: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
Its possible with a universal culture
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by jmoore(m): 1:05am On Jun 16, 2012
Imagine no human beings............
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Peterson1993(m): 1:32am On Jun 16, 2012
BoboYekini: ^^ yeah right! tongue cheesy
yeah! very right indeed. She mostly speaks in literature terms. Very difficult to understand but interesting to read. I hate literature though grin
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by ektbear: 2:46am On Jun 16, 2012
gimme that old time RELIGION

gimme that old time religion

gimme that old time religion

it's good enough for me
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by firestar(f): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2012
Peterson1993: yeah! very right indeed. She mostly speaks in literature terms. Very difficult to understand but interesting to read. I hate literature though grin
So... What's your contribution?
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Jenwitemi(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for this, Seun. Really love it. That is the ONE message that we all need. By WE, i mean the entire human race. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by UyiIredia(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Seun's piece is as good as the naïve communism of the likes of Marx & Lenin. What's hard to imagine is a peaceful world without religion. Subtly implying that Christianity & other theistic religions (which evolved from various philosophies) is the main factor hindering peace is naïve. The problem as I've repeatedly pointed out is fanaticism which can occur under ANY school of thought as seen in Nazism, Communism, Catholicism, Shiite Islam etc Peace first and foremost is a state of mind not an utopic social condition. I'll advise anyone here to read the essays of Martin Luther King and in particular the Satyrgraha (works explaining the non-violent resistance philosophy of the great Mohandas Gandhi). History has clearly shown that peace can occur under any context e.g the Golden Age of the Israelites under King David, the rise of the Edo suzerainty under the aggresive expansionist regime of Oba Ewuare and the modern-day oligarchy of Kuwait.

1 Like

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by manmustwac(m): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
Just proves that this planet would be a better place minus religion.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by UyiIredia(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
manmustwac: Just proves that this planet would be a better place minus religion.

My comment above should put paid to such childish notions. The actions of the 'Stalinists' should have put paid to the idea that atheism (or irreligion) is devoid of violence.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Jenwitemi(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
Stalin was evil, no doubt, but he suffered from the sickness that is very present in religion, THE EGO. The ego in man is the source of all evil. Whether one is religious or atheist makes no difference. We all suffer under the influence the ego at different levels.
Uyi Iredia:

My comment above should put paid to such childish notions. The actions of the 'Stalinists' should have put paid to the idea that atheism (or irreligion) is devoid of violence.

1 Like

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
manmustwac: Just proves that this planet would be a better place minus religion

LOL What?!?

Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Seun(m): 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Seun's piece is as good as the naïve communism of the likes of Marx & Lenin. What's hard to imagine is a peaceful world without religion. Subtly implying that Christianity & other theistic religions (which evolved from various philosophies) is the main factor hindering peace is naïve. The problem as I've repeatedly pointed out is fanaticism which can occur under ANY school of thought as seen in Nazism, Communism, Catholicism, Shiite Islam etc Peace first and foremost is a state of mind not an utopic social condition. I'll advise anyone here to read the essays of Martin Luther King and in particular the Satyrgraha (works explaining the non-violent resistance philosophy of the great Mohandas Gandhi). History has clearly shown that peace can occur under any context e.g the Golden Age of the Israelites under King David, the rise of the Edo suzerainty under the aggresive expansionist regime of Oba Ewuare and the modern-day oligarchy of Kuwait.
It's not my piece. It's a catchy song by John Lennon. I certainly don't think religion is the world's only problem. If the whole world drops religion, human beings will find new things to fight over. Political ideologies, favourite colors, etc. The song is just meant to remind us of the divisive nature of religion.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by UyiIredia(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Stalin was evil, no doubt, but he suffered from the sickness that is very present in religion, THE EGO. The ego in man is the source of all evil. Whether one is religious or atheist makes no difference. We all suffer under the influence the ego at different levels.
You had better expand on this ego a bit. It would be better you attribute this ego STRICTLY to man and not religion. Man taints religion with ego. I wish I could discuss with you on how the Christian God is precisely the source of the immortal YOU. Your first mistake is assuming the Christian God is illegitimate because of His ego & capacity for evil. Your second mistake is in not realising that your immortal self is born but never dies. This is by virtue of the fact that you realise your immortal self. God OTOH by His very nature is immortal and is the one that was never born and will never die by virtue of the fact that His (or its) existence is infinite.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by UyiIredia(m): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
Seun:
It's not my piece. It's a catchy song by John Lennon. I certainly don't think religion is the world's only problem. If the whole world drops religion, human beings will find new things to fight over. Political ideologies, favourite colors, etc. The song is just meant to remind us of the divisive nature of religion.

You just repeated your mistake. I pointed out that fanaticism is the problem and it's precisely what cause strife in ANY context. Religion is not divisive it is a human characteristic. D-?-4-+, (or strife_arisees from undue fanaticism. BTW I know the song and I'm well aware you didn't write it. I was referring to the fact that you brought it up. Hence, Seun's piece.
Re: "Imagine" By John Lenon - A Web-Comic by Jenwitemi(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
The EGO was already incorporated into religions and that was what gave the Abrahamic religions, at least, their henotheistic nature; my god is better than yours and that sort of thing. That is EGO. So to say that religions have no ego on their own is a complete folly.

Look at the deities the 3 Abrahamic faiths worship and tell me again whether there is no ego in religion without man. The scriptural texts of these 3 faiths alone oozes with extreme divine EGOISM.

Humans may already have had EGO in them, but having come in contact with religions bulging with the same EGO, but only now in extreme form, only makes the EGO in man to be magnified many folds.
Uyi Iredia: You had better expand on this ego a bit. It would be better you attribute this ego STRICTLY to man and not religion. Man taints religion with ego. I wish I could discuss with you on how the Christian God is precisely the source of the immortal YOU. Your first mistake is assuming the Christian God is illegitimate because of His ego & capacity for evil. Your second mistake is in not realising that your immortal self is born but never dies. This is by virtue of the fact that you realise your immortal self. God OTOH by His very nature is immortal and is the one that was never born and will never die by virtue of the fact that His (or its) existence is infinite.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nude lady Climb Church Altar During Xmas Mass(photo) / ISIS Brutal Sexual Crimes - Burnt Woman For Refusing Extreme Sex Act / Apostle Babalola And His Wrong Choice Of A Wife: For Ministers (copied)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.