Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? (3217 Views)

Major Web Browsers Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know / Help!!!! I Can't Open Facebook With My PC Browsers. / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by trisurface: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2012
Hello All, before I start this, I will like to disclose that I am not a techie.

I have a question for the house. My Question - Why would Opera, Mozilla, Chrome and IE respond at different speeds to the same network - say Starcomms EVDO?

I preferred Opera for a while because its Turbo feature responds even in slow network, but recently, Chrome has been better.

Is this as a result of a function on the site I am working on, what I am downloading, or do the browsers just respond differently?

Also, one more thing. - Even when all the browsers don't seem to be responding, my BBC Desktop Player plays voice channels clearly. I thought sound and pictures were heavier?

Please kindly help me understand what the problem is. Thanks in advance.
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by Denningtedy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2012
Its depends on the internet[i][/i] protocol and the host lol. But but i think opera and google chrome is the best when using iwp server to browse. grin cheesy
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by pwiz(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
Ask google.

2 Likes

Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by meetgaya: 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
google chrome is d best. i like it
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by femi4: 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
yes they do, for instance IE works best with freegate

Google chrome/mozilla performed very well with IWP
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
these companies are all trying to sell their products, dont mind them jare, they respond same way to your network provider
the reason being that they all connect to the same underlying operating system network interfaces

some give the illusion of speed by employing tricks like caching(saving already viewed pages locally so next time, you dont need to download it) & domain autocompleter (Chrome does this perfectly, type "nai" and chrome will complete "nairaland.com", it naturally fools you to think chrome is faster), multithreading, prefetching, pipelining(sending numerous requests on ur behalf), quick rendering (some displays content as they become available, even when the tags are incomplete)
compression (these browsers send a request header "Accept-Encoding" telling the server what encoding it can process, this way the server sends the response back in preferred format)

all these and more are employed, but dont be fooled, the speed and performances of most of these giants are very close to worry about one being faster than another.
if you experience a drag in one, check the plugins you installed.

hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
webdezzi: these companies are all trying to sell their products, dont mind them jare, they respond same way to your network provider
the reason being that they all connect to the same underlying operating system network interfaces

some give the illusion of speed by employing tricks like caching(saving already viewed pages locally so next time, you dont need to download it) & domain autocompleter (Chrome does this perfectly, type "nai" and chrome will complete "nairaland.com", it naturally fools you to think chrome is faster), multithreading, prefetching, pipelining(sending numerous requests on ur behalf), quick rendering (some displays content as they become available, even when the tags are incomplete)
compression (these browsers send a request header "Accept-Encoding" telling the server what encoding it can process, this way the server sends the response back in preferred format)

all these and more are employed, but dont be fooled, the speed and performances of most of these giants are very close to worry about one being faster than another.
if you experience a drag in one, check the plugins you installed.

hope this helps
These words are enough for only the wise

1 Like

Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by moshoodn(m): 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
p.wiz:
Ask google.
Na wa o
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
I can't really say. I use IE for online banking cos of security.
I use opera to watch video cos of its stability(I could open 20 YouTube links at the same time).
I use Firefox for torrent downloads.
I use chrome for other types of browsing.
But overall, chrome responds faster than the rest but crashes a lot when I try to open a site with too many flash.
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by trisurface: 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
So,
Let me see if I got this right?
They're all the same but they release download info in different ways giving the impression that some are faster than others?
OK. Got that.
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by ndahbros1: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2012
Hello everyone. My BB browser has been unable to browse for 2 days now. Refuses to load pages and gets stuck with d blank white page. Iv reset my battery several times and confirmed d correct browser settings, yet it still does not browse. My opera mini browses though. What do I do?
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by cap28: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
browsers definitely respond differently to networks and some are a lot faster than others for example i used to use windows 7 browser but have now switched to google chrome - there is no comparison - google chrome is super fast, clearer and rarely cuts out unlike my old browser.
Re: Do Browsers Respond To Networks Differently? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
ndahbros1: Hello everyone. My BB browser has been unable to browse for 2 days now. Refuses to load pages and gets stuck with d blank white page. Iv reset my battery several times and confirmed d correct browser settings, yet it still does not browse. My opera mini browses though. What do I do?

Hi ya. I suffered a similar situation about a month ago. The issue eventually resolved on it's own. I don't know what caused it. But it started after I'd viewed a Youtube video.

(1) (Reply)

Water cooled Game PC / Glo Wap Settings / Office 2007 Cd Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.