Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" (1596 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
opinions?
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by PhysicsQED(m): 12:03am On Jun 16, 2012
If this series is ongoing, I hope he returns to West Africa.

If the point of this series is to showcase African kingdoms that were sophisticated in one way or another, there's a lot that happened in West Africa that's worth mentioning besides Asante and Benin.

And if he's going to include the Berber kingdom of Morocco as African because it's in North Africa, why didn't he include Egypt which is also in North Africa and is also part "black"? I honestly wouldn't include either because one (Egypt) is a hybrid (African/Asiatic) culture at best and the other (Morocco) is really only African by a technicality (being on the same continent) although the country is part black (due to the Arab slave trade).
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 12:31am On Jun 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: If this series is ongoing, I hope he returns to West Africa.

If the point of this series is to showcase African kingdoms that were sophisticated in one way or another, there's a lot that happened in West Africa that's worth mentioning besides Asante and Benin.

And if he's going to include the Berber kingdom of Morocco as African because it's in North Africa, why didn't he include Egypt which is also in North Africa and is also part "black"? I honestly wouldn't include either because one (Egypt) is a hybrid (African/Asiatic) culture at best and the other (Morocco) is really only African by a technicality (being on the same continent) although the country is part black (due to the Arab slave trade).

True, to be honest I don't consider North africa really african if you know what I mean; just another middle east to me so you are correct in your assessment.
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 16, 2012
anonymous6: True, to be honest I don't consider North africa really african if you know what I mean; just another middle east to me so you are correct in your assessment.

...smh...
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 16, 2012
anonymous6:

True, to be honest I don't consider North africa really african if you know what I mean; just another middle east to me so you are correct in your assessment.

You don't consider North Africa to be Africa, huh? How old are you and what kind of stupidity is that?

The truth is that, there is no middle-east - that space called middle-east used to be part of Africa..

Middle-East is a British creation, period!!
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 2:33am On Jun 16, 2012
shymmex:

You don't consider North Africa to be Africa, huh? How old are you and what kind of stupidity is that?

The truth is that, there is no middle-east - that space called middle-east used to be part of Africa..

Middle-East is a British creation, period!!

The only thing African about North Africa is they are in the continent of Africa and their early civilizations besides that they are as middle east as they come as far as I am concerned. This is not stupidity and I am not the only one thinking this many sub-saharan black africans feel the same way. A great example is the world cup nobody cared about the north african teams just the non-north african teams because North africans don't support african issues but arab issues, sorry
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 16, 2012
anonymous6:

The only thing African about North Africa is they are in the continent of Africa and their early civilizations besides that they are as middle east as they come as far as I am concerned. This is not stupidity and I am not the only one thinking this many sub-saharan black africans feel the same way. A great example is the world cup nobody cared about the north african teams just the non-north african teams because North africans don't support african issues but arab issues, sorry

I don't care about football, and who inhabits the place right now - but both North Africa, and the so-called Middle-East are historically Africa.. There is no Middle-East - the term middle-east is a British creation.....

All the civilizations built there were built by black Africans - read more, and stop posting your ignorance all over your own thread.
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 3:13am On Jun 16, 2012
shymmex:

I don't care about football, and who inhabits the place right now - but both North Africa, and the so-called Middle-East are historically Africa.. There is no Middle-East - the term middle-east is a British creation.....

All the civilizations built there were built by black Africans - read more, and stop posting your ignorance all over your own thread.

You don't get it don't you, I don't care about whether the British made the term or not, the place right now is known as a separate region of itself now(even though it isn't a continent), so that argument of yours is flawed and I don't care whether they were once Africa(that is already known knowledge doesn't change anything about how North Africa is today) because as far as I am concerned the people that are there now are far removed from Africa culturally, and etc. Also you sound like a fo.ol right now because I already said that the only thing African about North Africa is that they are in Africa and their early civilizations were built by the black Nubians but the north africans of today are no longer african as far as I am concerned but completely Arab or mixed, the black africans are completely wiped out, their culture now is middle eastern. So please take you anger some place else.

This is not ignorance, the north Africa today is culturally middle eatsern(I don't care if it was part of Africa originally or that the British created the name) because South America used to be part of Africa, and it has been said all humans came from Africa you don't hear me saying they are also African as well, give me a break. The only African about north africa to me is they are in the continent of Africa an their early civilizations(Nubians), everything else about them is middle eastern, so when I think of african people the north africans of today don't come to mind.
Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by firestar(f): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2012
anonymous6:

You don't get it don't you, I don't care about whether the British made the term or not, the place right now is known as a separate region of itself now(even though it isn't a continent), so that argument of yours is flawed and I don't care whether they were once Africa(that is already known knowledge doesn't change anything about how North Africa is today) because as far as I am concerned the people that are there now are far removed from Africa culturally, and etc. Also you sound like a fo.ol right now because I already said that the only thing African about North Africa is that they are in Africa and their early civilizations were built by the black Nubians but the north africans of today are no longer african as far as I am concerned but completely Arab or mixed, the black africans are completely wiped out, their culture now is middle eastern. So please take you anger some place else.

This is not ignorance, the north Africa today is culturally middle eatsern(I don't care if it was part of Africa originally or that the British created the name) because South America used to be part of Africa, and it has been said all humans came from Africa you don't hear me saying they are also African as well, give me a break. The only African about north africa to me is they are in the continent of Africa an their early civilizations(Nubians), everything else about them is middle eastern, so when I think of african people the north africans of today don't come to mind.
I see where you're coming from.

1 Like

Re: BBC's New Documentary Series On The "Lost Kingdoms Of Africa" by anonymous6(f): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2012
firestar:
I see where you're coming from.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Etymology Of Orisha / Meet The Imo State King Who Is Flanked By Four Pretty With Bare Breasts (photos) / For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.