Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff (14338 Views)

See The Best Internet Data Plans / Bundles From MTN Etisalat Airtel And Globacom / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / Cheap Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by tecmon: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
I loaded an Airtel internet bundle of 200MB and you wont believe it , it just vanished in about 3hrs of browsing, when it is meant to last for one month. I changed to Glo 10mb daily plan and that was a disaster, they took the NGN100 without giving me the data, next i loaded again and got error message that the plan im trying to purchase is not compatible with my current data plan-Instant surf, pls is instant surf not the same thing as 10mb 24hrs plan ? , why are they telling me its not compatible , i tried reset - its an unknown command !, i call 121 customer care and they are closed !!!, i ran to MTN for looking for succour and they aslo took my 10mb in a few mins !!, tell me is this not witchcraft !! angry

2 Likes

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by cupid4ig(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
the best thing is to get a blackberry phone pay ur 1500 and enjoy ur browsing for one months grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by tessyade: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
Poster i dont know why yours is like that. I and other colleagues in my office use the data plans of all the networks you mentioned and they dont give us such problems. Are you sure the problem is not from your phone?
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by dudufemi(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
it might be the way u brawse.... U might u it in fast and open big data sites

2 Likes

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by samfibby(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2012
Poster is funny cheesy wink smiley got me laughing. Welcome to nigerias world of cut throat internet tarriff grin grin grin. Dont worry, u would get use to it. grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ITbomb(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
Son, those bundles were designed for phone browsing and not for ur laptop
And don't you know you can get 1000 Mb from airtel at the same price you got the 200mb

3 Likes

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
am presently on Glo always min, its cool to be honest.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by oayombo: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
200MB vanished in 3hrs? I guess you connected your phone to a laptop and started downloading. You used it up, data no dey vanish

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Which phone are you using: i think you are on andriod? Am using nokia 5230 and its good
Which browser do you browse wit: i use ucbrowser and its faster than opera in loading time and efficient in downloading and also shows me the data it has saved
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by amosy007: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
get use to it man..... there is no cheap internet in nigeria ....there is nothing to write home about with the ones we have...Nigeria is still a 5th world country despite all the noise about the bandwidth freedom by our stupid ncc

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by megareal: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
@ Poster, eeyaa sorry. Except for MTN, I havent really experienced what you've said from other networks. I think its all about the sites you visit, what you download and your browser.Try Opera mini/Opera, it compresses data so you spend less. So far, thats my best browser for mobile and PC.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by megareal: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
ITbomb: Son, those bundles were designed for phone browsing and not for ur laptop
And don't you know you can get 1000 Mb from airtel at the same price you got the 200mb

Please how? Can you share the info?

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ibidapko(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
ITbomb: Son, those bundles were designed for phone browsing and not for ur laptop

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by mjconcept(m): 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
oayombo: 200MB vanished in 3hrs? I guess you connected your phone to a laptop and started downloading. You used it up, data no dey vanish
My thought exac tly.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by DonTundex(m): 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
That's disqusting!
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by mjconcept(m): 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
amosy007: get use to it man..... there is no cheap internet in nigeria ....there is nothing to write home about with the ones we have... NIGERIA IS STILL A 5TH WORLD COUNTRY despite all the noise about the bandwidth freedom by our stupid ncc
Lmao on bolded, bro. are you outside Milky way galaxy?
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by MuyiGL: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
tecmon: I loaded an Airtel internet bundle of 200MB and you wont believe it , it just vanished in about 3hrs of browsing, when it is meant to last for one month. I changed to Glo 10mb daily plan and that was a disaster, they took the NGN100 without giving me the data, next i loaded again and got error message that the plan im trying to purchase is not compatible with my current data plan-Instant surf, pls is instant surf not the same thing as 10mb 24hrs plan ? , why are they telling me its not compatible , i tried reset - its an unknown command !, i call 121 customer care and they are closed !!!, i ran to MTN for looking for succour and they aslo took my 10mb in a few mins !!, tell me is this not witchcraft !! angry

Oga the plan is intended for mobile phones. You're not expected to tether it to ur laptop. If you have a laptop and you really wanna browse you should get the 1gig or 3gig plans. 200mb plan is for mobile phones. But if you have an iPhone or a very high end smart phone, you should probably get a 500mb plan.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Ninilowo(m): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
load N1200.airtel and send BSM to 440 u wll be credited with 1GB data. switch off ur fone and switch on after one minute. The check ur balance with *141*712*0#. its da bomb. the seed is amazing.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by zangiff(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
Go France
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by emsquare(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
samfibby: Poster is funny cheesy wink smiley got me laughing. Welcome to nigerias world of cut throat internet tarriff grin grin grin. Dont worry, u would get use to it. grin grin grin cheesy

LOL!
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by donlet(m): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2012
That problem you had with glo is because their data plan is on gloflat. check you settings and change user name and password to gloflat. then subscribe to any data plan, then you are good to go. As far as i know glo has the best internet plans for now.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ariy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2012
mjconcept:
Lmao on bolded, bro. are you outside Milky way galaxy?

1. Ghana: average download speed being 4.78 Mbps (77th)

2. Zimbabwe: average download speed of 4.65 Mbp (80th)

3. Kenya: average download speeds of 4.46 Mbps (84th)

4. Libya: average download speed clocked in at 4.27 Mbps (86th)

5. Madagascar: average download speed of 4.25 Mbps (87th)

6. South Africa: average download speed of 2.85Mbps (114th)

7. Morocco: average download speed of 2.84 Mbps (115th)

8. Nigeria: average download speed was clocked at 2.41 Mbps (130th)
Netcom Africa Limited:download speed with 22.47 Mbps (Highest)
Internet Solutions with 4.55 Mbps
VDT Communications Limited with 3.64 Mbps
Starcomms Limited 0.33 Mbps (Lowest)
Swift Networks Limited 0.51 Mbps.

9. Rwanda:average download speed of 2.15 Mbps

10. Mozambique: average download speed was 1.96 Mbps (140th)

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/04/africas-top-ten-countries-with-fastest-internet-speeds/
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by a1solution: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
If it is phone you are using to browse change your browser. for me whenever I use UC browser on my phone even if it is just 5mins browsing N100 wud be automatical deducted from my account. for now I rely on Nokia browser and opera and its fine.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ulonnaya21: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
Which kind of device are u using. If u are using phone. The data u subscribed for will last put if u are using a phone or tablet data plan on your laptop or desktop, walla, your data will be gone before u know it.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by drflosh: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
i totally agree with you, man. i have experienced exactly the same on two networks, etisalat and airtel. Everything just vanished in about 2 hours. No logical explanatyion was given when i called customer care. Its all a rip-off if you ask me.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by mjconcept(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
ariy:

1. Ghana: average download speed being 4.78 Mbps (77th)

2. Zimbabwe: average download speed of 4.65 Mbp (80th)

3. Kenya: average download speeds of 4.46 Mbps (84th)

4. Libya: average download speed clocked in at 4.27 Mbps (86th)

5. Madagascar: average download speed of 4.25 Mbps (87th)

6. South Africa: average download speed of 2.85Mbps (114th)

7. Morocco: average download speed of 2.84 Mbps (115th)

8. Nigeria: average download speed was clocked at 2.41 Mbps (130th)
Netcom Africa Limited:download speed with 22.47 Mbps (Highest)
Internet Solutions with 4.55 Mbps
VDT Communications Limited with 3.64 Mbps
Starcomms Limited 0.33 Mbps (Lowest)
Swift Networks Limited 0.51 Mbps.

9. Rwanda:average download speed of 2.15 Mbps

10. Mozambique: average download speed was 1.96 Mbps (140th)

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/04/africas-top-ten-countries-with-fastest-internet-speeds/
I don't believe in craps like this.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by yommy2sure(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
donlet: That problem you had with glo is because their data plan is on gloflat. check you settings and change user name and password to gloflat. then subscribe to any data plan, then you are good to go. As far as i know glo has the best internet plans for now.
u r right, my own problem with glo is their data dont work with opera, 2go, ebuddy etc on my phone (nokia E5)...only uc browser and nimbuzz works on it....i really dont know y.... though they give 200mb monthly and their speed is still the best...i hav to make do with etisalat, they give me 260mb monthly and their service is just manageable.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by elewedu(m): 6:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
I had the same bad experience with glo, I subscribed for the 200mb and it was wiped out in jst 20mins. Men I was so shocked,confused, frustrated and furious. I later learnt I was using their 3g internet service that moves @ blazin speed, plus the fact that all my softwares we're on automatic update. So my advice
1. Remove automatic update on your windows update
2. Uncheck ur add ins
3. Uncheck automatic update on ur adobe reader
4. Follow the "gloflat" advice.

Regards
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ITbomb(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
Ninilowo: load N1200.airtel and send BSM to 440 u wll be credited with 1GB data. switch off ur fone and switch on after one minute. The check ur balance with *141*712*0#. its da bomb. the seed is amazing.
Megareal and ibidapko hope you got it.
My little trick, though I can't verify for others, don't check your balance no matter how tempting till when the month is nearly over and they start sending the 'your crapberry subscription will soon expire', you check your balance and you MAY get another one month

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel 2016 Latest Free Browsing On Android/pc / How To Connect Your Laptop/desktop To Internet With Your Mobile Phone / How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.