Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? (1904 Views)

What Is The Difference Between SOHC And DOHC Engines And Which Is Better? / Why Are Cotonuo Cars Very Cheap? / What Is The Difference Between Premium Wheels And Alloy Wheels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Geranimo: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
Hi all

Please I would appreciate expert advice on the difference between pre-ordered cars and cars sold at Cotonuo.
I mean difference with regards to:
a. Quality
b. Price/cost

I would appreciate constructive advice from Nairalanders since this would help me a great deal in deciding where to source the car I intend buying soon.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by bigx(m): 7:50am On Jun 15, 2012
Geranimo: Hi all

Please I would appreciate expert advice on the difference between pre-ordered cars and cars sold at Cotonuo.
I mean difference with regards to:
a. Quality
b. Price/cost

I would appreciate constructive advice from Nairalanders since this would help me a great deal in deciding where to source the car I intend buying soon.

Thanks.

To me, the only difference between both is the honesty of the dealer you get it from,
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Geranimo: 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
So, in essence, one can get very clean cars at Cotonuo and as cheap as cars pre-ordered from abroad?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Geranimo: 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by deandavid(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2012
*subscribed* ah will follow this thread, since i ll b buyin my car soon.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Geranimo: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by dantitiki(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2012
Cars in Cotonou and cars pr-ordered from the US are all the same as they are all from Europe and US (abroad).

Regards Quality, it all depends on what was imported from abroad and regards Price, the are about the same if the cars were duly cleared at the border of Cotonou and Nigeria.

They are practically the same, only Cotonou car market has a higher influx of European cars than others.

Kind regards.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Emperoh(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
Poster;

The difference is not much but in pricing.
Just as we buy from Europe and USA so do the dealers there buy their.
We get junks there as we also have in Nigeria. The same goes for clean cars.

However, the difference in pricing lies in a couple of factors;
1. Cost of Cotonou port clearing is cheaper than tincan
2. Seme clearing makes it costlier but most dealers will skip this and fly your car in
3. Excahnge rate of Naira to the CFA is also a deciding factor.

Whichever way you go, ensure that you get what u pay for and that the appropriate duty is paid where necessary
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Geranimo: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
Thanks guys. I appreciate your insightful responses.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by Tommry: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
Emperoh: Poster;

The difference is not much but in pricing.
Just as we buy from Europe and USA so do the dealers there buy their.
We get junks there as we also have in Nigeria. The same goes for clean cars.

However, the difference in pricing lies in a couple of factors;
1. Cost of Cotonou port clearing is cheaper than tincan
2. Seme clearing makes it costlier but most dealers will skip this and fly your car in
3. Excahnge rate of Naira to the CFA is also a deciding factor.

Whichever way you go, ensure that you get what u pay for and that the appropriate duty is paid where necessary

Pls. like how much will custom paper for car/van from cotonou cost.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by JUO(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
my brother if you are buying a van, buy it in Lagos because is cheaper in Lagos.
any car that is less than 700k is a waste of money in Cotonou.
remember you have to clear twice.
make sure you price the car from different places before you buy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pre-ordered Cars From Abroad & Cars From Cotonuo? by ivoryhouse(m): 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
Please beware of the fact that some cotonou cars are salvage cars and you pay twice (in their port) and at the border post into nigeria. i would rather take my chances buying in Nigeria than go to cotonou, better still i'd rather buy overseas unless i cant wait 4-6weeks for delivery.Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Car Just Won't Start / Honda Civic Or Golf 4? / Amazing Auto Products! You Car Needs It! (vacuum cleaner, OBD Scanner,Tow Rope.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.