Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Honda Halla Or Golf 3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Halla Or Golf 3 (7604 Views)

Golf 3 Or Golf 4 Or ???????? PLS ADVISE / Toyota Corolla Dx Or Golf 4-pls Advice / Honda Halla Or Golf 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
I AM A LOW INCOME EARNER WHO WANTS A CAR.I AM CONSIDERING VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 3 OR HONDA HALLA.THOUGH I HAVE AVERAGE OF 300K I CAN USE TO PROCURE ANY OF THEM AS I HAVE PRICED THE TWO.BUT I DONT KNOW THE EVERAGE COST OF THE MAINTENANCE OF THE TWO AND FUEL CONSUMPTION AS WELL.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by rollyfemmy: 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
bros pick honda halla....strongest car Honda has ever made.....fuel consumption is also superb..and it's more presentation than golf......
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by spikesC(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
i second that, am driving one for years now and it's superb. Fuel consumption is very ok, you just need to get a good mechanic who knows the car.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Get a halla! With good Maintenance. And regular check ups. The car would last long. I had one for 3 years b4 its was stolen. But get an extra security for the car. Mayb an auto tracker or aleast a pedal lock cos they are very vulnerable.

1 Like

Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
Thanks for the insight every1.my fear is i do travell alot,i need a car that can take me everywhere anytime with less headache.my analysis though,i do see comercial drivers use golf for taxis.i believe its fuel economy is superb and cost of maintenance is ok.i havnt seen any1 use halla for comercials.i dont want to spend money meant for the upkeep of my family on maintenance of a car.pls those who have experience with golf should contribute also.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by baaliyah(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
The most common car in Nigeria today is Golf. Spare parts is cheap and available with low fuel consumption. I used Golf 2 and 3 camry99, now 01 camry and 97 civic. Of all these cars my mind always goes to my Golfs. They are the most rugged, you can fix many things by yourself. HONDA is a wonderful car but Golf is awesome. Even a bad mechanic can fix Golf. Halla is getting out of vogue, parts are getting scarce and Expensive. Earlier posters never used a Golf. VW means PEOPLE'S CAR.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hmmm! i'm getting insight.pls i need more posts from those who have used the two or if u know any1 who gas experience with the the two.
i know halla is more fashionable but i'v seen alot of halla on bad roads whose front wheels dislocate.i'v not seen any golf do that.
if i dont really need a good mechanic to get golf on the road,i need more posts pls.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by spikesC(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
adefash: Hmmm! i'm getting insight.pls i need more posts from those who have used the two or if u know any1 who gas experience with the the two.
i know halla is more fashionable but i'v seen alot of halla on bad roads whose front wheels dislocate.i'v not seen any golf do that.
if i dont really need a good mechanic to get golf on the road,i need more posts pls.

Yes, the main problem i've had with mine is the two front wheels. But the parts are cheap. My halla is an american model, its a front wheel drive, i think thats why the front wheels give the problem just like other cars have problem with there back wheels. Performance is very good too and it has a lot of space compared to the golf
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by daPSYCHO(m): 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
bros, to cut it simple, honda is japanese and Golf is german.....its obvious which of the 2 countries have better engineering pedigree as concerns automobiles.
by Gods grace I shuld be buying my first car soon and it must be a VW Golf 5 GTI

1 Like

Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
I think with these consultations,i"m subscribing for volswagen golf.i still have life lines though!
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by NnamdiChidi(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
my broda i hv driven golf for eight yrs,golf is always d best,fuel economy,cheap parts,second hand value,ruggedness n wat hv u.Halla is out of vogue,i drove honda for seven yrs,u will hate honda wen it is old bc u will regret being born.Once u r a traveller go for golf3 make sure u buy d golf wit 1.8 engine,manual gear bc u will never regret it.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 6:34am On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks alot chidi.i'm grateful for the info.i am finally settling for volkswagen golf 3.i'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 16, 2012
go for Halla cos of cheap maintenance
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
toba: go for Halla cos of cheap maintenance
Thanks toba.i'm grateful for the advice.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by godssonibk: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
My brother go for Golf 3 please...I have a close friend use one for about 3 years, i could remember when we are leaving lagos for ekiti state, he bought fuel of 2k and i bought fuel of 3k in my Tribute (suv), I had to refuel when we get to Ilesha my firend never used half of the 2k fuel he bought from lagos till we got to ekiti..Besides, golf is the most economy car i ever know, it last forever, honda die with the age but golf never die, cheap parts, very low fuel consumption, faster than alla...And little or no issue, infact it is the most dependable car i ever seen, if you travel alot it is good, my friend took it to Maiduguri always and come back with no issues on the road..So funny!!! Which the car have all the other stuffs i want in a car lol..Anyway if you dont want to spend much on a car, i will go for a golf any time anyday...It is good for commercial as well...Forget the alla pls, go for the golf...She will never dissapoint you.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
@godssonibk:thanks for the insight.your friend takes it to maiduguri? whao! 2k worth of fuel from las gidi to ekiti yet fuel remained in its tank?
capital letter WHAO!!!
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by spikesC(m): 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
lol, it now seems like a debate on halla and golf3. well, am talking from experience cos i haven't driven a golf. I asked ma bros too, he's more experienced and knowlegdeable on cars....he said golf3 and yes, that halla is going out of vogue.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by Valto(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2012
Nnamdi Chidi: my broda i hv driven golf for eight yrs,golf is always d best,fuel economy,cheap parts,second hand value,ruggedness n wat hv u.Halla is out of vogue,i drove honda for seven yrs,u will hate honda wen it is old bc u will regret being born.Once u r a traveller go for golf3 make sure u buy d golf with 1.8 engine,manual gear bc u will never regret it.
pls . like how much can i get a sound and clean nigerian used or tokunbo golf3 ?
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
Thanks also to all i have learnt as well
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by daPSYCHO(m): 8:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
u can check www. for pix and prices of golf 3 and 4 and other cars
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by mishooo(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2012
VW Gulf 3 it is. You cant compare a german technology with Honda that cant get something as small as front wheel right in their cars. Gulf is built to last. I have a colleague that has been using his Gulf 3 since 200L (2005) and we are still begging him to get a new car (cos he can afford it).

1 Like

Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by baaliyah(m): 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2012
i believe u will go 4 a golf. Nobody drives a golf and regret. u will like to buy another one. You will fix a lot of things by yourself, you dont need a special mechanic. I still feel like buying a golf 3 or 4. I had rear shock absorber for 5 years in my golf 2. brake pads can be as cheap as N700. Good Sock is N3500 and very strong. cheap parts and easy to fix. every thing is open and simple. High resale value is garanteed.
Golf for ever
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thanks every1.i have subscribed for golf.i will be getting it soon.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by NnamdiChidi(m): 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
u don get am
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by adefash(m): 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nnamdi Chidi: u don get am
Nope.i inspected some this week but not in love with them.the one i saw overshot my budget.i have to reinforce withing 2weeks to get it.do u have any1 to offer me? if u do pls let me know.i cant go for anytin less than CLEAN pls!
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nice
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by peterameh: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2013
please can somebody tell me the fuel consumption of honda academy.i.e kilometer per litre
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by itsmayiela(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2014
@OP, u shudnt be comparing golf3 with halla. I expected u to compare golf2 with halla. Honda halla is 1990 model while golf 3 is 1993-1997.

Have u ever seen anybody use a halla as commercial taxi? No. It can't endure the ruggedity of constant braking and starting. If u need space in ur car, go for halla. If u need fuel economy, cheap maintenance, ruggedity and high resale value, go for golf3.
I have used both
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by chucky234(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2014
A clean Golf 3 goes for about 500k - 550k, why not save up to 580k and get yourself 94/95 Honda accord (bulldog) which is a fuel efficient car and relatively cheap to maintain.
Re: Honda Halla Or Golf 3 by Conductor261: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
itsmayiela:
@OP, u shudnt be comparing golf3 with halla. I expected u to compare golf2 with halla. Honda halla is 1990 model while golf 3 is 1993-1997.

Have u ever seen anybody use a halla as commercial taxi? No. It can't endure the ruggedity of constant braking and starting. If u need space in ur car, go for halla. If u need fuel economy, cheap maintenance, ruggedity and high resale value, go for golf3.
I have used both

(1) (Reply)

20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash / Suzuki Vitara N Nissan Tino, Help Me Out Pls / Toyota Century: Here’s Toyota’s Challenge To Rolls-royce And Bentley...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.