Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message (2161 Views)

American Christians React To Gay Marriage Being Legalized. / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is a videoclip by EX ministries named total recall, showing how they have been deceived and are now waking up to the clarion call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kURU_1eHspY

"Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying , Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman : If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning ; if the sword come , and take him away , his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning ; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul (Ezekiel 33:1-5).
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by logicboy: 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
The fact that they are christians shows that they are not getting the message!
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Jun 17, 2012
logicboy:

The fact that they are christians shows that they are not getting the message!

That's why I wonder what kind of "Christians" they are, could it be for their own convenience?
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU: This is a videoclip by EX ministries named total recall, showing how they have been deceived and are now waking up to the clarion call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kURU_1eHspY

"Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying , Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman : If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning ; if the sword come , and take him away , his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning ; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul (Ezekiel 33:1-5).

The last days are here upon us. Folks, wake up!
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
Rev. William Owens, President of the Coalition of African-American Pastors speaks out on CNN on the first of August 2012 against Obama's same sex marriage support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50uIgn1bfiw

He says Obama is sold out to the people who put him in power and that he is looking for money from the LGBT.

This coalition is focussing on the great evil Obama is doing and that they are a non partisan group.

Thank God that the African American Christians are now waking up to the deception that they had earlier swallowed.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by JeSoul(f): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
I can't watch the video now, but I don't trust anything that comes from Ex-Ministries. Their reputation precedes them quite nicely.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
JeSoul: I can't watch the video now, but I don't trust anything that comes from Ex-Ministries. Their reputation precedes them quite nicely.

Thank you for this balanced and well informed comment.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
frosbel:

Thank you for this balanced and well informed comment.

What is balanced and well informed? She admitted that she hasn't watched the videoclip but concluded that it's not to be trusted, is this what you call informed comment?
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by JeSoul(f): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What is balanced and well informed? She admitted that she hasn't watched the videoclip but concluded that it's not to be trusted, is this what you call informed comment?
Correction - I concluded Ex-Ministries is not to be trusted - not the video. They are known for their sensationalist beliefs.

Frosbel, anti-trinity warrior, how body now?
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
JeSoul: Correction - I concluded Ex-Ministries is not to be trusted - not the video. They are known for their sensationalist beliefs.

Frosbel, anti-trinity warrior, how body now?

I don't see the difference between Ex-Ministries and the videoclip on Ex-Ministries, they are all the same to me.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Black Pastors furious with Obama over gay marriage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB5ECWgHXgs

Published on 31 Jul 2012 by LSUDVM

Today at the National Press Club in Washington DC, a group of Black clergy spoke out in opposition to Obama's stance on same sex marriage. They are launching a nationwide campaign to raise awareness about the issue and are calling on Black Americans to withdraw their support from BHO. Their mission is to save the family.

BHO had previously announced his support of gay marriage and the issue will part of the Democratic Platform come convention time.

Rev. William Owens, President and Founder of the Coalition of African-American Pastors was very vocal and harsh words for BHO. The pastors had requested a meeting with Obama and Holder to discuss the issue of gay marriage. Obama has not responded in any fashion. Obama has ignored the Black community and is taking them for granted because he [Obama] feels they are in his pocket. He goes on to talk about all the issues facing the Black community including education, high crime in the black community and high unemployment in the Black community. Instead Obama and the Left has chosen a path that involves the Liberal Hollywood elite, Gay and Lesbians and Big Money Donors while ignoring the Black Community that helped Obama ride to victory in 2008. He goes on to rip the President, criticizing him for bowing to Big Money. He is concerned about the destruction of family and religion. He is sharply critical of Blacks giving the President a free pass because he [Obama] is black. He wants BHO to admit he made a mistake with regards to his support of gay marriage.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by EvilBrain1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
Rev. William Owens, President and Founder of the Coalition of African-American Pastors was very vocal and harsh words for BHO. The pastors had requested a meeting with Obama and Holder to discuss the issue of gay marriage. Obama has not responded in any fashion. Obama has ignored the Black community and is taking them for granted because he [Obama] feels they are in his pocket. He goes on to talk about all the issues facing the Black community including education, high crime in the black community and high unemployment in the Black community. Instead Obama and the Left has chosen a path that involves the Liberal Hollywood elite, Gay and Lesbians and Big Money Donors while ignoring the Black Community that helped Obama ride to victory in 2008.

This Obama guy did the same thing to me. I too helped to drum up support for him back in 1998, but then I requested a meeting with him 2 weeks ago about when I'd be allowed to marry his older daughter, Malia and he hasn't responded in any fashion. The guy just uses people and dumps them after he's finished. Wicked man!

But seriously, what is up with Christians and their obsession with controlling where other people put their d!cks? I don't understand it. So what if gay people want to live together, share income and inherit each other's property? How does it affect you? Its not as if they're trying to force everybody to gay marry. If you don't like it, then just go about your business and pretend it doesn't exist.

Frankly I'll be very suspicious about anybody who gets hot and bothered about this homosexuality issue. After all, the old testament bans tattoos, shaving the sides of your head and mixing cotton and polyester in the same shirt and you don't see people ranting about any of that on YouTube. The fact that you're so interested in what's happening in gay people's bedrooms strongly suggests to me that you're queer yourself.

Why don't you guys just focus on humping your own wife/girlfriend/photo of Genevieve Nnaji and leave the homos alone.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by ijawkid(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2012
Ola you are kinda obsessed with this obama gay sanction issue...

What would ypu have expceted him to do in a democratic system of government....

Is it not what the people want,so long as it doesn't encroach on the personal lives and rights of others that He(obama) will sanction??

Is his form of government theocracy??

Is the bible the constitution of the U.S.A??

You sound like america is like isreal of old where Yahweh appointed kings and gave them stern directions through the laws He(Yahweh) gave them.......

The earlier u start knowing that obama is not running a theocratic system of government the better........

Just leave him and let him do what pleases the people....

After all that's what democracy is....
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2012
ijawkid: Ola you are kinda obsessed with this obama gay sanction issue...

What would ypu have expceted him to do in a democratic system of government....

Is it not what the people want,so long as it doesn't encroach on the personal lives and rights of others that He(obama) will sanction??

Is his form of government theocracy??

Is the bible the constitution of the U.S.A??

You sound like america is like isreal of old where Yahweh appointed kings and gave them stern directions through the laws He(Yahweh) gave them.......

The earlier u start knowing that obama is not running a theocratic system of government the better........

Just leave him and let him do what pleases the people....

After all that's what democracy is....

Ola is an extremist, instead of praying for leaders as the bible admonishes us to do ,he is now on the bandwagon of those who slander , defame and ridicule the president.

" I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” -1 Timothy 2:1-3
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by Callotti: 1:40am On Sep 30, 2012
Nairaland Christians finally got the message too!
Sticking to themselves. . .
Instead of being nauseatingly intrusive and arrogant!
The hunter has become the vanquished 'hAUNted'!
Haba!

Survival of the fitest!
Nigerian Christians. . .when are you gonna get the 'message' of the 'UNHOLY GRAIL'? grin
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by vedaxcool(m): 3:44am On Sep 30, 2012
I can't help but laugh at what I will call uncommon sense (yes the sort of sense that places the cart before the horse). First Obama seemed to be muslim, now he seems more gay than straight. it bothers one how Nigeria Christians will buy every Id$ocity hurled at them by the Christian right of America, this same right invented the chip implant conspiracy where they claim Obama intends to implant a chip bla bla bla. But what remains pathetic is that Ola and his ilks would prefer supporting mitt who knows how to relate with black people because his grandfather owned slaves. Now, extend the rope downwards and see how he will relate with you guys. More importantly Obama as the president cannot sit in the white house and make laws, so the real focus should always be what the for - sale - america congress would do if presented such laws to make, your guess is as good as mine . . . Maybe if you supported the green party then somehow we would take seriously. But playing this sort of low brow politics of ignorance will get you nowhere.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Obama's gay marriage support a 'slap in the face of black clergy'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlzzFVQfEiI

Published on 29 May 2012 by TheDailyCallerVideo

Bishop Harry Jackson, senior pastor at Hope Christian Church, is leading a coalition of 176 religious leaders against President Barack Obama's declared support for gay marriage and the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act. By Nicholas Ballasy

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/25/religious-leader-obamas-gay-marriage-suppor...
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
African American pastor calls for blacks to end "slavish devotion to the Democrat Party"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi_KaZ53eDg

When African Americans realized how much they have been used by the Democrats and the progressives to maintain their power they would be outraged. The left continues to celebrate Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood and known racist, and most don't know her true history. Sanger even said that progressives needed to recruit African American preachers to convince blacks to be on their side.

Sanger wrote:

[We propose to] hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

"When this thing really starts to take off it's over for the Democrats," he said.

This is not about race but righteousness, it's not about Party but principles.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by mazaje(m): 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Stop listening to the right wing nut jobs OLAADEGBU. It seems you are one of the many Dinesh D'Souza we have out there. . . .Pathetic
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
mazaje:

Stop listening to the right wing nut jobs OLAADEGBU. It seems you are one of the many Dinesh D'Souza we have out there. . . .Pathetic

Is it true that the "right wings nut jobs" are really racists?

Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by vedaxcool(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^

You have never heard of house slave? and Rev. Martin luther king was not a Republican I don't know why you placed his picture there

Public stance on political parties

As the leader of the SCLC, King maintained a policy of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."[30]

In a 1958 interview, he expressed his view that neither party was perfect, saying, "I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."[31]

King critiqued both parties' performance on promoting racial equality:

Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^

You have never heard of house slave? and Rev. Martin luther king was not a Republican I don't know why you placed his picture there

His niece believes otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZWXmoC5CYw

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican as was affirmed by his niece, Dr. Alveda C. King
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by vedaxcool(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
His niece vs his words in writing which do we take?

I think his words have more weight than whatever his Niece thinks.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by onetrack(m): 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
MLK jr lived during the transition of blacks from the Republican to the Democratic Party. He was probably a Republican during his early life, but certainly by the 1960s he was a Democrat thanks to Kennedy and more importantly Johnson. This is true of many blacks in the south, as the Democratic Party in the south represented the white supremacists. This changed when the northern Democrats began to support civil rights. Then the Republicans began wooing white southerners, who left the Democratic Party and became Republicans, where they are today.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2012
onetrack:

MLK jr lived during the transition of blacks from the Republican to the Democratic Party. He was probably a Republican during his early life, but certainly by the 1960s he was a Democrat thanks to Kennedy and more importantly Johnson. This is true of many blacks in the south, as the Democratic Party in the south represented the white supremacists. This changed when the northern Democrats began to support civil rights. Then the Republicans began wooing white southerners, who left the Democratic Party and became Republicans, where they are today.

This CNN report tends to agree with what you said here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHpPMIJt8KY
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Oct 04, 2012
African Americans don't know their political history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Y_2jJ5tYc

Close Upgrade to the latest Flash Player for improved playback performance. Upgrade now or more info.
1,778 Like Add to Share Loading... Sign in or sign up now! Loading... There is no Interactive Transcript.
Uploaded by whatthingssoever on 6 Dec 2009

Bishop Robert E Smith Sr, founder and Sr Pastor of Word of Outreach Christian Center in Little Rock, AR, gives a little history lesson about politics at the close of the 5 Star Celebration of Sister Johnnie Pugh in Little Rock, AR. All Black politicians were Republicans during the reconstruction until White Democrats and the KKK used intemidation on Blacks to change their political party and vote for Democrats or be lynched and further oppressed. Bishop Smith asserts that he is neither a Democrat nor a Republican but a Christocrat who votes for those who best represent his conservative moral Christian views.

This goes a long way in explaining why most African Americans vote the way they vote.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On Oct 04, 2012
KKK Democrats Lynching Killing Black & White 'Radical Republicans'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bEOiDjdhF4

Uploaded by FastingOnClowns on 13 May 2009

The Klu Klux Klan was founded as a Democrat proxy group. Many black Americans served in the U.S. Goverment in the 1800's and beyond as part of the "Radical Republican" party. In 1912 the 'Progressive' Democrat, President Woodrow Wilson instituted racial segregation into the Federal Government. Many blacks were subsequently pushed out of the Federal Government.

More on Woodrow Wilson:
Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856February 3, 1924) was the 28th President of the United States and a devout Democrat. Wilson was a Presbyterian and 'intellectual elite' of 'Progressive' idea and policies, he served as President of Princeton University from 1902 to 1910, where he denied entrance to black Americans. Wilson was elected President as a Democrat in 1912. Early in his first term, he instituted racial segregation in the federal government. Wilson worked with a Democratic Majority Congress to pass major 'progressive' legislation that included the Federal Trade Commission, the Clayton Antitrust Act, the Federal Farm Loan Act, America's first-ever federal 'progressive' income tax in the Revenue Act of 1913 and most notably the Federal Reserve Act. It was the Federal Reserve Act that privatized much of The Federal Reserve and some say took oversight of the monetary system of The United States away from the people.

The new Democrats represent Institutionalized Racism. The strategies of Saul Alinksy and Cloward-Priven enacted through pawns like Willie Lynch have degraded and demoralized the black community.

This documentary throws more light into the Republican/democrat saga and explains the reason for the switch. Watch what part the KKK played and what political party wing they belonged to in this exciting documentary.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
BLACK PREACHERS SPEAK OUT AGAINST PRESIDENT OBAMA'S LGBT STANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CyaceWMnoo
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
CNN: Pastor Tony Evans 'Disappointed' by Obama's Gay Marriage Support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9y7JaaSom8
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
E. W. Jackson: EXODUS NOW! Blacks, Christians, Godly must leave the Democrat Party!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfrd8vRBla4

This American pastor of African descent is finally saying it as it really is. That African Americans and Jewish Christians should make an exodus from the Democrat party that is treating them like 'Pavlov's dogs' when it comes to the time of election. He says that should not allow themselves to be used as pawns in their political game. He says that the Democrat party has made a bold declaration against the Christian faith by including 'Same sex marriage' into their policies and this is a slap in the face to the people of faith.
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
Bishop E.W. Jackson Message to Christians: Exodus Now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrcmTjijRS8
Re: African American Christians Are Finally Getting The Message by pastormustwacc: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
EVERYONE SHOULD PLEASE WATCH THAT VIDEO.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is It Written In The Bible That Young Girls Should Not Date A Married Men / Register Your Church/mosque/religious Group With CAC / Beware Of Religious Leaders And Their Serpent Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.