Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer (760 Views)

What Is The Best Way For A Freelancer In Nigeria To Receive Payments? / How To Hire A Freelancer For Your Website / Get Jobs Online: Plato-platinum..com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2012
Hello, fellow webmasters!
I am planning to start looking for jobs as a freelancer, but i dont know how to start. I understand i need things like proposals, business id, e.t.c. but i dont know which one comes first. Whether to submit proposals first or to submit request for quotes 2 any organization i see around first. I'll so much appreciate if u guys can help me out. I am very good in xhtml,css, php/mysql. Your response will so much be apperciated
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 16, 2012
to b candid, its not easy being a freelance there are gonna be lots of days when projects are not forth-coming,but if that's what you decide, first of all, you need to let people know your work and have card or a website or a portfolio,at times you might do some freebies just to get traction, always be on the lookout at forums, or social networks for people asking for web development. and my best advice don't ever under-charge and keep working on something even though you have no client. i wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by databoy247(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2012
@OP, where are u based? Anyway, like he said, get a portfolio (sample website) do your biz cards and share amongst your peeps. Always start sharing your cards among your friends, family friends and relations. They are quicker to recommend you for a job.
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by DualCore1: 9:56am On Jun 16, 2012
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks so much, dudes. I'm already workin on my online portfolio. But the challenge i'm havin now is how to write a proposal. Pls, i nid a guide...even if i can get a sample. Tnx once again.
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by DualCore1: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
I can't give you the template I use because its unique and it wont be nice for an employer to see 2 proposals looking so alike.

The link I posted above contains a template.

In my experience employers like a very detailed template that shows them why they will be making a big mistake if they don't hire you for the job. On several occasions employers reply my proposals thanking me for the detailed nature of the proposal and its breakdown.

So dont write a proposal saying...

I can get this job done for you, see www.example.com where I did something similar. Thanks.

That won't always work.
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Apart from proposal you should also have a Request Form, you can go to my site and copy the format after all i also did the same. but my advice have something that brings in cash like a steady job because i do freelance totally once in a while i get some big jobs but most time its not easy. what i do now is become a freelancer to other programmers as well.
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Freelancer by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
@all. Tnx guyz... U r friendz indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Bulk SMS @ 99kobo/unit [any Volume] / You Can Make Money Using Blogger And Websites - Get Help Here! / Are Nigerian Bloggers Sleeping Giants ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.