Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Help On SQL!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On SQL!!! (1306 Views)

Help Out! On SQL INJECTION / Video Tutorials On SQL, For Free / Do You Have A Question On Sql? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On SQL!!! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Please, what else do I need apart from ebooks to study/practice SQL?
Re: Help On SQL!!! by okeyxyz(m): 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
You need a database engine to actually practice on. Mysql is free, but it seems your mind is set on oracle.
Re: Help On SQL!!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
If i get d oracle database,will i be able to practice with it using SQL?
okeyxyz: You need a database engine to actually practice on. Mysql is free, but it seems your mind is set on oracle.
Re: Help On SQL!!! by okeyxyz(m): 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
yup!! no problemo.
yes!
Re: Help On SQL!!! by Bams95: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
Oracle Database is good for SQL practice,because it comes with sample shemas.i will recommend to you to start with oracle on Linux Os.if u need the required linux distribution for the installation of Oracle database,and oracle software 10/11g,u can mail me.i can also help u with d installation of d linux OS and the database software on youq machine.
Re: Help On SQL!!! by Maleeq(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2012
Bams95: Oracle Database is good for SQL practice,because it comes with sample shemas.i will recommend to you to start with oracle on Linux Os.if u need the required linux distribution for the installation of Oracle database,and oracle software 10/11g,u can mail me.i can also help u with d installation of d linux OS and the database software on youq machine.
For a starter, don't you think running on linux is a bit advanced?

@OP
You could download the Oracle Express Edition for Windows from the Oracle website. Its a lighter version of the RDBMS but is sufficient for all your SQL or PL/SQL practice needs. Installation is a breeze: just click and follow the prompts till the end. (This isn't the case with oracle on linux installation)
Re: Help On SQL!!! by delomos(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
you might find this helpful too: http://sqlfiddle.com/
Re: Help On SQL!!! by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
Soyedele1: Pls,wht else do I need apart frm ebooks to study/practice SQL?

A Book? Are there no libraries out there?
Re: Help On SQL!!! by delomos(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A Book? Are there no libraries out there?

It's good to at least know some SQL basics before using libraries that abstract it.
Re: Help On SQL!!! by okeyxyz(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
delomos: you might find this helpful too: http://sqlfiddle.com/

nice tool, thx for sharing.
Re: Help On SQL!!! by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Jun 23, 2012
delomos:

It's good to at least know some SQL basics before using libraries that abstract it.
Libraries that abstract what? What are you talking about? I asked if all he has access to are ebooks, and you come in about some libraries that abstract what?
Re: Help On SQL!!! by IronFist(m): 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
@OP: If you are bent on using Oracle, you download Oracle XE (Express Edition)

Check this link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/express-edition/overview/index.html

It is free to use without the hassles of a license too
Re: Help On SQL!!! by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 25, 2012
Thanks so much bro

(1) (Reply)

. / Android Studio Introduction - Connect To A Group Chat Via Android - Beginners / Want To Convert Vb.net App To Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.