Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Bloomberg Institute: The Bloomberg Assessment Test - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bloomberg Institute: The Bloomberg Assessment Test (1445 Views)

Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. / Pls Help, What Is Airtel Online Assessment Test For Legal Admin Like / Shell Job Assessment Test Result Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloomberg Institute: The Bloomberg Assessment Test by worldz(m): 10:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard about the Bloomberg Institute and its assessment test? They claim the test provides a leverage for employers to make recruitment decisions regarding candidates for the financial services sector worldwide.

They are coming to my school here in Nigera this June to conduct the Bloomberg Assessment Test. I will like to know how relevant they are in the Nigeran terrain? Has anyone taken this test before? Do employers here in Nigeria recognize this test as being relevant in their employment decisions?

Answers to these questions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: Bloomberg Institute: The Bloomberg Assessment Test by tanimola22: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
worldz: Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard about the Bloomberg Institute and its assessment test? They claim the test provides a leverage for employers to make recruitment decisions regarding candidates for the financial services sector worldwide.

They are coming to my school here in Nigera this June to conduct the Bloomberg Assessment Test. I will like to know how relevant they are in the Nigeran terrain? Has anyone taken this test before? Do employers here in Nigeria recognize this test as being relevant in their employment decisions?

Answers to these questions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just do your best but don't attach too much importance to it. There are many people who have done the same test but are yet to hear anything even after several months or years of taking it. It's good though that Bloomberg will be taking the employment campaign to your school. I only know them to do such things at schools in Europe and/or America, Asia.

About the test, well their claims are correct. Scores from your school will join the pool of scores already in their database. Interested employers have access to this database and may call up any candidate whose profile and score look interesting. Furthermore, it is not an impossibility that Bloomberg may have some links with naija financial institutions. You just may never know. That's why it is good to do your best on the test day.

For preparation, try to be very time conscious and jack valuation theory very well. Also jack equity and debt financing as well as all these ratios and present value stuff. Just jack general finance and some accounting and economics. The assessment tries to test the knowledge of finance you have acquired over your years of studies. So, in a sense, it is cumulative.

I will leave you to tell us the outcome of the test in some days.

T22.

2 Likes

Re: Bloomberg Institute: The Bloomberg Assessment Test by worldz(m): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks man! Will keep you guys posted!

(1) (Reply)

Airforce Dssc Short Service Recruitment / Is It Possible To Do An Online Course In Nigeria? / How To Become A Pilot, Who Knows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.