Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? (11244 Views)

Asus Eee Pc X101ch - 10.1" - Atom N2600 - Windows 7 Starter 32-bit.08145840520. / How Can I Activate My Windows 7 Starter Edition / Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Emmyk(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2012
Dunno why the operatin system's version's so. Any tip?
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Maleeq(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2012
Sorry mate, but you cannot change the background image in the Starter edition of Window 7.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by tessyade: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
Maleeq: Sorry mate, but you cannot change the background image in the Starter edition of Window 7.
You are right.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
Emmyk: Dunno why the operating system's version's so. Any tip?
You have to install a higher version of windows7, without formatting your system (you won't lose any of your files).
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by slex(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
you cant, you have to install another windows
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by spicyhoney(f): 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Been trying to change mine too since forever. . .

1 Like

Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Ninilowo(m): 6:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
It is imossible with window 7 starter. you need to change to window 7 ultimate or window 7 professional. all d best dearie.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by callycarl: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
To change the desktop background, u'll have to run windows anytime upgrade on ur pc. It normally requires a license key. After running it, up pc will b upgraded to windows 7 ultimate n u can enjoy all d benefits of windows 7 ultimate.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by DMatrix: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
Go to this site http://winaero.com/download.php?view.3 and click download down the page. Run the setup file downloaded and just follow the prompts. At the end to change ur desktop, just right click on your desktop and click on personalize...all the best wink

1 Like

Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Showlay(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
I thought is only my system.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by funshint(m): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
@OP just follow wat akereconfi said. 9ce 1 akere!
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by funshint(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
But chk if 'ur sys. is 32 or 64 bits. If upgrade is nt effected den it means d code is nt meant 4 'ur system. Just go to Youtube, u'll get d correct upgrade key to windows ultimate 4 'ur system(32 or 64bits). Cheers!
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
Men dis thread Is da bomb! ¶ was beginnin τ̅o hate my lappy because of dis ish.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
It can't be changed. The only option is to upgrade to higher version.

1 Like

Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by lifestyle1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
femojie: It can't be changed. The only option is to upgrade to higher version.

It can be changed undecided
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by denzel2009: 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
why would someone use this OS that is meant for retardss
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by lifestyle1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
funshint:
Its best to upgrade so as to unleash all d other features of windows 7!

Original Windows 7 Professional is expensive therefore Genuine windows 7 Starter edition that came with the laptop is better than a cracked windows 7 professional.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by bigl: 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
U can upgrade d windows starter to home edition using windows anytime upgrade keys.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by seighapaul(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Dominic09: 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
Maleeq: Sorry mate, but you cannot change the background image in the Starter edition of Window 7.
just upgrade
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by alienware(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
Keep a back up of all ur files,drivers and applications in an external hard disk & then update to windows ultimate or whatever. If u update and forget to keep a backup,then u will lose ur drivers and app, but remember u can restore ur computer to an earlier time (the way it is when u bought it ) i update mine and my bluetooth stopped working,i tried dowloading the drivers for my bluetooth bt it didnt work . Who can help me with dat ?
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by tuby(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
DMatrix: Go to this site http://winaero.com/download.php?view.3 and click download down the page. Run the setup file downloaded and just follow the prompts. At the end to change ur desktop, just right click on your desktop and click on personalize...all the best wink

I tried this and it worked for me. Thanks
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by akereconfi: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
funshint: @OP just follow wat akereconfi said. 9ce 1 akere!

phankz @ funshint
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by akereconfi: 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Guys.....if u run that Windows Upgrade Software on ya PC....u will loose all ur drivers, n ur bluetooth aint gona work. N if u go tu My Computer n click system properties...ur system rating will drop by 3 score.....Poor Video performance n others. Just Upgrade it wf d license key as I said earlier..........
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by LeJeun3: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]You could use tuneup 2010upwards to change d background of your desktop! :DYou could use tuneup 2010upwards to change d background of your desktop!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Antics / Laptops That Can Play Fifa N Pes Games Smoothly / Solved: .net 4 Install Error Hresult 0xc8000247

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.