Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 (13936 Views)

Euro 2012: Croatia Vs Spain(0 - 1) On 18th June 2012 Group C / Euro 2012: Denmark Vs Portugal (2 - 3) Group B Match: On 13th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Czech Republic Vs Poland (1 - 0) On 16th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by fredoooooo: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2012
ochukoccna: How come with the exception of Ireland, the PIGS nations which have brought so much financial heartache to Europe are giving out so much footballing joy? shocked shocked shocked shocked

its not by money but talent,loyalty, commitment and skills
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by ochukoccna: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:
Final whistle. The Dutch out. Aging squad. Evidently peaked in South Africa. New coach to rebuild. End of an era for many. We might not see the likes of Robben and De Jong again.
Are the Dutch as old as the Italians?
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by mikuz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
This dutch team shockingly lacked confidence and accuracy in front of goal. Missed the likes of van brockhurst,bommel and kuyt.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
chic2pimp:

What a silly excuse
So u are now blaming tiredness for his performance in the tournament so far right?

Yes. Almost singlehandedly kept the gunners in europe playing in the longest league in europe. He is clearly tired and jaded. I give him the benefit of a doubt.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by ochukoccna: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
fredoooooo:

its not by money but talent,loyalty, commitment and skills
I agree but you need luck too
Was Russia not skillful& talented? shocked shocked shocked
Were the Poles not loyal? embarassed embarassed
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Abubakree: 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
And yez,CR7 has done it.becoming d first potuguese player to score in 5 major tournaments.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by mikuz(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:

Yes. Almost singlehandedly kept the gunners in europe playing in the longest league in europe. He is clearly tired and jaded. I give him the benefit of a doubt.
@bold
what do you mean? Epl is the longest league in Europe? Guy where do you get your stats from?
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:

Bendtner plays in the same league

Ashley Cole played up till the CL final yet he didnt complain of tiredness.

Ronaldo played the CL semi scoring over 60 goals for his team yet didnt complain about fatique
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2012
ochukoccna:
Are the Dutch as old as the Italians?

No but the first teams is too old for the system of dutch play - total football. Mass defence, quick breaks. All ten outfielders in constant motion. What we saw throughout the tourney was a disjointed team. The midfield not attacking quickly, the midfield not falling back quickly. That is not dutch football. That was why Van Bommel was removed but it is apparent the age rot goes deeper.

Italy on the other hand attacks with a single striker most times, maintains its midfield shape and hardly attacks through its full backs. You don't need legs for that but a deck chair and cream soda.

They don't just play the same way.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
mikuz:
@bold
what do you mean? Epl is the longest league in Europe? Guy where do you get your stats from?

Yes it is. 38 matches. No break. Check your facts.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
fredoooooo:

you dey mind dem

dayokanu:

Ronaldo who played the CL semi wasnt overused, Gomez who played the CL final wasnt overused, it was RvP who had crashed out since February in all competitions that was overused

Me sef don tire oooo.
Same ol' tired,lazy and worn out excuses everything.
Blame everyone but not the player himself.
Which kain wuruwuru arguement be dat?

Reference:

Almost singlehandedly wrecked their chances of progressing any further you mean?.....

Abeg stop with this lame and worn out excuses you lot are giving. He is not tired and neither is he jaded he simply did not perform that's all.
Ronaldo played week in week out for Madrid I don't hear him complain about tiredness. Or is it the same tiredness you would blame for his numerous spurned chances in this tournament?
Also i'm not giving him any benefit of doubt the same way I'm also not giving Robben any Benefit of doubt.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Bendtner plays in the same league

Ashley Cole played up till the CL final yet he didnt complain of tiredness.

Ronaldo played the CL semi scoring over 60 goals for his team yet didnt complain about fatique

Van Persie has never played this long since he joined Arsenal moreso with the weight of expectations on his shoulders particularly after christmas to get Arsenal from where they were to contending for europe. That takes a lot. You simply cannot compare the responsibilities he carried viz the resources around him with Ronaldo, Bendtner or Cole. Moreso he's not used to it.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by mikuz(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:

Yes it is. 38 matches. No break. Check your facts.
guy you well so? Which facts huh? Almost all the leagues in europe play 38 matches !
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2012
David Silva has scored 1 goal and made 2 assists in this tournament yet he plays in the same EPL without any break. His team Man Citeh was the champion and in contention till the last day

Van persie already crashed out of all competition by March yet we still claim he was tired
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
chic2pimp:

Me sef don tire oooo.
Same ol' tired,lazy and worn out excuses everything.
Blame everyone but not the player himself.
Which kain wuruwuru arguement be dat?

Almost singlehandedly wrecked their chances of progressing any further you mean?.....

Abeg stop with this lame and worn out excuses you lot are giving. He is not tired and neither is he jaded he simply did not perform that's all.
Ronaldo played week in week out for Madrid I don't hear him complain about tiredness. Or is it the same tiredness you would blame for his numerous spurned chances in this tournament?
Also i'm not giving him any benefit of doubt the same way I'm also not giving Robben any Benefit of doubt.

Don't you realise that sometimes these athletes find it difficult to put themselves in the right frame of mind to play at their optimum level everytime. Exactly what are you saying. That he is a bad player or has lost form or what.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
mikuz: guy you well so? Which facts huh? Almost all the leagues in europe play 38 matches !

Oga. The EPL and SPL has no winter break. They play from August till May. Most commentators and foreign managers have complained it affects the national team. Surely you've heard the debate.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:

Don't you realise that sometimes these athletes find it difficult to put themselves in the right frame of mind to play at their optimum level everytime. Exactly what are you saying. That he is a bad player or has lost form or what.

Is he a bad player?NO!......Definitely one of the world's best strikers(in the top 3) on club form.
Has he underperformed in this tournament?....Yes! Massively

It is in Tournaments like the Worldcup and European championships we've been able to seperate Great Players from mere Great Club Players
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:

The other players performing at the tournament, ar they not athletes?

Van persie is an average striker and a choker in major tournaments below are his records in major tournament

World cup 2006 played 4 games 336 mins and scored 1 goal

Euro 2008 Played 4 games 228 mins scored 2 goals

World cup 2010 played 7 whole games played 600 min and scored 1 goal shocked

Euro 2012 played 3 games 270 mins and scored 1 goal

So he is always tired and fatiqued every tournament?

4 goals almost 1400mins of tournament football? Whats the excuse
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
chic2pimp:

Is he a bad player?NO!......Definitely one of the world's best strikers(in the top 3) on club form.
Has he underperformed in this tournament?....Yes! Massively

It is in Tournaments like the Worldcup and European championships we've been able to seperate Great Players from mere Great Club Players

To rate a striker as top 3 in the world he needs just one good season?

FYI this is the first season he is scoring more than 20 league goals.

This season is the anomaly Van poussie is a mediocre striker. Period
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2012
dayokanu: David Silva has scored 1 goal and made 2 assists in this tournament yet he plays in the same EPL without any break. His team Man Citeh was the champion and in contention till the last day

Van persie already crashed out of all competition by March yet we still claim he was tired

That's why Wenger is always berated as having a wafer thin bench low on quality. Half way through the season Silva experienced a similar slump and Nasri was there. If VP has copped an injury or something Arsenal won't have made the top three. They were lucky.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Okay, I can see where this is heading. Well I don't do ratings. The PFA, EPL, UEFA or FIFA are better placed.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
dayokanu:

If we are going by his Current form(Club Form alone) he is definitely in the Top Three.

However If we add International Form to the list, then it's a different situation altogether.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by Reference(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
dayokanu:

The other players performing at the tournament, ar they not athletes?

Van persie is an average striker and a choker in major tournaments below are his records in major tournament

World cup 2006 played 4 games 336 mins and scored 1 goal

Euro 2008 Played 4 games 228 mins scored 2 goals

World cup 2010 played 7 whole games played 600 min and scored 1 goal shocked

Euro 2012 played 3 games 270 mins and scored 1 goal

So he is always tired and fatiqued every tournament?

4 goals almost 1400mins of tournament football? Whats the excuse

I don't follow those stats because quite frankly they don't tell much. Perhaps he is not such a good national team player. It happens. I mean I don't know of any player that replicates his club and country form to the last stat and versa. Comparing club and country is like apples and oranges quite frankly.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2012
Reference:

I don't follow those stats because quite frankly they don't tell much. Perhaps he is not such a good national team player. It happens. I mean I don't know of any player that replicates his club and country form to the last stat and versa. Comparing club and country is like apples and oranges quite frankly.

He has scored over 20 league goals just once in his career . So where is he good, club or country
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
chic2pimp:

If we are going by his Current form(Club Form alone) he is definitely in the Top Three.

However If we add International Form to the list, then it's a different situation altogether.

Current club form also puts Pappis.Cisse as the best.

Were you not the one arguing Mario Gomez who has done season after season both in league and CL isnt top 3? And now says a striker who has one good season in the league (not even CL is top 3)
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2012
dayokanu:

Current club form also puts Pappis.Cisse as the best.

Were you not the one arguing Mario Gomez who has done season after season both in league and CL isnt top 3? And now says a striker who has one good season in the league (not even CL is top 3)

Pappis Cisse as of now is a good striker nothing more. Still not the average striker u claim Van Persie Is.

Yes and my reasons for that still stands. He simply Misses far too many chances compared to how many he actually scores.
The CL Finals proved me right.
Saying he is not in the world's top three is totally different from me calling him average.
Anyways you'll find most of my point was in relation to the article that Labelled him the world's best.

Now Back to Van Persie, he is at worst a Good Striker. And we all he is much better than that.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by toluxa1(m): 12:37am On Jun 18, 2012
Bye Holland

Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by folahann(m): 12:50am On Jun 18, 2012
You guys are crucifying Van Persie like he's the whole of Holland. He is that important. The way you're talking is like the whole team was playing well except Persie. What happened to Robben, Sneidjer, Afellay, VDV etc why couldn't they put up the performance they gave their respective clubs. What of the defenders that were conceding the goals that eliminate them? Persie is to blame for that too.

Look, Van Persie had a poor tourney just like the whole Dutch team. Mind you he scored half of the team's goals at the competition.
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by mumento007: 1:38am On Jun 18, 2012
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Jun 18, 2012
chic2pimp:

Pappis Cisse as of now is a good striker nothing more. Still not the average striker u claim Van Persie Is.

Yes and my reasons for that still stands. He simply Misses far too many chances compared to how many he actually scores.
The CL Finals proved me right.
Saying he is not in the world's top three is totally different from me calling him average.
Anyways you'll find most of my point was in relation to the article that Labelled him the world's best.

Now Back to Van Persie, he is at worst a Good Striker. And we all he is much better than that.

How many clear chances did Ronaldo miss vs Denmark?

How many did Van Persie miss in this tourney?
If van persie had buried half of the chances he got, Arsenal would have tied Milan, Holland would have beaten Denmark, and Germany at least. Gomez scored 42 goals all season, so if he wasnt missing chances he woulda scored 200?
Re: Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 by mamagee3(f): 3:58am On Jun 18, 2012
Ronaldo buried both netherlands and his haters!!!!

I can't stop laughing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ajax Vs Liverpool UCL (0 - 3) On 26th October 2022 / Newcastle Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On February 2, 2013 / Anderlecht Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) On 13th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.