Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? (1374 Views)

Ladies Stop Pushing Your Stomach To Your Bum (photo) / How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) / Are Medical Contact Lenses Really Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by PrettyCindy(f): 2:23am On Jun 18, 2012
I have this feeling that while washing the bum with water after toileting may be good and most preferred method by some people/tribe, it may not be safe and can even serve as an avenue for the spread of diseases like cholera and others. The reason why i say this is because feacal matter can be trapped under the fingernail and, lodge there for several days unless the person washes his/her hand thoroughly with soap and water. Sadly its from here that the person if suffering from any ailment that can be transmitted via faecal - oral route spreads such disease.
Personally, i love the good old tissue paper method.
Re: Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by candylips(m): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
shocked
Re: Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by Ivynwa(f): 2:03am On Jul 03, 2012
If you are at home or where there's a bathroom and you can afford to shower, there's nothing wrong with smelling fresh and nice after easing yourself. Germs can't hide in your nails and stuffs if you showered thoroughly and washed yourself clean.
While at work/ outside the home using Tissue is good, a wet wipe is perfect or wetting the tissue before cleaning up with it. Women should be wet wiping, it feels clean to wet wipe even after urinating, that way you are left with no unclean smell.

I think I understand what you mean, you are referring to people that watch themselves with cups of water after using the rest room. I think I agree with you, messing around that area with a little quantity of water without taking time to wash the hand very clean is not the best.
Re: Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by PrettyCindy(f): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2012
@iv, its the wet wipe you are referring to same thing as baby wipe. If its the same, then you have a point. Its much better to clean with a wet wipe which will remove all traces of waste than dried tissue paper.
Re: Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by Ivynwa(f): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Yeah, stuffs like that. I had a colleague that was using that baby wipe as her wet wipe. There are ones that adult use like Cottonelle and Swipes etc though some people use them for different purposes that are not just toiletries and if you don't want to spend on it you can easily make a wet wipe by rolling a ball of tissue paper and wetting it under the restroom sink tap and viola you are fresh and nice.

It has been advised that one avoid wet wipes and baby wipes that contain methylchloroisothiazolinone (MCI) as some skins react to that.
Re: Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by eyu1204: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2012
I think I understand what you mean, you are referring to people that watch themselves with cups of water after using the rest room. I think I agree with you, messing around that area with a little quantity of water without taking time to wash the hand very clean is not the best.[img]http://www.dubaa.info/good.gif[/img]
Re: Is It Really Safe And Healthy To Wash The Bum With Water? by PrettyCindy(f): 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ivy, thanks for that tip. We learn new things everyday.

@eyu, yes we are talking about the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Cause Of Asthma And How To Cure It / Please When Is UCH Ibadan Recruiting New House Officers / Are You Truly Serious About Losing Weight...???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.