Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (18443 Views)

Foreign Investors Pull Out Of Nigerian NSE, Economy In Shambles - Bloomberg / Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Approved List Of Nigerian Stock Brokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by talk2cj08(m): 8:30am On Jun 19, 2012
Lagos — Chairman of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, will today resume as the President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

His resumption followed the verdict of the Court of Appeal in Lagos on Friday which upheld his three appeals against cases that led to the nullification of his election as president of the exchange.

Dangote was elected the 17th president of the NSE in August 2009. He was elected based on a unanimous acclamation by the council members immediately after the conclusion of its 48th annual general meeting.

The election was nullified by the Federal High Court in Lagos in March 2010, following the application made to the court by some shareholders of African Petroleum Plc (now Forte Oil Plc), who had sued him, Nova Finance and Securities Ltd, NSE and others over alleged manipulation of AP shares.

In its judgment delivered by Justice Helen Ogunwumiju, the appellate court set aside the decision of the lower court and held that there were no bases for the decision of the lower court.

The court held that since the court was wrong to order parties to maintain status quo, there was no need to annul the election. The further held that Dangote cannot be held for contempt over the election.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201206190397.html

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
I guess the NSE will become his personal property.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by philip0906(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
Shey na dem dem get d country? abi na my uncle wey get MBA with 30 years hands-on-the job experience i expect sey dem go appoint?
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by weyinmibaby: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2012
big problem for the stock exchange as he always influences things to make profit for him, there is trouble nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
Capitalist system in Nigeria is extremely cruel. No vent even for the upcoming business hopefuls...what the he.l.l is a billionaire doing at the helm of affairs at the commodities trading complex? - Only in Nigeria!!
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by sadyeek(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2012
[size=16pt]have you guys noticed that for the past couple of weeks, the only news coming out of nigeria is terrible!

Just appointing people for posts they do not deserve, the most annoying is our security chifes. Someone tell me this guys is not being pushed around.?

My question is how did it get so bad in one year??
[/size]
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by ideylaff: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
I just wonder why someone would go to Court over a ceremonial position if he does not have any hidden agenda

He went to court to fight 4 this... 9ija is messed up mehn
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
Is this gonna affect Oscar Enyeama... Cuz i luv dat dude, and i wouldn't want him out...
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by jude33084(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
The hand writting on the wall is crystal clear. Yes! He has the required qualifications, but it's obvious that these so-called made men in Nigeria has always kept the circle smaller and the walls taller that any other compatriot can not climb or pass through. Why won't he face his business and let others run that sector if he does'nt have a selfish agenda? S.M.H
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by slimming: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
congratulations Pa Dangote
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by kaiter: 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
Capitalist system in Nigeria is extremely cruel. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Zi: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]have you guys noticed that for the past couple of weeks, the only news coming out of nigeria is terrible!

Just appointing people for posts they do not deserve, the most annoying is our security chifes. Someone tell me this guys is not being pushed around.?

My question is how did it get so bad in one year??
[/size]

The answer is that Nigerians have elevated someone beyond his competency level.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Guk: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2012
K A K I S T O C R A C Y!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by bigfat01: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2012
the rich gets richer ... anyway dangote is a brand and has a logo so get one for your business today .

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2012
To those complaining about the capitalist style of dangote, charles soludo era where d stock market boomed though there were pockets of bad corporate governance, i ask, would you prefer the austerity measures of mass sacking, unemployment, and dull stock market that we have now? Welcome back aliko dangote, now u can untie the bulls!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by GboyegaD(m): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2012
I only hope this is not another round of manipulation of the stock market. The monkey buyers are out on the prowl again.
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by nduchucks: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
How come "dumb" mallams are able to control all of our choice resources na? Dangote, I bow for you jor!! cheesy
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
Congratulations Mr. Dangote... You are one of my favorite Nigerians..
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
Nigeria will soon become his personal properties.
afam4eva: I guess the NSE will become his personal property.
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by ideylaff: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
Ijogz K: Is this gonna affect Oscar Enyeama... Cuz i luv dat dude, and i wouldn't want him out...

Oscar wey don dey play small time politics... nothing fit do am ooo, Dangoye and Oscar don become padi oooo no lele 4 d small boy ooo unless yawa gas 4 anoda side sha....
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by 2mch(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
This doesnt make any sense. The owner of most of the profitable businesses in Nigeria has no business being the head of the SEC. He lacks independence and objectivity. If he wants to maintain any credibility to the NSE he should simply decline the position. And Nigerians should be wary of investing their money in the markets because they will definitely fraudulently favor some companies, and the figures they will work with will not reflect the actual health of the NSE.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by mrperfect(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
Let hope things get better.
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Riel99: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
No b small tin o
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
Oh Nigeria...! What's wrong with the people at the hem of affairs in that country?

This proves that people can just see beyond rich individuals in that country!
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by manosteel(m): 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
Wow! This is victory for our democorruption.
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by achinu(m): 11:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
Conflict of interest plus insider info that leads to insider trading......Naija never ceases to amaze me o sad sad
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by babestella: 12:12am On Jun 20, 2012
Alas, Nigeria will soon be put up for sale. What is that guy doing in NSE, what kind of country is this Nigeria. can't our leaders think for once. Capital market is already dead and yet they thing the problem can be solved by a manipulator? I think he will just start from where other stopped, but big disappointment for him!, Nigerians no longer trust in the NSE. So when he starts pumping his company share price, please all beware, he may just dump when you are all asleep. (pump & dump) everybody wants to head NSE, na wah ooooo, na by force??
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Fancier(f): 7:56am On Jun 20, 2012
It is finished...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 20, 2012
Until this man buy NIGERIA he will not rest. Shittyy Nigeria and a$$lickung government....mitscheeew angry
Re: Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by neesaga: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2012
Plz, must we attack and criticiz every step? Aliko is a big brand in d continent, what we need in d NSE is a capable DG, President is a celemonial position. But come to talk of it Dangote is even capable only that his interest in other Afircan countries may not give him enough time to stir d ship of that position. It is good move by our court. lets encourage and give our little advice not criticiz. thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dubai To Build The Biggest Mall In The World, Complete With Theme Park / Investors Losing Faith In Buhari's Govt Over Lack Of Economic Direction-bloomber / CBN Bans Rice, Cement Importers, Others From Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.