Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Drupal Or Joomla Which One? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Drupal Or Joomla Which One? (1566 Views)

Joomla,drupal Or Wordpress Which Do I Use!!! / Drupal Or Joomla Which One / Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by olaolaking: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2012
I am just new to website design. Averagely I can do certain god things with joomla. I later heard about Drupal
Please which of the 2 do you considered better in your own opinion?
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2012
olaolaking: I am just new to website design. Averagely I can do certain god things with joomla. I later heard about Drupal
Please which of the 2 do you considered better in your own opinion?
When it comes to these things, there's no such thing as "better". Though it might be easier for you to use one of them depending on the kind of website you're creating and what you want to achieve. For instance, i heard that Drupal is more SEO compliant than Joomla while Joomla is best soothed for creating portals. Personally, i use wordpress.
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by werthy(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
joomla al d way
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by talk2hb1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2012
Both are Good, but I prefer Drupal to Joomla.A lot of (Amala and Eba) developers most especially here in Nigeria are using Joomla, and there are lots and lots of materials ( modules, templates) available for joomla. But I have this vision that very soon people will be rushing after Drupal developers. If you want to look at it from business angle go for joomla now and drupal later when the market is ready wink.
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
talk2hb1: Both are Good, but I prefer Drupal to Joomla.A lot of (Amala and Eba) developers most especially here in Nigeria are using Joomla, and there are lots and lots of materials ( modules, templates) available for joomla. But I have this vision that very soon people will be rushing after Drupal developers. If you want to look at it from business angle go for joomla now and drupal later when the market is ready wink.
I don't really think you've said anything. From your post you're implying that Drupal is better than Joomla but failed to pinpoint what areas buttresses your position.
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by tessyade: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
@op go for joomla now but ensure you go for drupal after now. As they say no knowledge is useless.
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by talk2hb1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't really think you've said anything. From your post you're implying that Drupal is better than Joomla but failed to pinpoint what areas buttresses your position.
I don't want to confuse the guy, I want him to do further research and stay where he deemed fit. I hope this post will not cause web based Open Source CMS JIHAD ( where is my Helmet ). personally I use Wordpress and drupal. but I did know Joomla too but i dont use it. see these links http://www.techi.com/2011/07/open-source-wars-wordpress-vs-drupal-vs-joomla/
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219685/Site_builder_shootout_Drupal_vs._Joomla_vs._WordPress
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by joomlaman(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
The ball is in ur court to decide....
Don't mind my NL name! You cold be the next "DrupalMan" who knows grin grin grin grin
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 03, 2012
If you want less complexity, then you should go for Joomla. But if you want to push it all the way, then Drupal is your baby. Don't attempt to use Drupal if you don't know what you're doing, else you'll be lost; Drupal is a BEAST with plenty heads.

Personally, Drupal is my first and last choice any day.

Cheers!
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by joeokri: 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
hw can i get ebook on joomla?
Re: Drupal Or Joomla Which One? by talk2hb1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
ask and it shall be given onto you that was what the bible said, mail me at talk2hb1[at]gmail[dot]company. even if you want the video she dey, just ask. shikena

(1) (Reply)

Interswitch Payment Extension For Magento? / 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search / Do You Need An App For Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.