Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Weekly Stock Picks - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Weekly Stock Picks (7714 Views)

Us Stock Market 101 – Hot Stock Picks - Train And Get Good Hot Tips / Proshare.ng Daily Nigeria Stock Picks / Safety Stock Picks: Diamonds In The Rough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weekly Stock Picks by MyPeace(f): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2007
UNTL          N 1.90        

Hi Upson,
thx for ur contributions but pls on what basis do you pick the above stock?  l thot the company has shut down operations.

expecting ur reponse
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by LoanBroker: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2007
@Upson. Keep up the good work. May God bless you. Focus on the reason you started this thread and ignore all negative comments! I have been blessed by you.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by blueband(m): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2007
What is the basis for picking UNTL ?
I hear the company has shut down
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2007
@All
My selections are based not on one or two factors but on a multipicity of factors that influence price
The chief of which i learnt during my years studying Economics and they are Demand and Supply

N.B. Instinct is not a factor

@MyPeace, blueband.
UNTL's operations is a factor,
but i can tell you precisely that the demand for the shares outstrips supply thus in two days (Monday and today) it has done a positive 9.47%.

Please note that information drives the market and the NSE is not an exception. In as much as this information is valuable, it can't be gotten for Free, and sometimes even money can't buy it.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by zubixlen(m): 8:24am On Dec 05, 2007
Upson, this thread has elicited so many comments and analysis. It is actually helping everyone understand more about this market. Ibime, kudos for your views and for insisting on the clarity of the process. This tends to bring out the best in people.

@Upson
I truly respect your need for privacy, hence I'll ask you to contact me on 08054473742 or send a mail to fakoad@yahoo.com. I am really interested in practicalising and not just reading, because I do have a Stockbroker, but he makes profit for me in the region of 20% per annum, which is quite low. I will like to to a test investment with you.
Thanks.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by grabdbull: 8:37am On Dec 05, 2007
zubixlen:

Upson, this thread has elicited so many comments and analysis. It is actually helping everyone understand more about this market. Ibime, kudos for your views and for insisting on the clarity of the process. This tends to bring out the best in people.

@Upson
I truly respect your need for privacy, hence I'll ask you to contact me on 08054473742 or send a mail to fakoad@yahoo.com. I am really interested in practicalising and not just reading, because I do have a Stockbroker, but he makes profit for me in the region of 20% per annum, which is quite low. I will like to to a test investment with you.
Thanks.

Sorry about the error. I actually sent this post to Upson, but a little error on the P.C. in the Cybercafe inevitably ensured it was sent in another's name. The post is from grabdbull
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
@wyt, grabdbull
You can issue instructions to your broker based on the information at your disposal, but you can reach me by text only on 070-28-239-111, and pls indicate your phone number in the txt.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by jesuseun1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2007
hello guys,i am yet to receiveand my transcorp share certificate,can anyone help me out.

and like how much i get fidelity share on the floor,can i get like 100% roi by feb.and what is happening to sterling bank price anD AIICO price,are they coming out for an IPO.

i need ur reply.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by madeonline(m): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2007
Thanks Upson for the good work. You are thrilling me , I must confess. I ma comparing your approcach to other conventional methods and I rate you so high! Thnaks keep up the good work.

Please what is the basis for UNTL for your pick this week. Also, kindly give me some more gists on INternational Energy Insurance.

Thanks
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by madeonline(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
jesu seun Kindly write a letter to Afribank Registrars 2A Gbagada Expressway Anthony Lagos (either through your broker or you could preferably deliver it by hand and follow up) explaining the above situation and requesting for it.

It is either it is returned unclaimed or delivered/missing intransit. The outcome of your enquiry would determine next step. However if it was unclaimed they would readily hand it over to you at the Registrars upon presenting your identification.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2007
I guess the we've missed out of this week's action because of the inability to post on this forum, i think i would revisit an earlier suggestion by Grabdbull on having an alternative medium.

Anyways the Result from last week's picks are as follows.

WEEK 2 3rd to 7th December

Company opening price closing price gain/loss

V-Stocks
GUINEAINS 3.09 2.80 -9.39%
JAPAULOIL 7.66 6.95 -9.27%
INTENEGINS 1.87    1.94 3.74%
UNTL            1.90 2.39 25.79%
INTBREW     1.17 1.47 25.64%

G-Stocks
GUARANTY      30.25 30.15 -0.33%
CUTIX             13.95 13.24 -5.09%
AP                128.08 147.89 15.47%
UNILEVER    19.95 19.5 -2.26%
INTERCONT    31.50 35.00 11.11%

Overall performance for this week is 5.54% which is better than that of week 1 of 3.81%.
The performance this time, was spread across board, and for those people still that commented on my choice of UNTL, i guess the result speaks for itself.

Have a lovely week all  cheesy.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by walcolm(m): 7:12am On Dec 11, 2007
madeonline:

jesu seun Kindly write a letter to Afribank Registrars 2A Gbagada Expressway Anthony Lagos (either through your broker or you could preferably deliver it by hand and follow up) explaining the above situation and requesting for it.
@madeonline,
are you saying afribank registrar are the registrar company to Transcorp?
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by wanaj0: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2007
walcolm:

@madeonline,
are you saying afribank registrar are the registrar company to Transcorp?

Yes they are. They use to be in Ikoyi (keffi Street) but now at Gbagada.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by MyPeace(f): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2007
the result really spoke very loud. but how come a supposedly dead coy is moving up this way, i think there may be a new gist on the grapevine.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by walcolm(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
Thanx wanaj0
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by lucky123(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2007
upson, u re great and may God bless uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by hbrednic: 12:03am On Dec 12, 2007
care must be taking with UNTL,dont be decieved with the result.
dead company without fundamentals,nothing to show.
this is NSE,not the first time dead coy stock is been traded.
make sure you know of anything going on b/4 taking position otherwise be prepared for thw worst.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by MyPeace(f): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2007
whats up UPSON?
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2007
i am not sure if i have run out of steam, or its just that holiday season has caught up with me.
Anywayz, since we missed out on this weeks picks, i will drop a random pick for everyone.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2007
Intercont is a good buy anywhere around N35.00
exit target should be somewhere close to N40.00.

i guess we would resume the weekly picks NEXT YEAR.
cheesy Hurray the Holidays are here  cheesy

Between now and the end of the year, i would/should be posting some picks for the 1st month of Next Year. To be followed by a comprehensive compilation, mayb on another thread to be named ,

Thanks All for your support, words e.t.c.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by madeonline(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2007
Have a jolly holiday season Upson!
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by MyPeace(f): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2007
thanks, but continue on this thread, no need for another thread.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by grabdbull: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2007
Have a wonderful season Upson. Go. and Come back refreshed for next year. take kia
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by haicomgps(m): 1:03am On Dec 19, 2007
Hi Upson, I am Europe based Nigerian, and I am interested in buying Nigerian stocks, what is your adivice,
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2007
@MyPeace
The new thread i'm suggesting would be for Monthly Stock Picks, so as to enable clarityand avoid disambiguity. combining both on this thread may cause confusion which is common place on Nairaland.
Anywayz ur opinion carries a lot of weight so its still very open. Thanks.

@grabdbull, madeonline
Lets all have fun this season.
Happy New Year.

@haicomgps
I guess the best advice i can give now is for you to find a thread on this forum that addresses that issue, cos i know it exists somewhere.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by MyPeace(f): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2007
Upson

your wish is our command! But if you can combine the two together with different Captions, Stock for the week and for the month respectively, l believe there wont be any confusion.

Up to you.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by grabdbull: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2007
Upson,
Could be be a bit clearer on the new thread issue. Are you contemplating discontinuing the weekly stock picks for the monthly stock picks? I think some clarification will be in order concerning this issue as I particularly enjoyed the weekly stock picks and am already gathering some cash for that reason.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by eruobodo: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2007
Dear Upson, continue with the weekly stock pick using the weekly stock thread andon the last day of teh last week you could introduce "STOCK PICKS FOR THE MONTH", perhaps in bold characters. That way there would not be any confusion. I agree with My Peace.

Cheers and merry holidays!
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by peribiz(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2007
Hi All, now you can share all your stocks, commodities, futures, currencies, etc. ideas, expectations and knowledge with other investors at www.pectonline.com BE PART OF THE PECT PROJECT.
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2007
@eruobodo
Nice suggestion, lets see how it goes.

@grabdbull
There is no cause for discontinuation, i guess we are all enjoying this service.

@MyPeace
When i said you opinion carries a lot of weight, i guess that view as been confirmed. So please don't hesitate to drop hints on how to better this service and also enrich it.
Thanks  smiley
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by upson(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2007
Re: Weekly Stock Picks by MyPeace(f): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2007
@upson,

can see ur online.

compliment of the season!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared / Online Tasks That Pay - My Experience / Project 1990 Investmen Coy; Are They For Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.