Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Islam In Pictures - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam In Pictures (13954 Views)

Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South / The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures / Religious Ritual Sex Being Portrayed as part of Islam in parts of Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
this thread would solely serve the purpose of posting pictures revealing the beauty of Islam and Muslims.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hijab Completes The Beauty Of A Muslimah

Re: Islam In Pictures by Zhulfiqar1: 11:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
(picture attached) the grave of Sayyida Zainab (as),located in the Sayyida Zainab Mosque,in Damascus,Syria.She is the daughter of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a) and Sayyida Fatima (a),the daughter of the holy Prophet Muhammad (s).Sayyida Zainab (a)witnessed the tragedy of Karbala.She played a great role in spreading the news,exposing the attrocities of the army of Yazid (l) and educating people about the revolution of her holy brother Imam Hussain Ibn Ali (a).She is also known as Sayyida Zainab "al-Kubra" (the "elder") not to be confused with her younger sister Sayyida Zainab "al-Sughra" (the "younger") (a),who is also known as Um-Kulthum,buried in Cairo,Egypt with a similar shrine for visitors to honor her memory and pay respect as a member of the Ahlul-Bayt (a) of Prophet Muhammad (s).

Re: Islam In Pictures by Zhulfiqar1: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Picture attached below of prepared food servings for the visitors, in the vicinity of the Imam Ali Ibn Musa,ar-Reda (as)-the eigth holy Imam from the Ahlul-Bayt- shrine in the holy Islamic city of Mashhad,Iran.

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 3:04am On Jun 22, 2012
A Muslim girl sitting on a Muslim prayer mat smiling for the camera (picture attached below).

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 3:08am On Jun 22, 2012
In the Picture Below Attached,the Grave of Imam Hussain (as) in the Holy City of Karbala,Iraq.

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
(Picture Attached) An Overview of the Holy City of Makkah With the Holy Ka'ba in View.

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2012
(picture attached below of) the grave of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) in the Imam Ali (as) Mosque in the holy city of Najaf,Iraq.

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 10:20am On Jun 29, 2012
(Attached) Picture of the pulpit in the 'Masjidun-Nabi' ('Prophet's Mosque') in the holy city of Madina.

Re: Islam In Pictures by maclatunji: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
Zhul-fiqar:
Picture attached below of prepared food servings for the visitors, in the vicinity of the Imam Ali Ibn Musa,ar-Reda (as)-the eigth holy Imam from the Ahlul-Bayt- shrine in the holy Islamic city of Mashhad,Iran.

Nice idea to feed your guests but at a shrine?
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Nice idea to feed your guests but at a shrine?

people who can afford usually share food and give out gifts in such holy places as also during hajj in Makkah as a form of charity and help and to seek reward from Allah (swt).it is in the form of sadaqah just as during the holy month of ramadan people who can afford share food and do acts of kindness to others.

PS:you have banned Zhul-Fiqar.how did you expect him to reply?
Re: Islam In Pictures by maclatunji: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
^Do you know what a shrine is?
Re: Islam In Pictures by Cheers01: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji: ^Do you know what a shrine is?

A "shrine" is a very ambiguous word. The catholic church I went to had a "Marian Shrine".

Anyways, have you started pretending again? Did you ban Zulfigar?
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji: ^Do you know what a shrine is?

na wa o.

so the thing is biting this deep? you cannot contain yourself in the wahhabi threads,you are now derailing other threads.

when a Shia Muslim uses the word "shrine" in the english language to refer to any of the Islamic holy places,he means a place where Allah (swt) is worshipped and also contains the grave of revered personalities and chosen ones of Allah (swt).

ofcourse,Shia Islam's official language is arabic.so in arabic the word "shrine" is not used.words like "marqad,"maqam","qabr","ha-ram","masjid",e.t.c. are used which pass a better Islamic understanding and meaning.unfortunately i'm not aware of the equivalent of those arabic words in english.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
(in the attached picture),a Muslim child is shown putting on the ihram (Islamic pilgrimage dress) in the holy city of Makkah.from a distance,the holy Kab'ba is visible in the picture.

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
in the picture below,a beautiful mosque in Russia is shown.

Re: Islam In Pictures by maclatunji: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
LagosShia:

na wa o.

so the thing is biting this deep? you cannot contain yourself in the wahhabi threads,you are now derailing other threads.

when a Shia Muslim uses the word "shrine" in the english language to refer to any of the Islamic holy places,he means a place where Allah (swt) is worshipped and also contains the grave of revered personalities and chosen ones of Allah (swt).

ofcourse,Shia Islam's official language is arabic.so in arabic the word "shrine" is not used.words like "marqad,"maqam","qabr","ha-ram","masjid",e.t.c. are used which pass a better Islamic understanding and meaning.unfortunately i'm not aware of the equivalent of those arabic words in english.

Hmmm... I find it a not very worthwhile venture to make people's graves so elaborate that they are called shrines in English irrespective of your attempt at putting up a linguistic defence.
Re: Islam In Pictures by Cheers01: 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Hmmm... I find it a not very worthwhile venture to make people's graves so elaborate that they are called shrines in English irrespective of your attempt at putting up a linguistic defence.

Irony. So is it "very worthwhile" to elaborately decorate a cuboid building (the Kaaba) to a degree that they are pilgrimage and tourist centres? Note that the Kaaba is empty except for 2 days of the year when it is opened for cleaning.

Pwned grin
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 11:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji:

1.) first there is nothing wrong in doing that but it is more than worthwhile because Prophet Muhammad (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) are the "signs of Allah" and "hujjah" (proofs) and khalifa (representatives) of Allah (swt) on earth.and this is what Allah (swt) says in a similar venture:

Holy Quran 22:32
"That [is so]. And whoever honors the symbols of Allah - indeed, it is from the piety of hearts".

2.) honoring the memory of the prominent pioneers of Islam preserves our heritage and reminds us of the past.and there is nothing wrong in the light of the Holy Quran to build masjid over the graves of pious servants of Allah (swt) as evident in this verse:

Holy Quran 18:21
"And similarly, We caused them to be found that they [who found them] would know that the promise of Allah is truth and that of the Hour there is no doubt. [That was] when they disputed among themselves about their affair and [then] said, "Construct over them a structure. Their Lord is most knowing about them." Said those who prevailed in the matter, "We will surely take [for ourselves] over them a masjid."

3.) picture of the pulpit in the masjidun-nabi,madina, which is under the saudi wahhabi jurisdiction was posted earlier.and the pulpit is made of gold.the holy Ka'ba too which contains graves of previous prophets and pious servants in and around it,is also decorated with gold.since that is the case,then why should we not show respect and honor our heros and beloved Prophet (sa) and his household (as) by preserving their graves and decorating them?

4.) i am not here seeking to convince you because you are wahhabi influenced.that being the case i must point out the attrocities the wahhabis committed in the holy city of Madina by desecrating the graves of pious companions of the Prophet (sa),daughter,wives (mothers of the believers) and family members including the graves of the 2nd,4th,5th,and 6th holy Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) from the progeny of Prophet Muhammad (sa) in Jannatul Baqi.they also destroyed Jannatul Mualla where Prophet Muhammad's (sa) wife,grandfather and mother are buried.the wahhabis upon imposing their political power in the arabian peninsula and the formation of the "kingdom of saudi arabia" destroyed Jannatul-Baqi and desecrated the graves of the pious servants of Allah (swt) and pioneers of Islam.till this day,they continue to demolish ancient sites in Makkah to build hotels and businesses.this destruction of Islamic heritage sites is a crime against Islam and Muslims.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
Cheers01:

Irony. So is it "very worthwhile" to elaborately decorate a cuboid building (the Kaaba) to a degree that they are pilgrimage and tourist centres? Note that the Kaaba is empty except for 2 days of the year when it is opened for cleaning.

Pwned grin

Subhanallah!

even though i do not agree with the beliefs of "Cheers01" and his disrespect for Islam,i must commend his keen sense of observation and critical thinking.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
Cheers01:

Look, I do not disrespect Islam. My girlfriend was a muslim.

The only thing I want is for muslims to realise that the Quran is not perfect and not 100% true.

I suppose a new Islam should be formed; Logicalist Islam (by logicboy)

Logicalist islam
;
-Acceptance of gays
-Allowance of muslim women to get married to non-muslims
-All non-poisonous foods halal
-Everyone goes to heaven based on their good deeds

etc

What do you think?

i think you should go to bed.i know its friday night for you.but please stop drinking.

this thread wasn't meant to discuss these topics if not that Maclatunji is trying to derail the thread.you can present your ideas in another thread.if i find the time,i could participate and engage you.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 1:18am On Jun 30, 2012
(pictures below attached) of the Sayyida Ruqayyah Bint al-Hussain (as) Mosque (which also house her grave);she is also known as 'Sukaina'.the Sayyeda Ruqyyah mosque is in Damascus,Syria.Sayyida Ruqayyah endured the sufferings of the tragedy of Karbala and the martyrdom of her father,Imam Hussain (as),grandson of Prophet Muhammad (sa) and third holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).she also endured the painful journey (as prisoner of war among the Ahlul-Bayt memebers a.s. who also witnessed the tragedy and were taken as prisoners) from Iraq to damascus into the court of the tyrant,Yazid (la).she eventually died in the prison of Yazeed (la) at age four.

Re: Islam In Pictures by maclatunji: 6:13am On Jun 30, 2012
Cheers01:

Pwned grin

You are not a Muslim, hence you speak out of context. Kindly keep quiet.
Re: Islam In Pictures by Cheers01: 10:16am On Jun 30, 2012
maclatunji:

You are not a Muslim, hence you speak out of context. Kindly keep quiet.

LMAO. Please, and what wouldnt I know about the Kaaba as a non muslim? Or muslim burial rites?

This is the 21st century

-there is informantion on the internet
-muslims are now friends with kaffirs and so, kaffirs learn from them.

So please, either explain how I spoke out of context or follow your advice and keep quiet when you have been pwned.

Sorry MACdaddy, I didnt mean to give you a verbal smackdown, it was just inevitable grin
Re: Islam In Pictures by maclatunji: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2012
Cheers01:

LMAO. Please, and what wouldnt I know about the Kaaba as a non muslim? Or muslim burial rites?

This is the 21st century

-there is informantion on the internet
-muslims are now friends with kaffirs and so, kaffirs learn from them.

So please, either explain how I spoke out of context or follow your advice and keep quiet when you have been pwned.

Sorry MACdaddy, I didnt mean to give you a verbal smackdown, it was just inevitable grin

Really? You do overestimate your intelligence.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2012
maclatunji:

Really? You do overestimate your intelligence.

please can the two of you take your discussion elsewhere and not derail my thread?
Re: Islam In Pictures by maclatunji: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
LagosShia:

please can the two of you take your discussion elsewhere and not derail my thread?

Carry on with your pictures, I will ban Logic boy if he derails again. By the way, you cannot prevent people from commenting as long as they do not break rules.
Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
maclatunji:

Carry on with your pictures, I will ban Logic boy if he derails again. By the way, you cannot prevent people from commenting as long as they do not break rules.

i am not saying you should not comment.comment about the topic and the pictures.you commented and i do appreciate your contribution and i replied to you because you were looking for answers.but personal arguments which are off-topic shouldn't be encouraged to derail threads especially when the thread like this one has a focus.
Re: Islam In Pictures by Cheers01: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
[size=18pt]Eid Al fitr; the only time logicboy is a muslim, just for the food[/size]

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2012
(picture attached of) Ayatollah Isa Qasem,the most senior Shia Muslim cleric in Bahrain shows him in meditation.

Re: Islam In Pictures by LagosShia: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
(picture attached of) the Masjid al-Kufa-the mosque of Imam Ali (as) in the holy city of Kufa,Iraq.Kufa was made the capital and center of the Islamic state under the leadership and caliphate of Imam Ali (as).the seat of the caliphate was tranferred from Medina to Kufa by Imam Ali (as).

(1) (2) (Reply)

“freedom” Of Women Or “freedom” To Men To Enjoy Them? / It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah / Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.