Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year (8935 Views)

JAMB To Determine Admissions Cut-off Marks On July 14 / FG To Establish JAMB E-testing Centres In 774 LGAs / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by shakomende: 11:30pm On Jun 19, 2012
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) recently announced that candidates will answer questions by e-testing in the 2013 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME).

According to Professor Dibu Ojerinde, “e-testing would facilitate quick delivery of results to candidates and reduce anxiety by candidates who had been previously waiting longer for their results by manual testing.”

E-testing will be optional for candidates. It is expected that initially, the cost of JAMB forms might increase to reflect the cost of maintenance of the computers used. However this cost is expected to go down following full implementation of the solution.

It is expected that there will be at least one test center in all 36 states of the federation.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/06/19/jamb-to-begin-e-testing-next-year/

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2012
Brilliant....good news
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Mcdondayan: 10:00am On Jun 20, 2012
pls jamb should nt start what they cannot finish. Just a piece of advice

7 Likes

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Mr9iceGuy(m): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2012
Trust naija naah, they will soon lunch the antidote to that e-testing whatever

shakomende: The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) recently announced that candidates will answer questions by e-testing in the 2013 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME).

According to Professor Dibu Ojerinde, “e-testing would facilitate quick delivery of results to candidates and reduce anxiety by candidates who had been previously waiting longer for their results by manual testing.”

E-testing will be optional for candidates. It is expected that initially, the cost of JAMB forms might increase to reflect the cost of maintenance of the computers used. However this cost is expected to go down following full implementation of the solution.

It is expected that there will be at least one test center in all 36 states of the federation.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/06/19/jamb-to-begin-e-testing-next-year/

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by sylve11: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2012
Good, but why increase the price? shouldn't the F.G be subsidizing education also? grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Faithnn: 10:19am On Jun 20, 2012
Computer education should be made compulsory to all secondary schools.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by ashson: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2012
it wont work, its just a strategy to steal our money
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by realghy(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2012
hope Naija hacker will not corrupt this.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by LIBERTYCLUB: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2012
Lovely idea, great innovation, This professor of a man is a genius, how I wish he was the Commander-in-Chief running naija, a 4-year term would do.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2012
This should wait until ICT and Computer Studies have been made core subjects taught in secondary schools. Although I think it's about the money- JAMB has recently been making candidates pay more for less tasking services they render on the pretext of advancement at the expense of their candidates.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by gegee(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2012
evry system can be defeated by resiliant cheats and corruption
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Abbeycity88(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2012
Dis is a great idea 4rm ideological man! computer studies should b a core subject 4 secondary skul inorda 2 enhance effectivenes in computer. Hope naija hacker wil nt tamper wit dis plan o!!
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by eghost247(m): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2012
interesting
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by CY09: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2012
It is a pity that Nigeria and her so called leaders in all sectors lack administrative skills. We like doing trial and error. It is a known fact that an average Nigerian Adult is not conversant with the computer let alone children. How many Primary and Secondary Schools who have computer studies embedded in thier curriculumn actually teach and carryout comprehansive practicals to supplement what they teach, that is if they even teach at all?
Before embarking on implemantation of any project, proper research and feasibility study should be put in place to ensure the success of the project.
While i agree that this is a step in the right direction (since the world is going digital, the timing is wrong and certain things should/needs to be put in place. For this to be successful, the ministry of education has to mandate all primary and secondary schools to ensure proper computer studies for thier students, this should be allowed to go on for a while before the implementation of anything electronical.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by nwanze2: 10:55am On Jun 20, 2012
Non sense, pls try and improve on ur e-registrations first,b4 thinking of e-testing or whtever u call it.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Funkymallam(m): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2012
CY09: It is a pity that Nigeria and her so called leaders in all sectors lack administrative skills. We like doing trial and error. It is a known fact that an average Nigerian Adult is not conversant with the computer let alone children. How many Primary and Secondary Schools who have computer studies embedded in thier curriculumn actually teach and carryout comprehansive practicals to supplement what they teach, that is if they even teach at all?
Before embarking on implemantation of any project, proper research and feasibility study should be put in place to ensure the success of the project.
While i agree that this is a step in the right direction (since the world is going digital, the timing is wrong and certain things should/needs to be put in place. For this to be successful, the ministry of education has to mandate all primary and secondary schools to ensure proper computer studies for thier students, this should be allowed to go on for a while before the implementation of anything electronical.

What are u on about?
What is so difficult in using a mouse to click an option? Is that rocket science too?

@Op. This is a very good development and a way to go.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by kheart(m): 11:00am On Jun 20, 2012
Who cares. If dem like make dem go space go right d jamb sef.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by MRMICKMEN: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2012
another form of exploitation,OCCUPY JAMB. undecided
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by toluxe0075: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2012
We hackers are already working on itgringrin
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by ziccoit: 11:12am On Jun 20, 2012
Nigerian want change but don't want to accommodate element of change. Prof Dibu is doing well. He is a great achiever.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Lilspicer(f): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2012
I PITY DEM CRIMINALS NA DEM SABI-NAIJACYBERHACKERS,ANONYMOUS WERE ARE THOU-FOLLOWME ON TWITTER.COM/LILSPICER I FOLLOWBACK
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by otokx(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2012
since its optional no problem, the candidates who are not interested in cheating and know the stuff would have a conducive environment to excel
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Etelite: 11:21am On Jun 20, 2012
Mcdondayan: pls jamb should nt start what they cannot finish. Just a piece of advice
im with u pls. it is actually a good idea "but" can we really handle the responsibility that comes with it?
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Ninilowo(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2012
Mcdondayan: pls jamb should nt start what they cannot finish. Just a piece of advice
That is a veri wise advise cos I cant imagine have only one e-centre for Lagos.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by nairalady(f): 11:37am On Jun 20, 2012
good newz!!

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by damilola15: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2012
I've taken a couple of so called "e-test" and they are very good.

I logged in, and clicked start exam (and at another time, we sat by the computer and watched it countdown to start time and the exam was activated). I submit when I'm done and I get my result instantly or wait till when the time is up officially so it closes and gives me my results.

It really would reduce the stress and anxiety. But if JAMB would do such, they would have to to get lots and lots of computers except they don't want to students to take the exams simultaneously.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by lifestyle1(m): 11:39am On Jun 20, 2012
Jamb should be scrabed with immediate effect. angryundecided
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by lifestyle1(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by abbahsaint: 11:47am On Jun 20, 2012
The Jamb registrar said the idea remains optional for now. It doesnt apply to all candidates. You can still chose to use the old method. Moreover, they are planning only one center per state which is grossly incapable of handling the whole candidates in any given state.
Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by talktrue1(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2012
candidates writing Physics, chemistry and maths will find it difficult unless they will provide rough materials for them

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Begin E-testing Next Year by Nnamdi99(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2012
dats good news

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Can Remember This Pics? (yoruba Version) / 10 Highest Paying Jobs In The World / Admission Into Petroleum Training Institute, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.