Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Wars And Rumors Of Wars - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wars And Rumors Of Wars (989 Views)

Prepare For The Coming Wars And Worldwide Catastrophes / Rumors Of Occultic Practices In Rotary Club. True Or False?? / Religion Only Makes Wars And Hates, Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wars And Rumors Of Wars by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2012
Wars and Rumors of Wars
June 20, 2012

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6).

Christians are often chided because they are looking for the return of Christ rather than improving this present world. The fact is, however, that Bible-believing Christians have been largely responsible for such improvements in this world as have actually been achieved (elimination of slavery, establishment of hospitals and educational institutions, founding and development of modern science, advances in political freedoms, etc.).

On the other hand, Christ predicted that wars would continue despite His own death and resurrection. In fact, the prophet Daniel had prophesied over five centuries earlier that "unto the end of the war desolations are determined" (Daniel 9:26). For 2,500 years the prophecies have been fulfilled and will continue to be fulfilled until Christ returns. In that day, God promises: "Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end." However, it is not the misguided efforts of secularists and worldly minded Christians that will bring about this state of eternal peace and righteousness. "The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this" (Isaiah 9:7).

Our text is taken from Christ's Olivet discourse, given in answer to His disciples' questions about His Second Coming (Matthew 24-25). Climaxing His message, He said, "Then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" (Matthew 24:30). The wicked, warring nations of the earth all will mourn (not rejoice over!) His coming. In the meantime, He urges all true Christians to "be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:44). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Stkingsley(m): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2012
A LETTER TO THE NORTHERN YOUTHS

I write this letter to you as friends and colleagues, and as compatriots. I have a feeling that the majority of you may not be happy with the negative thing ravaging the northern parts in the last few months.

The sectarian violence orchestrated by the Boko Haram terrorists and wanton killings in many parts of northern Nigeria have posed very bad image to the region, and in fact has grossly desecrated the predominant faith of your people.

As youths, you own the future which the activities of these terrorists are capable of destroying.

The incessant killings have driven economic growth, sympathy and honour away from that region. This is a hard fact!

The whole world now sees northern Nigeria as a pariah, an unsafe region where foreigners and investors must not visit!

Most adherents of the Islamic faith have been put in a very difficult situation as a result of the this menace ravaging the north. The attacks on churches have made things worse, when we consider the fact that innocent lives are being wasted needlessly by these terrorists, thus making the region very bloody! This can bring divine judgment on the region in no time!

However, northern youths have a lot to do, by exposing the sponsors and hideouts of the Islamic militants. You can organize vigilance groups in the villages, farmlands, mosques and churches in your areas. You can fish out these criminals among you!

The suicide bombers have no future; they have no values, that is why they prefer to die violent deaths and also kill others. In the process, they bring curse and sorrow, fear and panic among the generally peaceful people.

I had lived in some parts of the north and I can attest to the fact that many northerners are very accommodating and kind, hard-working and honest.

But these terrorists have bastardized the northern Nigeria values you cherish. They have made the attractive northern Nigeria a hostile, death-prone region! Do you like this?

You may not know, Nigerians from northern parts are already under surveillance in foreign airports, when they travel out! They suspect them!

It is possible that the sponsors and financiers of these terrorists are older people, very close to their graves.

Fellow Nigerians, please prevent the selfish interest of a few disgruntled people, whose intention is to destroy the reputation of your region, by cutting off their nose to spite their face! Report them to the security agents before they hatch their next plans!

Please volunteer today, to expose the miscreants and their sponsors, before the destruction of your future becomes irreversible.

Let us all restore the glory of peaceful northern Nigeria, where the likes of the late Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, and Bola Ige were born! My father spent some years in Jos and he lived there peacefully! Many of his neighbors including the personal secretary of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello, the late Sunday Awoniyi, were Christians.

Where then have these spineless terrorists and their bloody sponsors derived their motive to kill Christians and others in the north?

May God bless you us all. God bless Nigeria. God bless all Nigerian citizens who love peace
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2012
Stkingsley: A LETTER TO THE NORTHERN YOUTHS

I write this letter to you as friends and colleagues, and as compatriots. I have a feeling that the majority of you may not be happy with the negative thing ravaging the northern parts in the last few months.

The sectarian violence orchestrated by the Boko Haram terrorists and wanton killings in many parts of northern Nigeria have posed very bad image to the region, and in fact has grossly desecrated the predominant faith of your people.

As youths, you own the future which the activities of these terrorists are capable of destroying.

The incessant killings have driven economic growth, sympathy and honour away from that region. This is a hard fact!

The whole world now sees northern Nigeria as a pariah, an unsafe region where foreigners and investors must not visit!

Most adherents of the Islamic faith have been put in a very difficult situation as a result of the this menace ravaging the north. The attacks on churches have made things worse, when we consider the fact that innocent lives are being wasted needlessly by these terrorists, thus making the region very bloody! This can bring divine judgment on the region in no time!

However, northern youths have a lot to do, by exposing the sponsors and hideouts of the Islamic militants. You can organize vigilance groups in the villages, farmlands, mosques and churches in your areas. You can fish out these criminals among you!

The suicide bombers have no future; they have no values, that is why they prefer to die violent deaths and also kill others. In the process, they bring curse and sorrow, fear and panic among the generally peaceful people.

I had lived in some parts of the north and I can attest to the fact that many northerners are very accommodating and kind, hard-working and honest.

But these terrorists have bastardized the northern Nigeria values you cherish. They have made the attractive northern Nigeria a hostile, death-prone region! Do you like this?

You may not know, Nigerians from northern parts are already under surveillance in foreign airports, when they travel out! They suspect them!

It is possible that the sponsors and financiers of these terrorists are older people, very close to their graves.

Fellow Nigerians, please prevent the selfish interest of a few disgruntled people, whose intention is to destroy the reputation of your region, by cutting off their nose to spite their face! Report them to the security agents before they hatch their next plans!

Please volunteer today, to expose the miscreants and their sponsors, before the destruction of your future becomes irreversible.

Let us all restore the glory of peaceful northern Nigeria, where the likes of the late Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, and Bola Ige were born! My father spent some years in Jos and he lived there peacefully! Many of his neighbors including the personal secretary of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello, the late Sunday Awoniyi, were Christians.

Where then have these spineless terrorists and their bloody sponsors derived their motive to kill Christians and others in the north?

May God bless you us all. God bless Nigeria. God bless all Nigerian citizens who love peace

Those miscreants gave the devil an inch and allowed him to become their ruler. Imagine the peaceful city of Jos (Jesus Our Saviour) being turned into turbulence. All these is just fulfilling the prophecy in the OP.
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Wars and Rumors of Wars
June 20, 2012

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6).

Christians are often chided because they are looking for the return of Christ rather than improving this present world. The fact is, however, that Bible-believing Christians have been largely responsible for such improvements in this world as have actually been achieved (elimination of slavery, establishment of hospitals and educational institutions, founding and development of modern science, advances in political freedoms, etc.).

On the other hand, Christ predicted that wars would continue despite His own death and resurrection. In fact, the prophet Daniel had prophesied over five centuries earlier that "unto the end of the war desolations are determined" (Daniel 9:26). For 2,500 years the prophecies have been fulfilled and will continue to be fulfilled until Christ returns. In that day, God promises: "Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end." However, it is not the misguided efforts of secularists and worldly minded Christians that will bring about this state of eternal peace and righteousness. "The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this" (Isaiah 9:7).

Our text is taken from Christ's Olivet discourse, given in answer to His disciples' questions about His Second Coming (Matthew 24-25). Climaxing His message, He said, "Then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" (Matthew 24:30). The wicked, warring nations of the earth all will mourn (not rejoice over!) His coming. In the meantime, He urges all true Christians to "be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:44). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Alylola: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
hi, as you wrote: "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6)

I would like to attract attention on a fact: Jesus is speaking to his disciples telling them that they "shall hear" meaning that the disciples of Jesus will not be affected by these wars for they will just hear about them, they will be living securely somewhere and they will hear of wars; Placing this word in the actual context, we can see that those wars are taking place in poor countries(please don't tell me of the 1st and 2nd world war coz since 1960, there have been a huge among of deaths in africa alone that cannot be compare to the among of people who died in those 2 wars); so if the disciples of Jesus will only hear of thore wars without being affected, it's obvious that while these wars are destroying africa and eastern europe, the westerns are "fine" could it be that Jesus, or his disciples are the westerns? ...for they will only "hear" of wars... also, europeans and americans are only hearing that there is war in africa, afganistan... and knowing that europeans are the one provoking those wars, could it be that ...?
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Jul 05, 2012
Alylola: hi, as you wrote: "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6)

I would like to attract attention on a fact: Jesus is speaking to his disciples telling them that they "shall hear" meaning that the disciples of Jesus will not be affected by these wars for they will just hear about them, they will be living securely somewhere and they will hear of wars; Placing this word in the actual context, we can see that those wars are taking place in poor countries(please don't tell me of the 1st and 2nd world war coz since 1960, there have been a huge among of deaths in africa alone that cannot be compare to the among of people who died in those 2 wars); so if the disciples of Jesus will only hear of thore wars without being affected, it's obvious that while these wars are destroying africa and eastern europe, the westerns are "fine" could it be that Jesus, or his disciples are the westerns? ...for they will only "hear" of wars... also, europeans and americans are only hearing that there is war in africa, afganistan... and knowing that europeans are the one provoking those wars, could it be that ...?

If you look and listen to the news you will agree that there has been at least one major war going on in 11 of every 12 years since Jesus made that prediction, and these include civil and international wars
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Alylola: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you look and listen to the news you will agree that there has been at least one major war going on in 11 of every 12 years since Jesus made that prediction, and these include civil and international wars

My point is not where the wars are taking place for since 2000 years, there have been severals wars in europe and america alone; my point is that when these wars are taking place, Jesus disciples are always safe somewhere, they're not affected! and talking about today, as africa is affected by wars, Jesus disciples(the true ones) are safe somewhere and if they have to be moved from africa for their safety, Jesus helps for that; hope you understand my point;
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Ptolomeus(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Alylola:

My point is not where the wars are taking place for since 2000 years, there have been severals wars in europe and america alone; my point is that when these wars are taking place, Jesus disciples are always safe somewhere, they're not affected! and talking about today, as africa is affected by wars, Jesus disciples(the true ones) are safe somewhere and if they have to be moved from africa for their safety, Jesus helps for that; hope you understand my point;

You really believe that?
You say that Jesus protects his disciples? Also protects them when they steal? The disciples of Jesus did not go to war if they are cited? They are traitors then. ..
Excuse me ... you analyze your comments, because it really is an example of blind fanaticism and irrational.
My respects.
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Alylola: 11:12am On Jul 06, 2012
Ptolomeus:

You really believe that?
You say that Jesus protects his disciples? Also protects them when they steal? The disciples of Jesus did not go to war if they are cited? They are traitors then. ..
Excuse me ... you analyze your comments, because it really is an example of blind fanaticism and irrational.
My respects.

I never said that Jesus disciples went to war, I clearly stated that they are safe somewhere and my point is that they're protected by those who provok those wars, I don't see what I said wrong there; and if they're so protected I am questioning the relation between Jesus who is supposed to protect his disciples and the others that we know are provoking those wars(to fulfill the propheties...of Jesus)... am I asking too much? I don't want war in my country that's all!
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Ptolomeus(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2012
Alylola:

I never said that Jesus disciples went to war, I clearly stated that they are safe somewhere and my point is that they're protected by those who provok those wars, I don't see what I said wrong there; and if they're so protected I am questioning the relation between Jesus who is supposed to protect his disciples and the others that we know are provoking those wars(to fulfill the propheties...of Jesus)... am I asking too much? I don't want war in my country that's all!

estimate:
No one wants war. Not at home, or anywhere else.
Just as I'm worth the doubt about Jesus protects his disciples. Suffice to say how many Christians have died in Ireland, churches burned, and the end tivieron themselves apostles of Jesus ...
Who is responsible for indoctrination, must take risks, and I do not believe that these risks have no protection.
Do not take it personally. It is my view.
I do not think that wars are declared to fulfill the prophecies. That is a contradiction.

My respects.
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ptolomeus:

estimate:
No one wants war. Not at home, or anywhere else.
Just as I'm worth the doubt about Jesus protects his disciples. Suffice to say how many Christians have died in Ireland, churches burned, and the end tivieron themselves apostles of Jesus ...
Who is responsible for indoctrination, must take risks, and I do not believe that these risks have no protection.
Do not take it personally. It is my view.
I do not think that wars are declared to fulfill the prophecies. That is a contradiction.

My respects.

Even you are fulfilling prophecies if you don't know.
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by Ptolomeus(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Even you are fulfilling prophecies if you don't know.

Dear Friend Olaa,
I can be wrong, and you can say I am very skeptical, but Africans have a tendency to believe amazing in such frauds, which limit an to say things, and if luck accompanies them, they will have won several fans that will keep them financially.
It's amazing! In Nigeria should be no more prophets than people! hahaha!
A hug!
Re: Wars And Rumors Of Wars by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Alylola:

History shows that all but one of Jesus' disciples were martyrs. The good thing is that no one can take the life of a believer unless God permits it.

(1) (Reply)

Is Rev. Chris Okotie A Truly Servant Of God? / Tyranny Of The Masses. / Why Should I Support And Donate My Money To CUFI ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.