Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

George Muller: Does God Answer Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / George Muller: Does God Answer Prayer? (504 Views)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Does God Answer Prayer? / Does God Answer Prayer On Facebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Muller: Does God Answer Prayer? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
I have read argument against the existence of Christian God especially the inefficacy of prayer. But of late I read a very unique biography/autobiography of a man of God who with simple faith, feed thousands in the 1800s. Am talking of no other person but George Muller who never, I repeat, NEVER asked for assistance but rested in the faithfulness of God to provide. The story sounds like a fairy tale but today in Bristol stands the orphanage with which God through prayer had provided. I was quite curious and decided to search online of atheist who have faulted this story and the best I came to was this terse statement from

If the other party in the debate brings up George Muller, remind them that Muller claimed the bible alone was his standard of judgment, and point out some of the more egregious examples of immoral behavior the bible claims is appropriate, such as incest.

http://www.wikihow.com/Argue-That-God-Does-Not-Exist

I was not satisfied and hence decided to turn to nairaland atheist for answers. Yes there are great men like Bill Gates who have been charitable and still are. I don’t deny that rather I commend such great work. But what I wish to ask

a. Why do you believe prayers are not working considering George Muller as a case study?
b. Was his report of supply/provision as a result of dependence on God true?
c. Which atheist have disprove such an incredible story?

I wish to post his biography but its quite long but here is a link for starters

http://seek-n-find.hubpages.com/hub/The-Man-Who-Received-Millions-By-Prayer-Alone-Short-Biographical-Sketch-of-George-Muller

Thank you
Re: George Muller: Does God Answer Prayer? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2012
I would have loved logicboy to open the floor but it has been quite silent i guess. Still waiting

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts On “sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God” / 14thapril2012-20thap / Tour To Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.