Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! (2068 Views)

Unidentified Space Junk Labelled ‘WTF’ Is About To Crash Into Earth / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
Holy Fuçk! We're all gonna die!
The Hubble team over at NASA has confirmed what it's suspected for a while: that our galaxy is destined for a direct collision / love fest with Andromeda, culminating in the birth of "Milkomeda." But don't go lobbying Virgin Galactic for ring-side tickets just yet because the fireworks won't go off for another four billion years -- and last another two billion after that. Scientists also predict that the earth won't be threatened thanksto the sheer amount of empty space between stars, but we could lose the sun as its flung outto some other part of the new system. You hear that? We could lose the freakin' sun!!
SOURCE
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by CGKing(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
Abeg, we never ready, tell them make them nova collide. We still they think of how jtf n boko haram go collide

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Salvation001(m): 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Scientists and their lies. Very soon, they will release another theory of how boko haram will travel to space and bomb the whole earth.
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
^What have scientists and boko haram got to do with each other? Does one know the other exist?

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Salvation001(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
^^ you should understand what I meant by that. Did I mean that the scientists will predict anything about the bokoharam? NO. What I meant was that all the predictions of how the earth is gonna end, is false. They said in about 4.5billion years to come, the sun will use up the remaining hydrogen init. That will cause the sun to implode, thereby destroying the earth. Look, the scientists have presented many theories on how the earth will end. Just look them up on google. I don't really need to explain anything I wrote earlier on. Can't you just understand what I meant by my statement earlier?
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by mkmyers45(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2012
Salvation001: Scientists and their lies. Very soon, they will release another theory of how boko haram will travel to space and bomb the whole earth.

Huh? Dude are you ok?
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by mkmyers45(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2012
Salvation001: ^^ you should understand what I meant by that. Did I mean that the scientists will predict anything about the bokoharam? NO. What I meant was that all the predictions of how the earth is gonna end, is false. They said in about 4.5billion years to come, the sun will use up the remaining hydrogen init. That will cause the sun to implode, thereby destroying the earth. Look, the scientists have presented many theories on how the earth will end. Just look them up on google. I don't really need to explain anything I wrote earlier on. Can't you just understand what I meant by my statement earlier?

what predictions are you talking about?
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Salvation001(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
mkmyers45:

what predictions are you talking about?
Go through microsoft encarta, and you'll see what I'm saying.
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by blackweaver(m): 6:52am On Jul 02, 2012
big deal! we'd be dead long before then, and our children's children and their children's children and their children's children etc; besides i thought these scientists used to say that the universe was expanding, that the galaxies were drifting away from each other; so what now changed?
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by eyu1204: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2012
What have scientists and boko haram got to do with each other?[img]http://www.dubaa.info/good.gif[/img]
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by 1LINC: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
instead of you guys to think of ways to improve our Nigerian technology.....
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Nebeuwa(m): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
It will happen, but not for billions of years, so hopefully humanity will have mastered intergalactic travel.
Re: NASA Confirms Milkyway Galaxy Will Crash Into Andromeda Galaxy! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
Nebeuwa: It will happen, but not for billions of years, so hopefully humanity will have mastered intergalactic travel.
The prediction is probably going to happen in 2-billion year time(4 billion on a speculative side). I still doubt that theory though, due to the theory of the expansion of the universe. We found out as the universe expands gravity becomes more weakened and therefore the force to pull/drag these particles in the two distance galaxies together becomes evidently clear.

We know close to nothing about the dark energy which occupied about 74% of the entire universe effect on this nature. Indeed, the collision of the two galaxies is not going to happen because we know something about the great Big Crunch has been ruled out of the theory in relation to large scale phenomenon as galaxies. And, there are evidences that the Big Chill is likely not to happen. Yet another thing the ever weirdest of all, the Big Rip is possible as regard available theories and predictions of the nature of this highly elusive dark energy.

I think phenomenon behind the collision of our own Milky Way galaxy with Andromeda is not going to take place in any serious predictions, maybe, not in 2-4 billion years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know? Traffic Lights Came Before Cars - Smartgeek NG / See What The Average Human Will Look Like In 2050 / India Becomes 4th Country In The World To Successful Test SCRAMJET ROCKET ENGINE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.