Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,741 members, 7,955,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? (819 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Godmother(f): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
Just wondering undecided undecided
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
Christians are not circumcised.
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
In the old testament circumcision was a shadow of the real circumcision which is that of the heart.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

Colossians 3:11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Galatians 5:6 - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer - Deuteronomy 10:16

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, circumcise your hearts, you men of Judah and people of Jerusalem, or my wrath will break out and burn like fire because of the evil you have done--burn with no one to quench it.
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Godmother(f): 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ptolomeus: Christians are not circumcised.

Says who?
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by logicboy01: 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Godmother:

Says who?

It is not necessary. As a christian I was circumcised (as a baby). However, I have cousins who arent.....depends on your parents and the brand of christianity
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
frosbel: In the old testament circumcision was a shadow of the real circumcision which is that of the heart.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

Colossians 3:11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Galatians 5:6 - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer - Deuteronomy 10:16

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, circumcise your hearts, you men of Judah and people of Jerusalem, or my wrath will break out and burn like fire because of the evil you have done--burn with no one to quench it.

You explain that to the Jews.
Treat you the Bible with seriousness.
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Godmother:

Says who?

Circumcision (brit milah) is the Jewish liturgy, not to Christianity. It is a tradition which has some 4,500 years and was started by Abraham. Jesus himself was circumcised on the eighth day after birth, according to the Jewish religion, to which he belonged.
Neither Christianity neither Catholicism have maintained this tradition as binding and the rite is not part of the liturgy
Read the Bible.
My respects.
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Joel3(m): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
Yes he ve to. No christian lady will get on him.
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by logicboy01: 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
Joel.:

You must live in a village or something
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Godmother(f): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Joel.:

In a way u re right. Cos an uncircumcised guy doesn't look too nice (my opinion) undecided

Whenever I see a litu child on d street who wasn't circumcised he doesn't look too healthy to me
Re: If A Muslim Guy Converts To Christianity Does He Need To Get Circumcised? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Godmother:

In a way u re right. Cos an uncircumcised guy doesn't look too nice (my opinion) undecided

Whenever I see a litu child on d street who wasn't circumcised he doesn't look too healthy to me

Its you prefer as a matter of aesthetics ... well, everyone has their tastes. But aesthetics and religion do not mix.
Circumcision done for religious purposes is in the midst of a Jewish rite, ritual tools through and hits a rabbi.
I can not imagine how could a Christian pastor to do something.
He would do with a kitchen knife?
Well, maybe this post is a wonderful idea for a pastor begins to circumcise ... as usually most of the shepherds, the payment may be made in three installments.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Help!!! / The Only True Nation Under God / Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.