Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

How I Completely Fixed My HP Deskjet Printer Problems And How YOU Too Can - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How I Completely Fixed My HP Deskjet Printer Problems And How YOU Too Can (2352 Views)

HP Deskjet 2050 All In One Printer / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Completely Fixed My HP Deskjet Printer Problems And How YOU Too Can by server123: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fellow nairalanders

It may sound simple to install and maintain a printer and make sure that everything is OK. But after sometime.. like a year or so there comes a time when your printer becomes rigid and becomes ir-responsive, no matter what you do or how you you do it.

I've been facing such problems since years and now due to experience, finally come to a rather stable solution to most of the printer problems.
I have an HP Deskjet printer

The problems faced due to printers:
1. Unable to print.
2. Viewing printer properties gives the following error:
Function Address 0c77c47ea2 caused a protection fault
Exception Code 0xc0000005
Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed
3. Causes your editor (notepad/word) to crash giving some weird error.
4. Printer not getting detected
5. The printer freezes in the middle of a print command… goes on..

Problem with the cartridge.
In case of the 5th point, it would be best to remove any one cartridge and then give a print command.
Do the same with the other cartridge. If you are able to print with either of them on, then there is a problem with the other cartridge.
Also observe the printer 'power' button when you turn ON the printer. If it blinks continuously, then there is a problem with your cartridge.

Problem with the printer drivers.
The only best solution is to COMPLETELY install the printer drivers.

Step 1 Disconnect the printer from the PC, remover the USB cable and power cable.

STEP 2 Right click on my computer and choose manage.
‘Services n applications > Services’
Stop the Print Spooler Service.
Close this window.

STEP 3 Start> Settings > Printers and Faxes
Delete the existing printers that you see…

STEP 4 Make sure your Printer CD is inserted into CD drive(the disc you get when you purchase the printer)
Reconnect your printer cables and restart/start the Print Spooler Service which you stopped in

The PC will automatically detect the printer and install some necessary files.

STEP 5 Go back to Start> Settings > Printers and Faxes> Add a printer.
Click next..next… choose LTP1 port..next .. click ‘Have a disk’… ‘browse to your cd drive..click Ok.
Some more files get automatically installed.

STEP 6
My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager> Other devices
make sure that your printer name is not mentioned there(should not have a yellow question mark)
If it is there with a yellow question mark, double click and reinstall driver/update driver/browse
to your Cd drive containing the printer drivers.
Restart your PC..
Open a Microsoft Office, type something and print to check whether its working..

Hope you got this and you can more of this information on www.presegsunderstanding.com

Thanks and goodluck.................

(1) (Reply)

Acer Aspire 5736Z Drivers For Windows 8 / HP Elitebook 840 G3 Core I5 165k / free ubuntu applicatuon dvd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.