Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks (658 Views)

Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs After May29 / What A Killer Disease; Ebola Virus Kills 85 People In 3 Days / Girl Identifies Parents Killer In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ranks007: http://macdailynews.com/2012/06/19/google-to-launch-ipad-killer-in-coming-weeks-sources-say/
Can't wait

I would rather wait to see if it worth the hype . . .
Blackberry made more noise with BB Playbook
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by LordReed(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I would rather wait to see if it worth the hype . . .
Blackberry made more noise with BB Playbook

Abi o! Anyway with Android 4.0 ICS the unification of mobile and tab operation on the Android platform should make things easier for Google to launch an ipad killer.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Abi o! Anyway with Android 4.0 ICS the unification of mobile and tab operation on the Android platform should make things easier for Google to launch an ipad killer.

I think their prices will be one of the biggest killer for ipad if they really wanna kill ipad.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
Only a tablet with out-of-this-world features will unseat the iPad. That machine is just superb... even for the retina display alone.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan: Only a tablet with out-of-this-world features will unseat the iPad. That machine is just superb... even for the retina display alone.

It is so easy and simple to unseat Ipad . . . Price, and some great features . . .
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by denzel2009: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan: Only a tablet with out-of-this-world features will unseat the iPad. That machine is just superb... even for the retina display alone.

There's really nothing superb about ipad. What is superb is Apple's marketing strategy!
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
denzel2009:

There's really nothing superb about ipad. What is superb is Apple's marketing strategy!

And there ability to protect it without being compromised
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

It is so easy and simple to unseat Ipad . . . Price, and some great features . . .

4 yrs running... RIM tried and failed, Samsung has tried and failed... who is next? Most would rather spend money on a pricey iPad than buy any other tablet. The same pricing issue was raised as a potential iPhone killer... hmmm
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
denzel2009:

Seems to be working quite well.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

4 yrs running... RIM tried and failed, Samsung has tried and failed... who is next? Most would rather spend money on a pricey iPad than buy any other tablet. The same pricing issue was raised as a potential iPhone killer... hmmm

Chief, BB failed cos they never saw the face chat by apple coming . . they were too relaxed cos of the BB Chat . . . Anyone to have a bite into Apple's ipad and iphone, they will have to do something and at same time reduced the price.
Playbook would have done something nice, if not the size of the playbook as well as "NO SIM" . . .
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Chief, BB failed cos they never saw the face chat by apple coming . . they were too relaxed cos of the BB Chat . . . Anyone to have a bite into Apple's ipad and iphone, they will have to do something and at same time reduced the price.
Playbook would have done something nice, if not the size of the playbook as well as "NO SIM" . . .

Dude come on... so face chat is why the iPad beat the BB playbook? What a joke. Most folks who own an iPad barely use the face chat option. the iPhone was already outselling the blackberry well before face chat arrived.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by LordReed(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

Seems to be working quite well.

For now it is. Android Tabs running ICS and later will give the ipad a run for its money. Android is the future!
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

For now it is. Android Tabs running ICS and later will give the ipad a run for its money. Android is the future!

We said same about the iPhone. we'll see.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

Dude come on... so face chat is why the iPad beat the BB playbook? What a joke. Most folks who own an iPad barely use the face chat option. the iPhone was already outselling the blackberry well before face chat arrived.

Note my statement, not Ipad as an item, but Apple as an inventor . . .
I am not taking anything away from Apple, but if other company put more into their invention, they could make it happen.
Look at the design of RIMs, nothing to really take away your breath, nothing to make you wanna make sure you own one, only Africa seems to be BB Crazy, which is good for business still . . . However, BB could bounce back, if they willing to play balls.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by denzel2009: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

That's why I said Apple's marketing is top notch. I use Asus transformer running Android 4.0 aka ICS.

If I dock it to the keyboard I get 14hrs usage on batteries which Ipad will not do.

It has expandable memory slot for and extra 64gb storage, Ipad doesnt

It has hdmi slot to watch flawless hd tv, you have to have apple tv to use ipad

Ipad cannot multitask. You have to close one app before using another. I can multitask easily on Asus.

If I take pictures on my camera, I only need to slot the sd card into my asus to view it. You have to go through itunes on ipad wtf!

These are the few I can remember jare!

***I'm not saying it doesn't work but the hype is too much. If you need to get things done, Ipad is not the best!

Fhemmmy:

And there ability to protect it without being compromised

they jailbreak them easily these days.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
denzel2009:

That's why I said Apple's marketing is top notch. I use Asus transformer running Android 4.0 aka ICS.

If I dock it to the keyboard I get 14hrs usage on batteries which Ipad will not do.

It has expandable memory slot for and extra 64gb storage, Ipad doesnt

It has hdmi slot to watch flawless hd tv, you have to have apple tv to use ipad

Ipad cannot multitask. You have to close one app before using another. I can multitask easily on Asus.

If I take pictures on my camera, I only need to slot the sd card into my asus to view it. You have to go through itunes on ipad wtf!

These are the few I can remember jare!

***I'm not saying it doesn't work but the hype is too much. If you need to get things done, Ipad is not the best!

Absolutely agree.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by LordReed(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

We said same about the iPhone. we'll see.

That is already happening. Samsung's Galaxy S series and other members of the Droid army have successfully challenged the iphone. Apple's remain stranglehold is the ipad that is why they are fighting tooth and nail to bring down Samsung's Galaxy Tab.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

That is already happening. Samsung's Galaxy S series and other members of the Droid army have successfully challenged the iphone. Apple's remain stranglehold is the ipad that is why they are fighting tooth and nail to bring down Samsung's Galaxy Tab.

Sales of the galaxy 10.1 has been stopped in the US for being almost an exact copy of the iPad.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by LordReed(m): 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan:

Sales of the galaxy 10.1 has been stopped in the US for being almost an exact copy of the iPad.

Apple's desperation tactic, trying to stem the tide.
Re: Google To Launch Ipad Killer In Coming Weeks by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
The fun continues

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Going Into My Profiles Ie My Other User Ids? / Did She make #190 Dat Day? / For Some Reason Some Dude Named Pyguru Keeps Banning For Posting Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.