Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,589 members, 7,843,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! (1990 Views)

How To Code Your Own Personal Assistant In Python / Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I Was Learning How To Code / Please Don't Learn To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by plote: 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
Computing has changed the world in profound ways. It has opened up wonderful new ways for people to connect, design, research, play, create, and express themselves. However, just using a computer is only a small part of the picture. The real trans-formative and empowering experience comes when one learns how to program the computer, to translate ideas into code.

These days we all have pretty fast computers with us wherever we go.And we really love them. It defines who we are.
But, should we continue to sit by and watch this amazing technology? Shouldn't we participate in defining it?
My answer to this is we can! And it would not even cost you anything to get started. Just time and energy is all that it would cost you! If your answer to my second question is "YES", then we can walk together. You will not even only walk with me, we will walk with global community of programmers and developers.

(map int "church"wink
I would want you to make an intuitive guess what the above is. And do you think it is really difficult to figure out? Maybe yes, but my bet is that you will someday find out that it is not as difficult as 2 + 2. Remember that we were made to believe that 2 + 2 = 4. Is that really true? I will say a big "NO". Say we have two goats and two tubers of yam, is it not same as 2 + 2? And what do you think the answer would be?

Back to the reason for this write-up , it is to motivate you and to let you know that you can write your own computer programs. That your can write your own games, that you can turn your Microsoft excel and co into something amazing by adding a few lines of code. You can monitor your warehouses via your phone. You can open your gates with your phone. What you can do is only limited to your imagination and skill set(note that I am only referring to computers here). You don't need a degree or university education. One may say that I am wrong here. Okay, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, and Twitter they all have one thing
in common. Guess what? They were all started off by dropouts. One may say that that is US not Nigeria. Now, let's sketch how to get started. We have thousands of free computer languages out there on the net. And most of them are Turing complete.

http://www.satajanus.com/
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by gbolax(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
am a novice in php. I just start
learning php. I really need a friend. I mean
programmers 2assit me. Any1 out there 2help. This is my email olusesimrg@yahoo.com. I stay in lagos. Love u all
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by lordZOUGA(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
gbolax: am a novice in php. I just start
programmers 2assit me. Any1 out there 2help. This is my email olusesimrg@yahoo.com. I stay in lagos. Love u all
very gay introduction dude... Not exactly a good first impression.
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by tinnymerit(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
[quote author=gbolax]am a novice in php. I just start
programmers 2assit me. Any1 out there 2help. This is my email olusesimrg@yahoo.com. I stay in lagos. Love u all[/quote
try www.tizag.com or www.w3school.com
shalooooom.
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by Taiyes007: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Pls help me willing to be a programmer and as a course as am about to enter university,pls i need a guidline on how is going to be easy for me to afford my email address is isanni25@yahoo.com,facebook taiwo olabode,i wear a white polo,a facecape and am holding a phone.
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by 8ightball: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
Is @seun a dropout?
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by plote: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2012
@8ightball

[quote]

Is @seun a dropout?

[/ quote]

No! My BAD

I have personally apologized to him. Please help me beg him to forgive me.
Re: Nigerians,this Is Your Time To Code! by jhonesmith: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
if bored off while studying and watching all these stuff & want to do something cool and want to book. go check here it's really amazing. everyone loves checkout reviews. with zero % spam rate. https://usercompared.com/top-9-balance-trainer-half-ball-buying-guide-2020/

(1) (Reply)

Wowzapp-microsoft-windows-8-hackathon / Computer Science Or Computer Engineering??? / How Can I Add An Editor In The Textarea In An ASP.NET MVC Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.