Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP (13261 Views)

Urgently In Need Of Howo Dump Trucks In Calabar / New Howo Sino Tipper Trucks With Spare Parts For Sale,view Pics.08034489191 / TRUCKS HEADS,DUMP TRUCKS AND SPARE PARTS ARE IN STOCK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 8:25am On Jun 29, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders, I am in a dilemma and I need your informed views. I just returned to the country and I am about to engage in the Haulage business. I initially wanted to purchase 2 mack R model dump trucks for 4 million each but during one of my trips outside the state, I came across numerous Sino Howo dump trucks along our highway. I did a lot of research and found out that sino howo trucks are relatively popular in Nigeria and I could go to china and get a brand new Howo truck for 7 million. I also found out that the parts are easily accessible and considering that it is brand new, I should expect it to give me value for my money.

However, a second opinion would be much much appreciated. Anybody with experience regarding brand new sino howo dump trucks, please share your experiences. Nairalanders, am I better off with two 20 year old mack trucks or one brand new china howo truck?

All responses will be appreciated.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 8:29am On Jun 29, 2012
Truckman, your opinion will be much appreciated!!
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by mrdonbuchi: 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
I think the sino trucks is better cos a lot of big companies are begining to switch to these trucks. Dangote for example use these trucks for long distance cement haulage.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by USAutoBuy(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hi,

Buying either one has its advantage and disadvantage. The new truck will serve you but the repairs MIGHT not be easily done by anybody onlike true and tested older mack truck which MAY break down more often than the Howo.

Just a thought. if i were you, i will buy the mack. buy 2 very good ones and see how much you learn. then you can invest in new trucks as time goes on.

Dangote did not start off buying new truck. you can get 2 really nice ones for about 8 mil and learn the ropes from there.

Good luck
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
Thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Clerverly: 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
I will advise you buy the Sino Howo dump truck. Reason, new thing is new thing and besides they have their representives here in Nigeria who can readily come to your aid in case of any major repairs not unless you want to feed some mechanics, drivers, some shylock igbo spare parts dealers then u go for the used ones.
If you need more advice feel free here. Goodluck
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
more advice and opinion needed!!
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by chipetrus: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Location,where this brand new truck are to be applied matters so much.
you must not compare yourself with Dangote being a beginner you are.
Consider spare parts availability and service center.
Go for the mack or man diesel truck used abroad with very low usage or mileage,that the spare parts are available at every door step.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by flexya: 5:18am On Jul 05, 2012
This is a no brainer. Companies use the chinko more, while individuals like I prefer the macks and there is a good reason for that. Haulage is a numbers game. The more u av, the greater the income. Even wit the repairs and maintenance on the "20yr olds", u r still left wit more in your pocket. Before u counter by sayin the chinko will last longer, well yes bt by the time u dispose off the mack, u should av made enof profit 2 buy another, bearin in mind that it also has residual value = more profit. If its a choice between 2 macks and 1 chinko, then its a no brainer. Also if the Howo is grounded (eg accident-God forbid) for a while, then no income. Will only choose the chinko if prices were same/similar. Companies that use it do so 2 suPplement their core biznes ie reduce cost. Not same as we privateers
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2012
@chipetrus and flexya, thanks for your opinion, where in Lagos can I find numerous mack trucks to choose from? What particular model of mack trucks are the best?

Finally, how many ton truck do i start with? 25 or 30? Answers much appreciated.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by ayemerbarth: 6:33am On Jul 05, 2012
4 ur mack trucks and heavy duty equipments, send mail to kingpetrus2nd@yahoo.com. I think dat man has everything 2 start haulage biz.

1 Like

Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by flexya: 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
Chichilas: @chipetrus and flexya, thanks for your opinion, where in Lagos can I find numerous mack trucks to choose from? What particular model of mack trucks are the best?

Finally, how many ton truck do i start with? 25 or 30? Answers much appreciated.

I don't know where is best in lagos since I bought mine directly from the States. Speak 2 truckman on this foorum. He seems 2 av a decent reputation. R model or CH are most popular. The Rs r even more popular since there r more mechanics around that can fix them bt the availabilty of CH mechanics is growin daily and not necessarily a problem. If u can afford it, go for the CH. A decent one will set u back about N5mil or thereabout. The Rs are about N1M+ cheaper. As for tonnage, its a choice thing bt I will tell u straight that no double axle mack (even wit 2 or 4 extra tyres) will carry 30T. That 30T capacity often banded round includes the vehicle weight - up 2 12T in some cases. Only trailers will do these weight. I prefer those wit longer buckets (and extra helpin wheels). These will carrry 23-24T of granite. It allows me 2 charge same as trailers for some jobs wit the versality of double axle tiPpers 2 enter sites that trailers can't reach. Choice is urs. Both short and long bucket will make u money. If u intend 2 haul asphalt, then yes, the 30T is carriable bt u will be workin ur engine harder. Only advisable when job is slow. Being a newbie, aside the cost of buyin the truck, there are some extra cost before u can even start work. Will list em below.Final advice- sit wit ur truck/manager. Don't hand it over 2 anyone and sit at home waitin. When ur vehicle has loaded and gone, u can close for the day- goodluck and welcome 2 the club.
Additional cost
1) 2 new front tyre - N100 - 120k (22.5 rims carry cheaper tyres dan 24.5
2) Registration -N60k (make sure u get all the tax force stickers)
3) Service -N30k (check all the axle and tippin oils 2!)
4) Jack, wheel spanner, C cautions, fire extinguisher, shovel - N20k
5) Comprehensive Insurance - about 6% of vehicle value
6) Tracker (very advisable)- N40-N70k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2012
@flexya, thank you, I will contact truckman. Are you saying it would be better for me to buy a truck head and add a trailer bucket to make more money by hauling 30ton asphalt or granite or should I just stick with 25 ton dump trucks strictly for hauling sand? Which is more profitable? Hauling sand, granite or asphalt?

Please advice.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
I have also heard numerous horror stories about CH Mack models, what is your take on that?

All opinions are welcome!!
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 6:57am On Jul 09, 2012
answers needed!!
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by flexya: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
Whether its 10tyres or trailers, there is a market for both. Since u r just startin, i will suggest 10tyres with helpers ie 12 or 14 wheelers. 10tyres can haul granite and asphalt but not 30tonnes worth of it. I DONT do sand at all and i hav10tyres and trailers. Personl reasons. As for ch models, its just like i said- ppl who know about the engines are fewer. They r meant to be bettr the Rs. If u can afford one and can spare time to manage it, buy it above the Rs
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by chipetrus: 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
being a beginner that you are. Go for the R,RD,CH MACK dump truck made of injector and non brain bosch(a.k.a manual-manual) 6 x 4
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by Chichilas: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
Thanks everyone, I should now be able to make an informed decision.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by TonyLee1(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2012
I am tony lee from China,i am doing siontruk howo truck supply business.if you hesitate about howo,pls contact me directly,i can tell you much more about the howo trucks including price and so on.my mail:tony-lee@sinotruck.cc or sinotrukhowo7@gmail.com,my Mob:+86 138 849 84917.
good luck
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by shadeltec: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
flexya:

I don't know where is best in lagos since I bought mine directly from the States. Speak 2 truckman on this foorum. He seems 2 av a decent reputation. R model or CH are most popular. The Rs r even more popular since there r more mechanics around that can fix them bt the availabilty of CH mechanics is growin daily and not necessarily a problem. If u can afford it, go for the CH. A decent one will set u back about N5mil or thereabout. The Rs are about N1M+ cheaper. As for tonnage, its a choice thing bt I will tell u straight that no double axle mack (even wit 2 or 4 extra tyres) will carry 30T. That 30T capacity often banded round includes the vehicle weight - up 2 12T in some cases. Only trailers will do these weight. I prefer those wit longer buckets (and extra helpin wheels). These will carrry 23-24T of granite. It allows me 2 charge same as trailers for some jobs wit the versality of double axle tiPpers 2 enter sites that trailers can't reach. Choice is urs. Both short and long bucket will make u money. If u intend 2 haul asphalt, then yes, the 30T is carriable bt u will be workin ur engine harder. Only advisable when job is slow. Being a newbie, aside the cost of buyin the truck, there are some extra cost before u can even start work. Will list em below.Final advice- sit wit ur truck/manager. Don't hand it over 2 anyone and sit at home waitin. When ur vehicle has loaded and gone, u can close for the day- goodluck and welcome 2 the club.
Additional cost
1) 2 new front tyre - N100 - 120k (22.5 rims carry cheaper tyres dan 24.5
2) Registration -N60k (make sure u get all the tax force stickers)
3) Service -N30k (check all the axle and tippin oils 2!)
4) Jack, wheel spanner, C cautions, fire extinguisher, shovel - N20k
5) Comprehensive Insurance - about 6% of vehicle value
6) Tracker (very advisable)- N40-N70k

Your contribution on this forum is most appreciated, I will like to meet you for advice with the hope that you will become my mentor as I am planning to start this business very soon. My email address is dele_uduma@yahoo.com
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by HOWOTRUCK(f): 6:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Hi Chichilas, this is Cherry from SINOTRUK. According to our experience, the options can be:

6x4 dump truck
8x4 dump truck
6x4 tractor truck + dumping semi-trailer

All of our trucks are brand new and are made by order. We can manufacture according to your detail requirement, such as what to load, the density, the weight, the volume, the road condition, etc.

We will try our best to recommend the one that suits you best. Pls contact me for more info, cherrytruck ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by yakuz: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2013
@howotruck -cherry
What are the very good prices of these trucks u mentioned also are they available in Nigeria already ?
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by HOWOTRUCK(f): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2013
yakuz: @howotruck -cherry
What are the very good prices of these trucks u mentioned also are they available in Nigeria already ?

Hi Yakuz,

Thanks for your interest. Can you please connect me by my email address: cherrytruck ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com? I will send the details to you via email.
Re: Sino Howo Dump Trucks Vs Mack Or MAN Diesel Dump Trucks..... Advice Needed ASAP by netlord1: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
There is one part everybody has neglected - The drivers. They play a very critical role in the longevity of a truck whether new or old.

(1) (Reply)

Automated Vehicle Tracking System(protect And Monitor Your Vehicle) / ** HURRICANE INSPIRED HAS ARRIVED NIGERIA ( VW TOUAREG JACKIE BAUER PreOrdered ) / Register Your Vehicle Here ...ABUJA PLATE NUMBER ONLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.