Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? (1393 Views)

8 Slangs You Need To Survive On The Streets Of Lagos / Actress Iyabo Ojo Reveals Female Actress Don’t Survive On Acting Alone / Stewie, The World's Longest Cat, Dies In Nevada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by kandiikane(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2012
Nairaland, my heart is broken. I don't think I can forgive myself.

One october night, my housemates helped a strayed cat across a road and it follòwed them home. When they brought that thing home, I shouted blood of jesus because its eyes looked very green. Whilst, everyone in the house was stroking the cat and was praying incase, it's a witch.

Anyway, the next day it was taken to the vet to try and identify the owners by its chip. The vets called the owner but the owners didn't want it so we were stuck with it. Since, I found out it had a previous owner, that reassured me that it's wasn't a witch.

To cut long story short, even though I did not bring the cat, I got so use to it and it, me. I did everything for it, we sleep together , it was always in my room and it was just such a sociable cat(thinking about this bring tears in my eyes cry cry). I lived in a student accomodation and I knew that I had to give the cat away before my contract ended but I dragged my feet til last minute.

I couldn't persuade my mum to allow me to bring the cat to hers until I could find another accomodation. She said she is allergic to them (how can an african born and bred in Africa be allergic to cats? ). I have now been left to leave the cat and it's paining me. I left it outside my old house and I know it will want to go back in the house and it will stay out there for days with no food. I feel so terrible. I wanted to kill it when I couldn't find a place for it because I rather that, than it starving to death.

Please I want to know from those of you who have/had pets how long it will be able to survive without food and whether it will move on when it realises that the door won't open for it.

It's affecting me because I had a small kitten when I was younger and it died in my hands and I don't want it to repeat itself.

Please this isn't a joke, I know many will find it silly but you won't understand until ýou've had a pet. So if you cannot contribute sensible comments, I beg you don't bother.

I never thought I did be a cat lover. I just need reasurrance. cry cry cry

Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
Do you know what I was thinking when I saw Kitty?

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by kandiikane(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
Lool, I know! I made sure I put it there so people can help me.
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by ITbomb(m): 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
OMG I thought you were rape, sorry for the puszy
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by masterpiecer(m): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
just put it up for adoption, look for a foster home, i'm sure there will b someone who will b willing to take her in. please dont let that kitty die.
i have a strong passion for pet animals
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 09, 2012
Gawwd! I hate cats!!! I hate cats!!! I hate cats with a perfect unfinite hatred! U keep one? Hw disgusting.
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by kandiikane(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ha! They probably hate you too.
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
you're heartless! What did you expect would happen when you abandoned it out in the cold? Of course it will freeze and starve to death, and its all your fault! No, no, no...you have no excuses!
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
It's okay for dem to hate me. I want it grin i'm allergic to pple dat keep cats! D spirit of cat is in dem eeeewwwww! Abeg try better pets like dogs,monkeys, parrots but not cats.
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by kandiikane(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
Lool@boboyekini, I went there today and I didn't think it will still be there but it was. It came up to me when it saw and followed me into the house. So cute!

The neighbour kept an eye on her, I spoke to her about it and she called around and one of her friend4 is going to keep it.

Awwh, when I was going it followed me right up to the main road and just stood there staring at me. cry

I am happy though. I now know she won't be maltreated. If I had taken her to a shelter, it would have probably died there or even get an owner who maltreats it.

I do miss it very much.

@ bennyraz lol you are right! I do have a cat spirit in me. I see it in my dreams quite a few times but hopefully now that I have left the cat behind the spirit will stay behind too and find a new host. tongue
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2012
Since u see d cats in ur dream it means u guys share d same bed, plate, towel, everything e.t.c probably u mouth kiss d cat eeewww!! Seriously, u shud be playing with teddies, dolls tongue
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by kandiikane(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2012
Lol, shush!

Actually we did share bed because if I don't let it in my room, it will meow all night outside my door.

See the picture, na sleep she dey sleep so.

The most annoying part is, at 5am it will wake up and start touching and bumping my face with it's wet nose and paw. tongue

This one time it was curled up at the bottom end of my bed, by morning it's face was literally next to mine and was just stroking my face.

I woke up screaming blood of jisos because the thing was so scary. Imagine, waking up with a cat right in your face.
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2012
Why were you screaming blood of Jesus U embraced trouble with open hands and you're now calling blood of Jesus to rescue u I dey laugh at u grin grin u no get liver atall tongue tongue but dat part of bumping ur face with it's WET NOSE & Paw(i thought it's only dogs that have wet nose). *just saying*. Well, d thing is, since u and a pet(cat) sleep on d same bed, u guys make out alot grin grin grin lmao lofl lol. And d assumption is, u didn't want to let go of it due to the cuddling & warmness u get frm it tongue
Re: Will my Cat Survive On It's Own? by kandiikane(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
Lmao, that cat was like my child, so forget all that making out nonsense. tongue

Cats do have wet noses.

I just miss it because we became very close, not in that manner you want it to be. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Does This Deserve A Ban? / I just cant stand Lagos girls! / Which One Is Best : Dettol Or Safeguard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.