Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry (1468 Views)

Poll: What is the future of Nigerian sofware industry

Enterprise Applications with J2EE and .NET Technologies : 30% (4 votes)
Desktop Applications : 0% (0 votes)
Mobile Applications: 30% (4 votes)
Embeded devices such as smart cards, SIMs, TV's, Printers: 15% (2 votes)
We will remain in the "Web-Era" : 23% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally / A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by Javanian: 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
In Nigeria, we are currently in what i can call the "web-era", what i mean is that most
of the programmers today do more of web applications(not joomla and drupal installers) grin but i think in a few years from now most Nigerian developers will move to something else(am not saying everybody will abandon the web). So i'll like to know what you think the future holds for us. I think we will move to an Era
of programming Enterprise Applications(although i may be wrong). so here is a list of what i think the future may hold. You can include yours if i didn't include it

1, Enterprise Applications with J2EE and .NET Technologies
2, Desktop Applications
3, Mobile Applications
4, Embeded devices such as smart cards, SIMs, TV's, Printers
We will remain in the "Web-Era"
[b][/b]
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by talk2hb1(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2012
With the look of things I think mobile web (that is mobile capable websites) will be the zing thing and Mobile application.
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by Javanian: 11:22am On Jul 06, 2012
114 hits and just 4 votes...c'mon guys you can do better...
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by JavaPrince1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2012
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color] I'm nt saying we ar nt to be optimistic nor antisipate more of modern stufs. But I must say that Nigerians hv gat the brains that can do even better in the current software industry. Meanwhile the future can be any any date. We can be more specific by saying say twenty years from nw were would Nigeria be in the Global Software Market. The Answer to me is nt just what we can do it is what we can recreate. We all knw what the Government here looks like and cant compare ourselves wt the rest of the Developed environments. Imagine in 1999 a first Class Electronic Engineering graduate from the University Nigeria Nsukka is currently one of the senior enginering staff of a well knwn Electronics company in the USA. The low stardard of living here makes one not to be self reliant in a particular domesticalised industry. Even now we can do more of the things being done in industralized areas. Bt we are nt in the rite environment.
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by lordZOUGA(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
you can always simulate the right enviroment... Its easy: ignore all forms of bullshit and focus..

1 Like

Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by prowlG: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
Embedded , thats the future.
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
We may be looking at mobiles.
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by EdDave(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2012
Nigeria has a huge market esp in d mobile industry.Also considering the fast pace in smartphones and mobile technology, I d say mobile apps seem to pull much interest.they are relatively easier to build thereby attracting beginners.
Mobile apps it is.
Re: YOUR OPINIONS ARE NEEDED: What Is The Future Of Nigerian Software Industry by Ajafik(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
Software development through out the world is presently tending towards mobility, data centric and cloud.

(1) (Reply)

Which Course Would You Pick? / Paystack,interswitch,quickteller,access Bank And Fidelity Paygate Integrator / Want To Learn Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.